Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2021 10:57:04 PM EDT
Just installed a Yamaha 5.1 YHT-4950UBL home theater system and the sound is amazing compared to my old Sony soundbar.

Experimented with every DVD/Blu-Ray in my inventory that had interesting music or sound effects and all were excellent *except* for one annoying little anomaly.
While playing Disney's live action Aladdin, during the scene where Aladdin is introduced to Agraba w/great fanfare there's one point where two swords are clashed together.
On a friend's cheap Polk mini-system the sword clash is sharp & distinctive, exactly what you'd expect.
With the Yamaha it's muted and dull, almost non-existent.

I've tried every sound field and everything else I could think of but nothing seems to help.
Any ideas as to the cause and possible fixes? TIA!...

Tomac
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Excessive variance in the frequency response of your speakers.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Excessive variance in the frequency response of your speakers.
View Quote

Any fixes for that? Thx!
ETA: I get the same anomely using the receiver's headphone jack, could this be corrected via EQ?

Tomac
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
reproducibility in headphones would essentially exclude the speakers being the source
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
reproducibility in headphones would essentially exclude the speakers being the source
View Quote

That's what I was thinking. Used to be an ET in the Navy but that doesn't get me much past the hardware side of this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top