Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2018 1:13:52 PM EDT
I am Catholic, but not a lifelong one.  Came to the Catholic Church when us Episcopalians were welcomed back after the American Episcopal Church went seriously left.  The Church appears to assisting in the structured violation of U.S. law by assisting the migrant caravan with ground transportation to their destination.  I take no issue with food, water and medical aid being provided by the church but transporting people to our border shows they are constructively assisting others in illegal entry (ie., acting as unpaid coyotes). Do you think President Trump should pull the tax exempt status of the Church until such time as they cease from assisting others in violating our laws? I mean it would negatively impact the many good works of the Church but I've always respected how the Church combats abortion and does so within the law and their involvement with illegal immigration would seem to be an apparent attempt to aid others in criminal activity.  No different than if let's say a U.S. corporation's Mexican subsidiary was assisting in smuggling activities. POTUS could sanction the U.S. entity. Thoughts?

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/28/migrant-caravan-abducted-child-report-halts-journe/
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The Episcopalians went sharper left than the Romans?
And Episcopal refugees went Roman, taking the plague with them like Californians fleeing to Oregon, thus accelerating the leftward slide of the Catholic Church?
I guess I hadn't been paying attention.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Think about how much good the Catholic Church could do in Central and South America if they were to spend some of the BILLIONS of dollars in the Vatican coffers doing work to allay poverty and illiteracy in those countries. A LOT of the accumulated wealth of the Vatican CAME FROM THOSE SAME COUNTRIES during the 1600-1800 time frame when they were being "brought to Jesus".
The Church sadly has a long history of essentially colluding with the various governments of CA and SA, as long as the Church got its cut. They have supported less than stellar governments as long as the church was allowed to run its business as usual. The Vatican is awash in cash, while millions of people in those countries live in abject poverty and ignorance. Never quite understood how that jibes with the teachings of Christ, atleast as I understand them.

Lastly, YES, if they are actively supporting the violation of US law, their status should be revoked. Criminal penalties should be assessed, and those responsible should be held to account. As OP said, if it was a Corporation they would be subject to criminal and civil sanctions, at least if we had a DOJ worth a shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Church appears to assisting in the structured violation of U.S. law by assisting the migrant caravan with ground transportation to their destination.  
View Quote
The actions of a nun and/or of her particular convent or parish do not represent the Church's actual involvement.  They are their own individuals and entities.  Same as the negative actions of an American citizen in a foreign country would not represent our country's actual stance or involvement.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The actions of a nun and/or of her particular convent or parish do not represent the Church's actual involvement.  They are their own individuals and entities.  Same as the negative actions of an American citizen in a foreign country would not represent our country's actual stance or involvement.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The Church in the U.S. may very well lose it’s tax exempt status, but it won’t be because of immigration.  RICO is inbound because of the gay thing.

Every time my bishop asks me to pray for the diocese sponsored DACA students, I cringe a little.  I do, however, trust he is putting forth due diligence for those particular individuals, and not applying a blanket cause to an undiscerned people.  He usually shows that he is.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Technically speaking.... What laws have they violated?

If they want to buss folks around Mexico or South America, so be it. Until those folks actually cross the border I don't know of any laws that have been broken, especially any laws that will affect me and mine.

View Quote
Conspiracy.  How did General Noriega violate our laws?  If anyone
believes a single nun is doing this or that this single nun did this without facilitation by the larger Church then I have some prime ocean front property to sell you in Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Talk about "facilitators."

In General:
First, as you know, nine federal resettlement contractors*** are hired by the US State Department to place refugees in your towns and cities.  Their job is to help the refugees settle in and get them signed up for their ‘services.’

You also know that the nine are paid by the head to place those refugees, but in addition the Office of Refugee Resettlement doles out many millions more each year to non-profit groups including those nine in the form of discretionary grants.

***Below are the nine federal refugee resettlement contractors.

In Specific:

In Particular:

Catholic Legal Immigration Network
(which, in their own words, "­­CLINIC and our network of 330 nonprofit immigration legal services providers stand ready....")

Guys, my Grandparents came here from Europe in the 1800s--legally. They had to meet numerous qualifications and strict health requirements; in short, hey were not only vetted, but needed two established American citizens as sponsors! They were eventually "naturalized" as U.S. Citizens. None of them approached our borders and "demanded" anything. They played by the rules--NEVER went on public assistance--and worked 40 years in the steel mills.

Interviews among the many in the alleged "Caravan" indicate they want to invade America for, in their own words: "jobs," or "to make money," or other economic wants. If so, there are LEGAL STEPS and PROCEDURES for this, just as Holy Mother Church has certain rules and regulations.

Political asylum seekers--something else.

I LOVE MY CHURCH,
BUT I FEAR ITS WAYWARD BISHOPS.

Source:
Refugee Resettlement Watch
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I LOVE OUR CHURCH BUT FEAR OUR WAYWARD BISHOPS!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Top Top