Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2023 10:18:55 AM EDT
is this guy serious? or, is this just another "Trial Balloon" floated by the globalist/NWO/WHO evil combo for the anti-gun dupes?

Cardinal Tells Americans To Voluntarily Give Up 2nd Amendment Rights

...seems like this idea was tried before: "COMRADES! Give up Your Weapons!"

Guns of The Vatican
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL!   Is the Catholic Church still a thing after it put a commie pope in the Vatican and has been promoting woke values?

If God decides to audit that organization, there will be a massive clean up.

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The Jesuit priest that trained my dads group during the 1956 Hungarian revolution was a Waffen SS guy who went into the seminary after the war.

Trained my father and his group on the DP28, PPSH41, Mosin, Mauser, grenades, PPSH43, and various other platforms.

My current residing priest at my church in Salem, Oregon is a former combat medic, fireman, and then went into the army chaplain and then the seminary.

He actually carries a gun and a knife (g19 and Benchmade AFO). Great guy and he says to ignore these people.

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#3]
It's the typical leftist, communist, Faustian bargain. Surrender your rights, freedoms, and essential liberties to the government-god and the government-god will bring you safety and security. Except that it never actually plays out that way. Ever.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#4]
To be fair, there are plenty of leftist protestant leaders of churches that also don't understand the second amendment
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey cardinal, give up your 1A rights first.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, I think most clergy within the Christian fold are left leaning. And probably look at the 2nd amendment with suspicion.    

There are of course some fine exceptions, however IMO the clergy may suffer from a myopic view that is similar to that of too many academics. Most have spent a great deal of time in educational institutions. Also, in many cases clergy do not have to wrestle with the same market forces that those in the private sector must contend with.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]

LMAO.  Of course he's serious. That is Cardinal "nighty nite baby"

[]/images/smilies/icon_smile_kisses.gif[/img]]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The Catholic church enthusiastically protects pedophiles. The present pope thinks pedophilia is a joke. Why should i trust anything the church says, and how can they possibly be virtuous or moral?
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Baby raping priest vs 18Z50!

Until the church cleans up its act, I decline any and all advice from clergy.

I recently had to spend time with the above baby raper!  

18Z50
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey cardinal, give up your 1A rights first.
View Quote

This, and pay some tax, of some kind.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Catholic church enthusiastically protects pedophiles. The present pope thinks pedophilia is a joke. Why should i trust anything the church says, and how can they possibly be virtuous or moral?
View Quote

>80% of the victims of priestly sexual abuse were post-pubescent males.  While any sexual abuse is evil and awful, it's important to understand what the specific issue is in order to correct it.

The Catholic Church does not have a pedophile priest problem.  The Catholic Church has a homosexual priest problem.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#12]
The Cardinal should lead by example and show us how easy it can be to give up a constitutionally guaranteed right by giving up his freedom of religion.  After he gives up freedom of religion and campaigns to have freedom of religion removed from the constitution, I'll think maybe he is sincere.  Until then he can piss off.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's the typical leftist, communist, Faustian bargain. Surrender your rights, freedoms, and essential liberties to the government-god and the government-god will bring you safety and security. Except that it never actually plays out that way. Ever.
View Quote

The amount of Catholic leadership pushing these ideas openly is disgusting and have driven many away from the church (including myself and my family). Worse yet, is sitting in church and watching the significant number of people nodding along in agreement.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not remotely interested in going back to the world that made the English establish colonies here. Nope. Not one bit interested.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, I think most clergy within the Christian fold are left leaning. And probably look at the 2nd amendment with suspicion.    

There are of course some fine exceptions, however IMO the clergy may suffer from a myopic view that is similar to that of too many academics. Most have spent a great deal of time in educational institutions. Also, in many cases clergy do not have to wrestle with the same market forces that those in the private sector must contend with.
View Quote
Communism is an ideology of absolute governmental power and control over the people. It is the diametric opposite of a constitutional republic. Under communism, the most important thing of all is the complete inability of the people to fight back. Gun ownership gives the people the ability to fight back, at least in theory. That's why the 2A is so viciously singled out among all of the rights and essential liberties that we possess as Americans. The democrat-communists have plans for us all. Plans that we are not going to like, and they know it. They need to make sure that when they turn the oppression to 11, everyone is helpless to stop them. They are not going to stop trying to take away all of our rights, starting with the 2A.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Communism is an ideology of absolute governmental power and control over the people. It is the diametric opposite of a constitutional republic. Under communism, the most important thing of all is the complete inability of the people to fight back. Gun ownership gives the people the ability to fight back, at least in theory. That's why the 2A is so viciously singled out among all of the rights and essential liberties that we possess as Americans. The democrat-communists have plans for us all. Plans that we are not going to like, and they know it. They need to make sure that when they turn the oppression to 11, everyone is helpless to stop them. They are not going to stop trying to take away all of our rights, starting with the 2A.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I totally agree. After the 2020 presidential "election" outcome, I told my wife that the Democrat Party will not stop until America resembles the Soviet Union of the 1960s-1970s.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I totally agree. After the 2020 presidential "election" outcome, I told my wife that the Democrat Party will not stop until America resembles the Soviet Union of the 1960s-1970s.
View Quote
Now that they have figured out a way to game all of the races in the swing states, they are never going to willingly stop. There's no longer an actual, legitimate reason to have mail-in voting anymore. That means that between now and next fall, The Party is going to have to create and execute a plan that will result in a need to return to mail-in voting. After the overwhelming success of Covid, I think we all know what that plan is going be. The only real question is what, exactly, it's going to look like when it happens.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Dear Cardinal:

"I ain't worried about the deer..."

BNA
Catholic Since 1947
Gunowner since 1956

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@TheLASwamp

Quoting this again because it is well said and glossed over too much.  I am frustrated daily how "we" allow the 2nd amendment to be framed into this self-defense (of the home or car or some other small defined condition) argument.  The 2nd is soooo much more than that and it needs to be part of the argument.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Years ago the United Methodist Church took the position that women had the Christian duty to submit to a rapist and not defend herself because of the physical harm she might do to the rapist if she shot him. My wife and I attended a UMC church that was pastored by the former dean of the school of theology I attended. While that congregation was traditional at that time and has since split from the heretical UMC, I gave the imperial edict that none of our tithes would go anywhere outside of the church we attended, and I earmarked them for that church.

When a pastor or someone higher within a church gives an opinion such as what this cardinal gave, they have just become another in the long list of ministers whose credibility in all matters has been discounted. If someone takes a stand that is so blatantly  wrongheaded, how can I trust anything they might say about something eternal?

Stupid metastasizes.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
To be fair, there are plenty of leftist protestant leaders of churches that also don't understand the second amendment
View Quote

"A cardinal should know better!" - Fangorn
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Dear "Cardinal" The reason many of the branches of my family tree moved to this place over the last 400 years was because of [COC Violation] like you. Go [COC Ciolation] yourself with your hat and that stick you cary.

Signed
- A protestant
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Dear "Cardinal" The reason many of the branches of my family tree moved to this place over the last 400 years was because of [COC Violation] like you. Go [COC Ciolation] yourself with your hat and that stick you cary.

Signed
- A protestant
View Quote

What country/countries did they leave?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry Cardinal, that's gonna be a no from me, dawg.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Child molesters preaching about right & wrong...
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Since, as a good Christian I would never consider murdering anyone, no.
I will make a deal, I will strongly consider it when the Pope gives up his Swiss Guard.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm not remotely interested in going back to the world that made the English establish colonies here. Nope. Not one bit interested.
View Quote

We're in it right now, and more or less will be until God returns to clean things up.

Go to the source of all that goes on in this world and you will see a continuing spiritual battle.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@TheLASwamp

Quoting this again because it is well said and glossed over too much.  I am frustrated daily how "we" allow the 2nd amendment to be framed into this self-defense (of the home or car or some other small defined condition) argument.  The 2nd is soooo much more than that and it needs to be part of the argument.
View Quote
The only way the democrat-communists can find a way around the 2A, at least that I can think of, is for the government to declare some flavor of national emergency/martial law and use that to confiscate everything. Like what New Orleans did after Katrina. The democrats sure seem interested in dividing people up and making them angry enough to start fighting each other. I wonder why that is. One thing we do know about them is that they never do anything without first knowing it's going to provide a direct benefit to their quest for absolute power. I could see things getting so bad that the government declares it is suspending the Constitution until further notice. For our safety, naturally. There is no way the democrats don't use that to justify full confiscation. They have gone as far as they can go with their agenda until after the population is disarmed, by any means necessary. That may be how they finally find their end-run around the 2A.

The democrats love to force everyone to pick a side. This will be no different. If you're with them, you will surrender your guns and whatever rights you have left. Get on your knees and kiss the ring. If you're not with them, you will be labeled a domestic terrorist, an enemy of The Party, and a threat to the regime.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Sorry cardinal dude, I need them to protect my kids against you and your ilk.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Tobin is a known leftist.

He'll whistle a different tune once he's no longer useful and the left declares Cardinal hunting season is open.

Quick question: how many people in this thread talking about CSA send their kids to public school?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He'll whistle a different tune once he's no longer useful and the left declares Cardinal hunting season is open.

Quick question: how many people in this thread talking about CSA send their kids to public school?
View Quote

Homeschool here
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife and I sent our kids to parochial schools, k-12. Our grand kids go to parochial school as well, and plan to go to one of the local Catholic high schools.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The democrats love to force everyone to pick a side. This will be no different. If you're with them, you will surrender your guns and whatever rights you have left. Get on your knees and kiss the ring. If you're not with them, you will be labeled a domestic terrorist, an enemy of The Party, and a threat to the regime.
View Quote

Lemme guess...they're going to send around social workers to do the confiscating.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Lemme guess...they're going to send around social workers to do the confiscating.
View Quote
If they play their cards right, they will be able to somehow force people to turn them in themselves. There will be no need to social workers or anyone else.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Didn't have to point guns at anyone to get them to take a useless vaccine...
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Trad Caths

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#37]
My Priest was a Chaplan's Assistant during the GWOT and later went to Seminary after he got out. He is big on being armed and laughs at the Cardinal.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's all about pressure points. Everyone has at least one. Most people have several.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Trad Caths

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
View Quote

Bellum est, Deus vult
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#41]
LCMS had some kerfuffel recently about inclusion of a position paper saying 2a is unbiblical.  I see a lot in church leadership a lack of understanding regarding American civics.  There is no Caesar in the USA.  No earthly king.  The government exists only by authorization of the people, only derives powers they grant it, and receives no just power the people do not have themselves.  Nor is it permitted to lord over them and deny them rights to be who they are, preserve their lives through labor, guard and defend their lives and property particularly where no magistrate can return to them anything lost by violence (protect themselves from serious injury or death and other heinous crimes (like kidnapping or arson as examples).

All too often they seem to imagine we still live under a medieval of king or empire of nobles.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Listen to the people that installed a communist as Pope.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The Jesuit priest that trained my dads group during the 1956 Hungarian revolution was a Waffen SS guy who went into the seminary after the war.

Trained my father and his group on the DP28, PPSH41, Mosin, Mauser, grenades, PPSH43, and various other platforms.

My current residing priest at my church in Salem, Oregon is a former combat medic, fireman, and then went into the army chaplain and then the seminary.

He actually carries a gun and a knife (g19 and Benchmade AFO). Great guy and he says to ignore these people.

View Quote

Have you ever heard of MoH recipient Servant of God Fr Capadanno?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Fr Vincent Capodanno
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top