Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2021 6:56:46 PM EDT
Today I noticed that Firecracker, the barncat turned housecat is losing fur around the left shoulder.  Before she goes to the vet, any ideas or suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll guess thyroid.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Abscess/infection? Is it a spot the cat can lick?  Is there a lump there on the skin?

One of my cats can overly groom himself to the point where he strips the fur off his hind legs.

ETA: pic - you can see the bald spots on the front of his hind legs.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Balding spot  is by the left front shoulder/leg.  Appt on Monday w/vet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Took 45 min to catch the cat and stuff her into the carrier.  It went in back first.

Vet see what's the cause of the fur loss.  Not scratching, not itching, no bugs and no redness.  Wait a month before blood test.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:42:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Our cat started to lose fur on his belly... we realized it was from his fat ass laying on floor and window sills all day. The hard surface was rubbing the fur smooth. Now that we have no window sills and carpet his belly is no longer balding. The cat is still really fat - we caught him finishing an entire bowl of dry dog food last night. The dog was confused.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our cat started to lose fur on his belly... we realized it was from his fat ass laying on floor and window sills all day. The hard surface was rubbing the fur smooth. Now that we have no window sills and carpet his belly is no longer balding. The cat is still really fat - we caught him finishing an entire bowl of dry dog food last night. The dog was confused.
View Quote

Greedy lit'l bastage.    I caught my dog dipping into the catfood.  No wonder her stool was super moist, she had trouble going #2 and her pharts rose to the heavens!  Cat food is on a table now and the dog has normal stool and doesn't fart anymore.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top