Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 2/25/2021 12:42:37 PM EDT
Did we do this one yet?

"It’s a false narrative that he issued no verbal commands or warnings,” the officer's lawyer, Mark Schamel, told Real Clear Investigations. "He was screaming, ‘Stay back! Stay back! Don’t come in here!’”

He added that his client's commands could not be seen on video as he was donning a face mask at the time.
View Quote

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lawyer-capitol-police-officer-shot-ashli-babbitt-false-narrative-didnt-issue-warning
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
So we can hear what everyone is saying on the multiple videos that day, but for some magic reason we can't hear that shooter screaming at the top of his lungs for the Ashli lady to stand back?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
“At this point, what difference does it make?”

They’re never going to charge him. He’ll get an award from Biden soon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel like that is something we would hear in the video of him shooting her...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“At this point, what difference does it make?”

They’re never going to charge him. He’ll get an award from Biden soon.
View Quote

I don't believe he was afraid for even a second. He acted simply to secure his future with the new regime. Nothing more than a calculated act of murder. I wouldn't be surprised if he was instructed ahead of time to do it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
maybe the armed guy(police) right behind her could verify?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The last Babbitt thread got locked.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#7]
BS. How does one give commands, aim a gun and put on a mask at the same time?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I can only hope that he as the opportunity to prove it in court.  I don’t know that the District of Columbia has a shot on sight for trespassing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]
We still don't know his name though!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So we can hear what everyone is saying on the multiple videos that day, but for some magic reason we can't hear that shooter screaming at the top of his lungs for the Ashli lady to stand back?
View Quote

Seinfeld: The Low Talker (Clip) | TBS
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#11]
A verbal warning doesn't make a bad shot a good one.

A lack of a verbal warning doesn't make a good shot a bad one.

The act stands on its own.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do the Feds have a Castle doctrine???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can only hope that he as the opportunity to prove it in court.  I don’t know that the District of Columbia has a shot on sight for trespassing.

I guess they do.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's called "Show up to DC supporting Trump and we'll shoot you."
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A verbal warning doesn't make a bad shot a good one.

A lack of a verbal warning doesn't make a good shot a bad one.

The act stands on its own.
View Quote

However saying you did something if you didnt... that would say a lot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Coc#1
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't believe he was afraid for even a second. He acted simply to secure his future with the new regime. Nothing more than a calculated act of murder. I wouldn't be surprised if he was instructed ahead of time to do it.
View Quote

He stepped closer to get a better shot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We really have no way of knowing whether he did or didn't.  To speculate one way or the other is foolish.
View Quote

You're going to tell me there isnt a camera on that door?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey look the stupidest shit I have read on the entire net today, but the day is early.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I’m actually impressed he didn’t shoot one of his guys first.

His name will be outted soon. Until then we have his face.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I still wonder if behind that door was VPOTUS, the Speaker etc...
Then again if VPOTUS was nearby, it would have been the USSS around him, not Capitol cops.

Maybe Queen Nancy was sequestered somewhere behind that door and she straight up gave the order "anybody comes through there and you shoot them".
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#25]
The real story:  an unarmed female veteran was shot.  These facts stand on their own.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hey look the stupidest shit I have read on the entire net today, but the day is early.
View Quote

If I am wrong why did he only fire one shot?  Lots of people on the other side of that door. If I was in fear for my life from an angry mob I would have run my gun to slide lock. Yet he steps up takes one shot and basically disappeared we can't even get his name.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#28]
People inside the room were scared and they saw this as the last line of defense from the mob. Nobody is going prosecute him for shooting somebody who smashed through a barricade to come through, armed or not.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Then again if VPOTUS was nearby, it would have been the USSS around him, not Capitol cops.

Maybe Queen Nancy was sequestered somewhere behind that door and she straight up gave the order "anybody comes through there and you shoot them".
View Quote

The Vice President was on the Senate side. This occurred on the House side.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#31]
when does this thread get locked?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

And we never will
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I actually don't doubt those were his orders.  Alamo situation in a lockdown with hostiles beyond that door.  Speculation on my part, but I could easily see it.  Back to my question about Castle doctrine.
View Quote

So you’re saying you would most likely have found reason to shoot the Mexican/Trumpist?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a shame that it's not their castle tho.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was scared shitless.  You can see it in the way his pistol is shaking in that one video.  Dude was terrified.  Doesn't make it justified.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
when does this thread get locked?
View Quote

Soon I'm guessing.  Its going about as well as previous ones, with the same players
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I actually don't doubt those were his orders.  Alamo situation in a lockdown with hostiles beyond that door.  Speculation on my part, but I could easily see it.  Back to my question about Castle doctrine.
View Quote

Police don’t have a duty to retreat. You know that. And orders don’t take precedence over the law or even written policy. You know that too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#40]
In before 1,4,7.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm saying I wasn't there, you were not there and we have no idea what his particular orders were at this point.
View Quote

It’s a good thing then that we have oodles of case law that confirm the standard for a use of force is objective rather than subjective reasonableness.

And that orders can’t replace laws.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Case law may well consider it as such beyond that point.  An example, a mob floods in to loot stop and shop.  Staff flees into a back office not open to the public.  Mob tries to breach the door and the manager fires to protect his employees from the perceived threat.  It is very likely in most castle doctrine states that he could claim this and it would hold up.
View Quote

Unless the back office also has a back door, that’s not even close to a castle doctrine case.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

The window she was entering went into a hallway. It wasn't an office and there weren't any VIP's nearby.  There were multiple other parties in the hallway watching and none of them appeared to be alarmed or fearful about the situation.  The shooter approached quickly from the side and may not have even been visible to Ashli before the shot.  This is all on video and having watched it several times I do not hear any commands from the shooter (doesn't mean he didn't give any).  

I'm still perplexed by the series or events.  There are cops in tac gear directly behind Ashli when she is shot who just stand there unconcerned about the whole thing.  It's hard to see but no one appears to make any contact with the shooter after that point (at least on camera) or try to figure out what's going on.  They don't appear to give two fucks about the unarmed woman bleeding out at their feet
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Is racializing a word?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
In before 1,4,7.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

See Castle doctrine discussion.
View Quote

Castle doctrine removes the duty to retreat. It does not grant ANY additional authority to use force. Also, law enforcement doesn’t have a duty to retreat. These are all distractions.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Nevermind. That piece of shit isn't worth it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He was scared shitless.  You can see it in the way his pistol is shaking in that one video.  Dude was terrified.  Doesn't make it justified.
View Quote

No, adrenaline dump from his decision to mirder someone.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top