Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2023 7:17:58 PM EDT
Just a thought, but i figured arfcom had the biggest dog owner to nightvision user crossover for a half cooked theory?!?
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a damn good question. I'm curious as well.
My dog sees with his nose, even when it's pitch dark out.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
No, Dogs have more rod cells in their eyes, which allows them to be more sensitive at low light conditions, but their eyes cannot sense light at IR wavelengths just like ours can't.  They can see a little bit into the UV spectrum though, but that doesn't really help in this case.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks for the sciences!
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Tagged
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve read conflicting reports about cats chasing IR lasers.

My dog seems to think it’s weird when I’m watching her in the yard at night
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PyrPaw:
That's a damn good question. I'm curious as well.
My dog sees with his nose, even when it's pitch dark out.
View Quote
This.

A dog's most potent and used sense is their nose.  

Many dogs are blind and their owners don't know because they interact with the world with their noses first.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Sure… if their tubes are gen2 or echo or aren’t filmless.  But the hard part is getting the dog’s NVG helmet to securely stay on thier head, especially dogs with pointed or cropped ears.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top