Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2024 1:30:55 AM EDT
I shave them off my hands using a razor very carefully.  I had reconstruction on my right hand and so it works a bit different.  I get calluses on the first knuckle instead of the palm.  Makes pulling very painful.

My hands are like leather since I don't use gloves or straps.  Any tips?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I get them on my palms. Sally Hansen cuticle remover has worked well for me. Easy and not harsh.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Dremel/sander
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#3]
They make scrubbers for feet while showering.  They work just as good for hands.  Just sand them down at the end of a hot shower.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I will try your tips. I used a pair of dykes yesterday lol.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I now like the drywall sanding sponges from the Homey Lowes.  Works good on dead skin on the tootsies.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#6]
First off, if you use chalk, wash it immediately after your training session.

Got to Walgreen’s or the like, and buy a pumice stone, a callus shaver (looks like a rasp), and a tin of Bag Balm

Use the pumice stone after a shower. When the skin is dry, use the callus shaver to clean up any dead skin that’s left. Lather your hands in Bag Balm before bed.

Never tore a callus using this method
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Cooper1:
I shave them off my hands using a razor very carefully.  I had reconstruction on my right hand and so it works a bit different.  I get calluses on the first knuckle instead of the palm.  Makes pulling very painful.

My hands are like leather since I don't use gloves or straps.  Any tips?
View Quote

That's pretty fucking hardcore dude......

All things hand care, here you go.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:03:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I also have a problem with callouses. They are the ones you get where the fingers attach to the hand. I've been doing dead hangs and sometimes it feels like the skin will rip off. I could probably hang longer if it weren't for callous pain.

But that happens for a reason, and I'm wondering if filing them down and smoothing them out will increase the chance of skin tearing.

There is foam on the bar I hang from and I put the cork tape you wrap bicycle handlebars with on my dumbbells. That's a game changer with the dumbbells. I wonder if taking the foam off the bar and putting cork tape on it would help.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Pumice Stone for the win.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gitarmac:
I also have a problem with callouses. They are the ones you get where the fingers attach to the hand. I've been doing dead hangs and sometimes it feels like the skin will rip off. I could probably hang longer if it weren't for callous pain.

But that happens for a reason, and I'm wondering if filing them down and smoothing them out will increase the chance of skin tearing.

There is foam on the bar I hang from and I put the cork tape you wrap bicycle handlebars with on my dumbbells. That's a game changer with the dumbbells. I wonder if taking the foam off the bar and putting cork tape on it would help.
View Quote

Guys that have the same callus problem with deadlifts are gripping the bar to high, folding the skin at the first knuckle causing the callus.  Grip it more into the fingers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top