Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2021 7:00:49 PM EDT
Caught this guys(Dan Gryder)  Youtube channel.  He has a series of videos coming up that are calling out the NTSB in regards to some previous crash investigation results/causes.   Here is the teaser video basically announcing the upcoming videos and discussing briefly all of them.   Some interesting observations.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:51:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that the guy that tried to run from the cops in a DC3?

ETA:  Yeah, it's him.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#2]
His videos suck.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, I wonder what they were citing him for originally.  Must be pretty disgruntled
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone has heard my feelings on the NTSB to their exhaustion.

However, in fairness, once you understand the NTSB is a political entity, it makes their actions much more logical.

At some point there has be a good enough regulatory or fact finding backstop. Both they and the FAA are that. Not outstanding, and both are quite demonstrably susceptible to regulatory capture despite their protestations to the contrary. Oddly enough, that capture seems much more prevalent at the higher levels than the working levels.

That said, the NTSB will happily present a "good enough" finding in the absence of the clear cut cause, and if it can have a crew nexus even better. One only has to look at the considerable time and effort that ALPA alone puts into independent accident investigation capability as a silent referendum on full faith in the NTSB. Politically, the NTSB wants to create public faith in the air transport system, not necessarily create an objectively safer system.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]
deleted.  I'll follow the "if you can't say anything nice..." rule on this one.

Good luck, Dan.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the same Dan Gryder who, in the days following the 909 B-17 crash, posted his own personal "crash investigation" in which he declared that the only way the '17 could have lost two engines on the same side at the same side was mis-fueling or bad fuel.

Yeah....this is the dude that I want critiquing the NTSB's processes and findings.
View Quote

Well, blind pigs can find nuts occasionally.

I would say that a dual engine failure most likely, all things being equal, initial probable cause would be bad fuel, and not egregiously bad piloting.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, blind pigs can find nuts occasionally.

I would say that a dual engine failure most likely, all things being equal, initial probable cause would be bad fuel, and not egregiously bad piloting.
View Quote

Or, he could have just refrained and waited for, you know, the investigators to investigate.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Or, he could have just refrained and waited for, you know, the investigators to investigate.
View Quote

Honestly, that's the problem. Obviously our Union doesn't trust the "investigators to investigate" and come up with an unvarnished version of events. Its sends its own observers.

The guy has his right to opine on all sorts of stuff, just as we do here. In a Part 91 accident that potentially has significant ramifications, there are relatively few limitations on OEM and government groupthink, to be generous.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top