Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my p-01. I haven’t shot it in a long time though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is a good OWB holster for it?  Ideally I want a Safariland ALS paddle holster but it doesn't appear they make holsters for CZ.
View Quote

If you like leather holsters, check out this guy on etsy, his company is civdiv designs. He made that one that's in the pics i Posted above, $60 and they are very good, hand made holsters. He keeps a lot ready made and ships them out fast.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you like leather holsters, check out this guy on etsy, his company is civdiv designs. He made that one that's in the pics i Posted above, $60 and they are very good, hand made holsters. He keeps a lot ready made and ships them out fast.
View Quote

Thanks.  I have never used etsy.  Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is a much better sponsored video and product than the Taurus .357 abomination.
View Quote

It was nice to see Buffman LT1 as well in that other video.

Anything beats the overweight guy that was banned for being a triggered SJW though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right here

Etsy is a makers commerce sight, mostly house wifes selling shit, but there plenty of other cool stuff on there.

Eta: ordered my holster on a Saturday afternoon, the guy emailed me right away, the holster was at my house on Tuesday. He's in VA i believe, I'm in GA.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Right here

Etsy is a makers commerce sight, mostly house wifes selling shit, but there plenty of other cool stuff on there.
View Quote

Very cool.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right here

yessir
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
My favorite compact

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Sadly I came to CZs after those had just run out and missed out.  The only alloy frame gun I'd ever buy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#10]
My compacts and P-01s don't feel as nice in the hand as my P-07, SP-01, or full sized CZ-75s, but I shoot them better. Tremendous handguns.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

With CGW pro package = perfection.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Sending mine to cgw soon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It was nice to see Buffman LT1 as well in that other video.

Anything beats the overweight guy that was banned for being a triggered SJW though.
View Quote

Which sjw got banned? There are so many here now it's hard to keep up.
On topic, I have many CZ pistols and couldn't tell you which was my favorite, they're all an example of perfection in their own right. One of the ones I was findling over the weekend was a stainless P01 that I never shot because it's supposedly kind of rare. What is the all-steel version of the P01 called? Do they make one?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have one from 2014. It's far from perfect.
View Quote

I have an even newer one, still not perfect. I actually think the trigger is pretty bad. Cajun wants another $200 to make it better..
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

On topic, I have many CZ pistols and couldn't tell you which was my favorite, they're all an example of perfection in their own right. One of the ones I was findling over the weekend was a stainless P01 that I never shot because it's supposedly kind of rare. What is the all-steel version of the P01 called? Do they make one?
View Quote

Pretty sure his name was bluefalcon, which I find ironic.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:10:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I can't believe that as many different guns as I've owned over the years, somehow I have yet to have a CZ of any type in my inventory. I guess I may just have to eventually buy one online, as I just never see them in my local shops. Nor do I see them turn up locally in private sales.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Simpler is better, and I hate the rail.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:17:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Andrew, the guy who did all the ARFCOM gel testing...was banned? Guess I must have missed the event that triggered this. Admittedly, I knew him more from those gel testing videos than I did from his posts here on the forum, but he always seemed like sort of an okay guy in the videos. Anyone know what exactly happened?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:21:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Andrew, the guy who did all the ARFCOM gel testing...was banned? Guess I must have missed the event that triggered this. Admittedly, I knew him more from those gel testing videos than I did from his posts here on the forum, but he always seemed like sort of an okay guy in the videos. Anyone know what exactly happened?
View Quote

If I remember right from the pit thread he called us all a bunch of racists and accused the site of condoning racism.

If you search I'm sure a thread is still open.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is a good OWB holster for it?  Ideally I want a Safariland ALS paddle holster but it doesn't appear they make holsters for CZ.
View Quote

Wanted something like that too, settled on a Ktmech Akela for OWB at the range. Gets carried everyday in a JM custom kydex AIWB tho.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:39:07 AM EDT
[#21]
The Cajun parts really are worth it

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Looking on CGW's site, they want almost another $500 to work their magic.  I think I paid $550 for the pistol.  It's hard to justify spending that much on my P-01 when it is already a nice gun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I really need to redo this old pic, Ive sbr’d the vz61 and picked up a CZ Custom SDP, bringing my P-01 count up to 3.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#24]
P 01 was the first pistol I bought back in '11.

Finding something I like better that doesn't fill a very specific niche has of yet been unaccomplished.

It's an awesome gun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#25]
I have one and meh, I would take one of my Glocks over it any day. I really should sell it but I have had it for around 10 years at this point. Lots of complex parts and the painted on finish just seems cheap. All the internal tooling marks leave a lot to be desired also.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Big CZ fan here but...

Not cocked and locked capable = Not perfection.
View Quote

That’s why I bought the omega version. Although I’m still on the lookout for the somewhat rare version of the p-01 with steel frame and non decocker and non omega fire control group.   Basically a sp-01 compact.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Eastern Euro trash with a good PR campaign.
View Quote

That has excellent accuracy & reliability, far more than most other guns.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#28]
This thread reminds me that I need to shoot my unfired  P01 I bought when the WuFlu started
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, Oh yeah, I remember him. I'm gonna have to take some CZs to the range soon. They might close for a bit since the 'Rona is kicking it again.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#30]
CZ makes the best.

And yes, my user name checks out
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That’s why I bought the omega version. Although I’m still on the lookout for the somewhat rare version of the p-01 with steel frame and non decocker and non omega fire control group.   Basically a sp-01 compact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big CZ fan here but...

Not cocked and locked capable = Not perfection.

I've got the one like 74novaman up a few posts. The stainless one. It's all steel and has a safety. I don't know if it's the non-Omega one though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#32]
I don’t like to look of the short slide height. I’ve never shot or even held one tbh.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don’t like to look of the short slide height. I’ve never shot or even held one tbh.
View Quote

Once you hold one, theres no going back

Except for the RAMI. Wasnt a fan.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#34]
I should buy a CZ P-01
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've got the one like 74novaman up a few posts. The stainless one. It's all steel and has a safety. I don't know if it's the non-Omega one though.
View Quote

That one is non omega.

The P-02 and Compact L are also all steel Pre omega P-01s with safeties.

If anyone ever wants to sell an oddball CZ IM me.  They’re kind of my thing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My CZ P-01 Steel Frame can be.

Edit: I can post pictures again, neat.

I believe the Omega series pistols can be converted to safety as well.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435479/20200629_123553-1482204.jpghttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435479/20200629_123611-1482205.jpg
View Quote

This is the one I really want.  My omega will have to do for now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#37]
After reading this thread I'm slightly wishing I'd went P01 as opposed to 75b compact but I'm still happy.

I doubt I'd use the rail as it is a carry piece but the safety on my compact is a little too easily manipulated for my liking so I carry hammer down.

That makes a decocker a bit more attractive although it's not a big deal.  When I settle on a holster for this thing I may change my mind on that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Attachment Attached File

SDP has become one of my favorites and i cant recommend it highly enough.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I like my SDP, /shrug.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/452515/20190608_135202-972892.jpg

I have a stock p-01 as well that's a fine pistol.
View Quote

Homemade amp?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I can't believe that as many different guns as I've owned over the years, somehow I have yet to have a CZ of any type in my inventory. I guess I may just have to eventually buy one online, as I just never see them in my local shops. Nor do I see them turn up locally in private sales.
View Quote

I don't know what part of the commonwealth you're in, but Knob Creek usually has several CZs to fondle. They were a bit pricey, though. I bought my P-01 last year for $500 from iAmmo.com(aka Net Ballistics in Crestwood, KY).
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looking on CGW's site, they want almost another $500 to work their magic.  I think I paid $550 for the pistol.  It's hard to justify spending that much on my P-01 when it is already a nice gun.
View Quote

Fwiw, I did it myself and spent $260. Short reset kit, hammer and disco, barrel bushing, and trigger return spring.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#42]
They're one of the best looking pistols IMO, 'cept for the slight slide overbite. How well do they carry with the beavertail and weight compared to say a G19? It's a pistol I've been putting off buying for 10+ years and now the prices shot up since they got popular . Been considering a DA/SA for AIWB carry.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Once you hold one, theres no going back

Except for the RAMI. Wasnt a fan.
View Quote

I've had other CZ pistols over the years, but never really give a thought about a 75 before, other than being turned off by the phillips head screws used to hold the grips on.

I was in the local shop a few weeks back picking up something else, when I spied a 75D compact in the case. I held it for all of 3 seconds before I decided I was walking out the door with it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 12:44:02 AM EDT
[#44]
My favorite pistol in my collection. I have regular 16 round CZ-75 mags with a plastic spacer/base that takes up the gap. Its 2 extra rounds when needed. The price went up on these. They were around $30 when I bought them from Greg Cotell's website.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They're one of the best looking pistols IMO, 'cept for the slight slide overbite. How well do they carry with the beavertail and weight compared to say a G19? It's a pistol I've been putting off buying for 10+ years and now the prices shot up since they got popular . Been considering a DA/SA for AIWB carry.
View Quote

Its very, very similar in size to a G19.  Just a touch heavier.

If you’ve got a significant muffin top, the hammer is going to rub your gut AIWB.  If you don’t its just as comfortable.  Own both, like both, have carried both AIWB.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fwiw, I did it myself and spent $260. Short reset kit, hammer and disco, barrel bushing, and trigger return spring.
View Quote

Oh, that's not too bad.  That's definitely an easier pill to swallow.  I'll have to add that to my list of things to do eventually.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If I remember right from the pit thread he called us all a bunch of racists and accused the site of condoning racism.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, that’s fucked!  He had good videos.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have the Custom Shop version, the SDP.  

Shoots like a dream.

To the poster that had the trigger change on him: something is wrong there. Triggers should NEVER change, certainly not into "mashed potato's".
View Quote

That’s my carry gun. I’ve been running a Shadow 2 in Carry Optics and immediately switching to a Glock 19 was really throwing me off. The final straw was after the White Settlement shooting I was thinking, “If I had to make that shot with my G19, would I be able to just present and do it after hammering out thousands of rounds on my USPSA gun?”

The answer was “probably not”. Went to the SDP and the ergos and trigger are similar enough it’s now a non-issue.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which is why you find them in competitive venues with the rest of the trash, right?
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Which is why you find them in competitive venues with the rest of the trash, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This comeback made my morning!????
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top