Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/28/2019 2:06:42 AM EDT
A reminder to you guys in states with areas designated for said activities, never give these people an inch. This is a very sad day for many of my friends, this place has been around for decades.

While the San Luis Obispo County Air Pollution Control District proposed earlier this year to fence off about a third of the 1,500 acres made available to OHVs in response to complaints of excessive dust and particulate matter blowing off the park’s dunes, the CCC report proposes to eliminate all OHV access to the park via a series of measures to address a number of issues.

Those measures include not only the above-mentioned fencing of 500 acres to promote vegetation growth but also the permanent closure of 300 acres currently closed seasonally to protect local snowy plover habitat, a ban on nighttime driving to protect nocturnal wildlife, a prohibition on crossing Arroyo Grande Creek when it connects to the ocean to protect fish populations, limits on the number of vehicles allowed in the park in proportion with the number of acres accessible to vehicles, and the elimination of holiday exceptions to limits on vehicular access to the park.
View Quote
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/06/25/california-coastal-commission-signals-its-intent-to-end-ohv-use-at-pismo-beach-entirely/
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:12:14 AM EDT
[#1]
You're shitting me. After all this time? Cocksuckers. The Mojave will be next.

Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:14:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn. I rode Pismo in the early 90s on a fairly healthy 250r quad and had a blast. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:15:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Been expecting this
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn. I rode Pismo in the early 90s on a fairly healthy 250r quad and had a blast. Fuckers.
View Quote
250r's are badass, a friend has been on the lookout for a clean 250r ATC for his collection.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:24:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A reminder to you guys in states with areas designated for said activities, never give these people an inch.
View Quote
Is CA still stealing OHV sticker money and using it to close down riding areas / dumping it into the general fund instead of using it to maintain and open new riding areas like they have in the past?
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:25:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Been expecting this
View Quote
I'm honestly surprised it's taken them this long.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:31:29 AM EDT
[#7]
The war on cars and motorsports in CA is every bit as intense as their war on guns.

They want NO motorized recreation whatsoever, on road, off road, on the track etc.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:32:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is CA still stealing OHV sticker money and using it to close down riding areas / dumping it into the general fund instead of using it to maintain and open new riding areas like they have in the past?
View Quote
I don't do a lot of OHV riding, but my personal experience has been that we've only lost space, not gained it. There is no way the state has money to open a single use park for what they would consider such a frivolous activity.

We had a lot of highway vehicle riding/driving in the National Forest by my hometown, but that has been encroached upon slowly over the years. My friend is big in the off-road community and sat down with the local forest supervisor to talk about what could be done. The supervisor was a very nice guy, and on our side, but he sounded incredibly worried for the future once the people who grew up in the car/bike culture were out of positions of authority.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:56:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:59:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I am surprised that CA hasn't banned four wheelers, dirt bikes, etc due to smog and noise pollution already.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:01:35 AM EDT
[#11]
When will they hit Glamis? I had fun there as a teen

ETA:
Quoted:
I am surprised that CA hasn't banned four wheelers, dirt bikes, etc due to smog and noise pollution already.
View Quote
Pretty sure 2-strokes are verboten, but that may just be specific areas.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:02:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Years ago, i talked about the war on Cars, and the boomers here bitched and said go find your own place to ride.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:03:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The 5 cities in that area will experience a major downturn of tourists, tourists with real dollars to spend while at the dunes.

Pismo, Grover Beach, Arroyo Grande, Oceano, & Shell Beach.

All because of some stupid bird which is “infested” in the area, not endangered.
View Quote
I'm sure the Coastal Commission can recommend some environmentally friendly, state approved fun instead.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:04:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ETA:

View Quote
Not yet, but if they are a red sticker rather than a green sticker, they are forbidden at certain times of the year.

ETA: all 2002 and older are green and select 2003 and newer can be either red or green depending on emissions.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:08:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Some of us need to venture into the black market and pick up a couple of nukes!  Then we will be in a position to negotiate with these assholes!

Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:13:34 AM EDT
[#16]
It was just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:19:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The war on cars and motorsports in CA is every bit as intense as their war on guns.

They want NO motorized recreation whatsoever, on road, off road, on the track etc.
View Quote
Sad, since California was the epicenter of so many different genres of OHV recreation, historically speaking
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:22:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:30:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm sure the Coastal Commission can recommend some environmentally friendly, state approved fun instead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 5 cities in that area will experience a major downturn of tourists, tourists with real dollars to spend while at the dunes.

Pismo, Grover Beach, Arroyo Grande, Oceano, & Shell Beach.

All because of some stupid bird which is “infested” in the area, not endangered.
I'm sure if you asked them the'd suggest instead of operating an OHV in the dunes, you could take up bird watching, or yoga in the woods, the'd probably suggest you get a library card and read a good book about Ghandi, or take a course at the local community college, they have plenty of fulfilling courses like avoiding confrontation in a casual setting or learning to sit down to pee.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 3:47:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ETA:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETA:
Quoted:
Isn't California the reason Motocross went all 4-stroke?
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 4:24:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I guess you'll just have to buy a guitar to play as you sit around your solar powered tv with a bonfire loop and sing Kum Bye Ya and smoke your favorite herb. Gotta love ya some CA!
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#24]
California has TV commercials here in PA begging for people to come and spent tourist dollars.

Not a chance in hell.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't do a lot of OHV riding, but my personal experience has been that we've only lost space, not gained it. There is no way the state has money to open a single use park for what they would consider such a frivolous activity.

We had a lot of highway vehicle riding/driving in the National Forest by my hometown, but that has been encroached upon slowly over the years. My friend is big in the off-road community and sat down with the local forest supervisor to talk about what could be done. The supervisor was a very nice guy, and on our side, but he sounded incredibly worried for the future once the people who grew up in the car/bike culture were out of positions of authority.
View Quote
Anyone who thinks they can save California needs to get their head examined.

California has struck the iceberg and is 30 decks below water.

Stay if you want, we'll remember you as a warning to other states. Which won't be far behind anyway.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gay parades and child sex parties.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#28]
what the fuck is the ..... San Luis Obispo County Air Pollution Control District

geez I can't even begin to imagine how many levels of government you have in that state ... crazy, fucking crazy
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Some of us need to venture into the black market and pick up a couple of nukes!  Then we will be in a position to negotiate with these assholes!

View Quote
You know...I like the way you think
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pretty much.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Pretty much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much.
Just like the doj cocksuckers use the background check funds to perform their no knock raids on prohibited persons.  You know, people who smoked a joint 40 yesrs ago and decided to buy that 12 gauge to shoot a few birds.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm honestly surprised it's taken them this long.
View Quote
Same.

Seemed like low hanging fruit to the enviro-fucktards.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#33]
I learned how to drive there. In a jeep no less.
Bastards
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
And they wonder why there's so much overgrowth causing this state to be a tinder box. It's all because they don't want dust.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#35]
The fucking "Plover habitat" excuse....Between the sea turtles and Plovers that had closed a lot of NC beaches from ORVs.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that's where the CA pricks got the idea from.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#36]
EVERYTHING straight white men like will be taken away in California.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The fucking "Plover habitat" excuse....Between the sea turtles and Plovers that had closed a lot of NC beaches from ORVs.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that's where the CA pricks got the idea from.
View Quote
The plovers have been an area of contention here for decades.

My dad was the maintenance director at the local UC school and he told me all the bullshit the professor in charge of that "study" tried to get away with. Moved in on the bluffs and it became her little sanctuary that the University had the privilege of paying for and maintaining.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Leftists hate fun.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#39]
What I need is a bro-drone that can roll coal as it flies over the heads of politicians and watermelons.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Californians getting the government they elected.  It won't get better without drastic changes.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#41]
I know that it is a bad thing to have to say, but, Would the last American to leave, PLEASE bring the Flag with them, to prevent it being (further ) desicrated by our enemies?
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#42]
CRAZY Pismo beach dunes dunas toys sand 2020 Glamis Dumont Baja 1000 ready
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Damn my buddies I used to go there when it got too hot in Glamis.  Still have my quadzilla
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Nothing like killing off any remaining reasons to maybe travel into california.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#45]
I'd show her my snowy plover.

After using my belt sander on the stupid ink.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Living in the land of road salt and rust, seeing those high dollar campers being run through saltwater like that makes my asshole clench....
Fuck salt.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Mother effers. I've been watching this shit for years with Glamis and Gordons dunes. Attended many meetings with the BLM etc. There is a LOT of money behind these organizations trying to get everything shut down. Just like guns.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mother effers. I've been watching this shit for years with Glamis and Gordons dunes. Attended many meetings with the BLM etc. There is a LOT of money behind these organizations trying to get everything shut down. Just like guns.
View Quote
My understanding is that the 12 coastal commission voters are appointed by the governor, Senate rules committee, and speaker of the assembly.

In other words, they didn't even need lobbying organizations with money to do this. Once other commissions exist to protect every type of land in CA, I can only see things getting worse. I have one foot out the door at the moment, applying for positions elsewhere as we speak.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#49]
The left loves civil disobedience, it’s time the right started to embrace it too.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
what the fuck is the ..... San Luis Obispo County Air Pollution Control District

geez I can't even begin to imagine how many levels of government you have in that state ... crazy, fucking crazy
View Quote
What is really pathetic is watching two (or more) of them fight one another over the same issue.

One of my clients had the coastal comission, the city building department, the utility provider and a neighbor's lawyer all fighting over where their utilities had to enter their newly built beach house.

Cost them over $100k, resulted in delaying their move in over 4 months and work had to be done and redone several times. And there is still an ongoing lawsuit from it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top