Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2018 7:11:06 PM EDT
1985 Blazer. Last owner unknown. A cop friend ran the VIN and there were no issues.
How can I title it? I am in Louisiana.
We do not allow title bonds but Mississippi does, if it matters. I have a friend in Mississippi that could get a title and then sell it to me but I'd rather do it in state.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Find out the mechanic lien laws in your state.  I used to do this all the time.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to DMV and ask. They will check for previous owner. Or a b acquaintance in the towing industry might be able to help.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]
To follow up: In Louisiana, if it's over 25 yrs old and not titled, all you need is a bill of sale and an inspection.
 I will have my wife come with me to the notary and do a bill of sale to me.
Jumping through .gov hoops never makes any sense....
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Good info to know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Just about every state has a way to title a vehicle that has no title available.

Some require a bond to be posted, and different levels of proof of ownership.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top