Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2021 11:19:23 AM EDT
Good morning all.  I have a question and just curious others thoughts.

If a buyer purchases a rifle from a seller on here and the seller mails the rifle out and insures the rifle for purchased amount and the rifle is lost who is responsible for filing a claim and taking care of things for both the buyer and seller?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Seller/shipper has to file the claim because they are the one who purchased the shipping service.

If this was an EE deal gone bad start an EE thread as well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Nearly every common carrier requires the claim to come from the shipper (seller) for lost/damaged items, that person will be reimbursed, and they are responsible to make it right with the buyer.

In some cases the buyer may purchase the shipping service and in that case it would fall on the buyer to file the claim.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Seller.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nearly every common carrier requires the claim to come from the shipper (seller) for lost/damaged items, that person will be reimbursed, and they are responsible to make it right with the buyer.

In some cases the buyer may purchase the shipping service and in that case it would fall on the buyer to file the claim.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

UPS
FedEx
USPS
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Only because you specifically stated the firearm was purchased here on the EE I would think the responsibility would lie with the seller.
I believe the EE rules state they are the one responsible to ensure delivery of items sold on the EE.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
It is on the seller to make sure it gets to buyer. If lost in transit seller files claim.

If showing delivered then not sellers problem
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Seller owns the item until it is received and accepted by buyer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It is on the seller to make sure it gets to buyer. If lost in transit seller files claim.

If showing delivered then not sellers problem
View Quote

The portions in bold don't necessarily jibe.
A seller could send with "Delivery confirmation"........and the carrier merely leaves it in the mailbox or front porch. That doesn't mean the buyer actually received the item.

"if lost in transit"........either seller or buyer can file a claim. If I was the buyer, I'm telling the seller to refund my purchase and he can deal with the claim.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The portions in bold don't necessarily jibe.
A seller could send with "Delivery confirmation"........and the carrier merely leaves it in the mailbox or front porch. That doesn't mean the buyer actually received the item.

"if lost in transit"........either seller or buyer can file a claim. If I was the buyer, I'm telling the seller to refund my purchase and he can deal with the claim.
View Quote

I could have worded better. I have seen this play out in the ee section several times

If lost in transit it is on the seller

If shows delivered it is the buyers problem

@tigwelder1973 knows his stuff if he wants to come in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top