Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2020 6:26:37 PM EDT
Anyone care to share some best-practices that you are implementing to protect your business and employees during this pandemic?

An industry trade group that I'm in had a few that we've implemented:

At-risk employees (>60 years old, immunocompromised) to stay home with 2 weeks paid leave
Field personnel to work from home.  Supplies from office/warehouse can be picked up outside of office or delivered to jobsite
Office staff to be split up when possible: if 2 customer service reps, one works from home until further notice
Order up more raw materials and supplies - keep more stock on hand than normal
Key personnel to be separated as much as possible: work from home, different office
Designate 1 person as Pandemic Coordinator
Absolutely no visitors without prior appointment
Wipe down all common surfaces (kitchen area, door handles, desks, etc.) daily with disinfectant wipes

The goal is to protect our employees from getting sick (especially the at-risk group) and to minimize the financial impact to the business.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone care to share some best-practices that you are implementing to protect your business and employees during this pandemic?

An industry trade group that I'm in had a few that we've implemented:

At-risk employees (>60 years old, immunocompromised) to stay home with 2 weeks paid leave
Field personnel to work from home.  Supplies from office/warehouse can be picked up outside of office or delivered to jobsite
Office staff to be split up when possible: if 2 customer service reps, one works from home until further notice
Order up more raw materials and supplies - keep more stock on hand than normal
Key personnel to be separated as much as possible: work from home, different office
Designate 1 person as Pandemic Coordinator [color=#ff0000]this is a horrible idea.  what if the PC gets hit by a bus?.. should be multiple people that make group decisions  (like a board)   [/color]
Absolutely no visitors without prior appointment
Wipe down all common surfaces every hour (kitchen area, door handles, desks, etc.) with disinfectant wipes

The goal is to protect our employees from getting sick (especially the at-risk group) and to minimize the financial impact to the business.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Business as usual. We work in BFE. Probably safer at work than at home. I may be proven wrong but I believe unless you are old or have prexisting conditions this beer aids is a nothing burger.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Agree - I think this will all turn out to be less fatal than the normal flu.  Still, need to prepare for the worst, so we don't get blindsided.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Agree - I think this will all turn out to be less fatal than the normal flu.  Still, need to prepare for the worst, so we don't get blindsided.
View Quote

I can weather a few months with very little to zero cashflow but if this crap lingers for 6-18 months I have no idea what we'll do.
For now we have plenty of work but I have a feeling that new work is going to be hard to come by in a month or two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top