[#2]
That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Machine washable?
View Quote

Yes, the inserts are removable. You can also order different colored hoodies to use with the armor inserts.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I see why he needs a bulletproof hoodie. Looks like he already took a round to the earlobe.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The man bun would be a bullseye for being targeted.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
That man bun screams d-bag.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
This is more my style.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Too hot to use in my AO.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]
someone has to be in reebok with high white socks, jorts pulled up their asscrack, and have a grunt style shirt to meet gd standards
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#12]
They also sell polos and t shirts with armor panels IIRC
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#13]
You could just wear Kevlar under a hoodie
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#14]
only pistol rated. Will use large caliber weapons.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Do they have a blm edition?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
someone has to be in reebok with high white socks, jorts pulled up their asscrack, and have a grunt style shirt to meet gd standards
View Quote

I am a crusty old guy. If I need bulletproof I put on a vest. Not some hoodie that leaves the plates dangling loose away from the parts that need protection
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#17]
What does this do that a concealable vest under a hoodie won;t do? am i missing something?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Matt from Demolition Ranch tested one out.

Does a Bullet Proof Hoodie Actually Work???

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What does this do that a concealable vest under a hoodie won;t do? am i missing something?
View Quote

You can take the hoodie off without revealing that you are wearing armor.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Wouldn't it sag from the weight...like you have too much shit in your pockets? Why not wear a vest under the hoodie? Also feel like it would swing back and forth a lot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Laughs in 5.56
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Matt from Demolition Ranch tested one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJXRYdF0mac

View Quote

Yep.  And they don’t look natural at all.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd consider them for my kids for school.  Pretty sure the school woudl look down on regular body armor.

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You can take the hoodie off without revealing that you are wearing armor.
View Quote

I guess as long as no one notices that you just took off a 9 lb hoodie lol. could see some limited use for that i suppose.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm thinking the same.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wouldn't it sag from the weight...like you have too much shit in your pockets? Why not wear a vest under the hoodie? Also feel like it would swing back and forth a lot.
View Quote

Yes, you can tell the hoodie looks off. (at least to me it looks off)

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Would like to know the center line coverage gap at the zipper.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I have the sleeveless vest.  I got the heavy duty IIIa version which stops all pistol rounds.  I don't wear it often, as it is not particularly comfortable, but if things get sporty in my area, I will be wearing it every day.  Zipped up in front, it chokes me when in the car.  When standing, it's not bad at all.  But it certainly traps heat.  Probably not as bad as wearing a tight fitting vest underneath, but it is warm.  I think the regular II rated inserts would make a lot more sense for most people, and would be a lot lighter and more comfortable.  But I wanted all the protection I could get.

So why this instead of a hoodie over a strap on vest?  I think this would be a little cooler.  But more importantly, I can go into the office, take off my vest and hang it over a chair back, and raise no questions.  In fact, I have done exactly that many times.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Would like to know the center line coverage gap at the zipper.
View Quote

On my vest, there are two inches of overlap at the zipper.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#30]

No one is telling anything by a modeled pic by the vendor.  There's no way anyone won't notice soft armor inside of a hoodie during any type of movement, sitting down, etc
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
only pistol rated. Will use large caliber weapons.
View Quote

If you're expecting rifle fire -
a) Why are you there?  GTFO
b) If you must be there, why don't you have a full plate carrier with Level IV plates?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have the sleeveless vest.  I got the heavy duty IIIa version which stops all pistol rounds.  I don't wear it often, as it is not particularly comfortable, but if things get sporty in my area, I will be wearing it every day.  Zipped up in front, it chokes me when in the car.  When standing, it's not bad at all.  But it certainly traps heat.  Probably not as bad as wearing a tight fitting vest underneath, but it is warm.  I think the regular II rated inserts would make a lot more sense for most people, and would be a lot lighter and more comfortable.  But I wanted all the protection I could get.

So why this instead of a hoodie over a strap on vest?  I think this would be a little cooler.  But more importantly, I can go into the office, take off my vest and hang it over a chair back, and raise no questions.  In fact, I have done exactly that many times.
View Quote

So is it because the panels are too long?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No one is telling anything by a modeled pic by the vendor.  There's no way anyone won't notice soft armor inside of a hoodie during any type of movement, sitting down, etc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If they knew what to look for and were looking, that is undoubtedly true. But no one in my office has ever raised an eyebrow about my vest.

ETA:  To be fair, I sometimes wear a windbreaker or other coat over it, which is why I chose the vest.  I wanted to do layers to match the weather conditions. But even when I wore no outer coat, no one noticed my tacticalness.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#34]
My hoodies sag after use with nothing in them.  What holds the armor in place?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So is it because the panels are too long?
View Quote

Basically yes. When I am driving, the panels ride on my lower gut and sit up compared to a standing position.  If I unzip it about three quarters of the way down, then it opens up the neck area and is wearable.  But then I have to zip it up for full protection.

By the way, it has 2 zippers. The outer one is for the vest, the inner one is for the Kevlar inserts.

I like the longer panels. Covers my chest, abdomen, and my upper pelvis. It’s just not great when seated.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Laughs in 5.56
View Quote

Specifically xm-193 from 20". You know, just in case.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Nevermind...
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You could just wear Kevlar under a hoodie
View Quote

That is far to logical, and uses Way too much common sense though.  Besides if your armor could be worn under all sorts of clothing, it means you wouldn't need their hoodie.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I think an armor carrying compression shirt with IIIA panels would be a better option for concealability.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll just add that the kevlar inserts provide more protection than a lot of alternatives.  They go from shoulder to mid-pelvis, and wraps completely around.  They could still shoot through my arm from the side and get a kill shot, or in the head.  But that's about it.

I try to stay away from places where I might get shot.  My first plan of action is to Be Somewhere Else.  And I'm pretty much a home body anyway.  So I am fairly low risk.  But I still have to commute every day.  But as things have gone from concerning to alarming in recent months, I decided I wanted to cover up as much as I could.  And if you wait until you actually need it, then you waited too long.

This company was advertised here some months ago.  Some of you may remember it because the company owner was filmed shooting himself in the side with a 9mm to prove how effective it was.  Lot's a on this site as a result.  But it worked.  He also showed what happens when you get shot through level II kevlar.  It left a serious bruise and was clearly very painful.  It is kevlar after all, and it does give some.  It is not the same as plates.  That's also the reason I wanted Level IIIa.  It stops 44 Mag, sure.  But, more importantly, if shot with a 9mm, it will leave a much smaller bruise.

So, why get this instead of plates?  In my case, I am more concerned about civil disturbance than going to war.  If there is a ruckus in the street, and for some reason I feel the need to go out to find out what is going on, or am caught out somewhere unawares before I can get to safety, then a kevlar vest is a lot less attention grabbing than plates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top