Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2018 9:24:54 PM EDT
https://www.wsj.com/articles/britain-struggles-with-rise-in-knife-attacks-1541759400

LONDON—Daniel Frederick, a 34-year-old father of three, was returning to his home on a London public-housing estate shortly after New Year’s when a group of teenagers stabbed him in the back seven times, yards from his flat near a children’s playground.

Mr. Frederick, a security guard, was targeted in a case of mistaken identity, police believe, but the assault was part of a crime trend that London’s mayor said this week would take a generation to solve: a surge in knife attacks in a country with relatively low levels of violent crime.

Mayor Sadiq Khan was speaking on Monday after a spate of four unrelated knife homicides in London in five days—the youngest victims were 15 and 17—put renewed focus on the national trend. A fifth knife killing followed that night.

With strict British laws making guns hard to obtain, knives have become the weapon of choice for members of London gangs, who youth workers say fight over territory and are prepared to kill over trivial slights. As stabbings become more frequent, more young people feel compelled to carry knives for their own protection, fueling a cycle of violence.

More at the article.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What? How can that be?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Liberals destroy the areas where they live.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
They need to ban metal bars that allow themselves to be sharpened.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Try banning these 'morans'

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Had the conversation with a Brit kid in France last week. I pointed out that knives are inanimate objects that don't hurt anybody without a violent person to use them.  He said that was bullshit.  OK, we're in France kid.  Do you think there are as many knives in France as there are in the UK? Why isn't there a similar level of knife related crime in France?  Still he said it's bullshit.

Some men you just can't reach.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Ban knives, for da chilruns....
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had the conversation with a Brit kid in France last week. I pointed out that knives are inanimate objects that don't hurt anybody without a violent person to use them.  He said that was bullshit.  OK, we're in France kid.  Do you think there are as many knives in France as there are in the UK? Why isn't there a similar level of knife related crime in France?  Still he said it's bullshit.

View Quote
And that’s why we kicked their ass out of here 250 years ago and then went and saved their ass twice last century.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder what their demographics look like.  Victims vs. perpetrators.  It isn't stated in the article, so I guess we'll never know.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Should have poked him with a sharp wooden stick.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I bet if they cracked down on the types of people making the attacks. It would drop sharply.  But that would be racist.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Hard to believe that England once ruled the world.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#13]
A nation of hoplophobes;  there's no hope for them.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8805022.fossgate-bullet-find-mystery/
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I was in London in April. When I asked about the knife fights that seemed to be everywhere, the natives looked at me like I was retarded.
Its all gang and drug related. Don't go in the ghetto looking for dope and you'll probably be fine.

I was able to obtain a cheap pocket knife within hours of arriving in England. It went into a garbage can on the way into Heathrow for the flight home...
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#15]
How long was the locking blade ?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Did the mayor give the part and parcel speech?
I don't think kevlar slash-proof vests are illegal. Saw some on some surplus site for cheap. That would be worth getting if you want to visit the rough parts of London. That and a ball-peen hammer.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wonder what their demographics look like.  Victims vs. perpetrators.  It isn't stated in the article, so I guess we'll never know.
View Quote
Oh yes we do.  This is just like saying we don't know who is doing all the killings in Shitcago. (I know you were being sarcastic)
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Why do the fucking Brits think cookie monster is a coward?  

Assholes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Part and parcel.

Live with it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#20]
They wouldn't like NH
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hard to believe that England once ruled the world.
View Quote
Amazing isn’t it?  At one time “the sun never set on the British empire”. Now?  They argue over whether their citizens should be allowed to have pointed kitchen knives.

How could they fall so far?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#22]
What does Cookie Monster have to do with knives and how is he supposed to convince someone not to get stabby? I really,really don't get it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Just stay out of gang territories. Wait...

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#24]
At this point, I wouldn’t want to have a lot of money invested in a rock collection if I lived in the UK.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Diversity is proving to actually be a weakness...
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#27]
You know what happened to those guns once the war ended, right?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Oh yes we do.  This is just like saying we don't know who is doing all the killings in Shitcago. (I know you were being sarcastic)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep up with the news pretty well.  I know it's NRA members murdering everyone in Chicago.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dumped into the ocean I believe, except for one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What does Cookie Monster have to do with knives and how is he supposed to convince someone not to get stabby? I really,really don't get it.
View Quote
Cookie monster packs a rifle.   It's Bert that likes to get all stabby.

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Had the conversation with a Brit kid in France last week. I pointed out that knives are inanimate objects that don't hurt anybody without a violent person to use them.  He said that was bullshit.
View Quote
So he was actually arguing that inanimate objects are capable of committing crimes on their own?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Cookie Monster will do anything for cash
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:15:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
If only stupid was fatal, like it was in the olden days.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:19:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Cookie monster packs a rifle.   It's Bert that likes to get all stabby.

View Quote
Is Cookie holding Paciono's weapon from Heat?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:20:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, he wan'ts it, so he gets it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:21:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
It really illustrates the disconnect doesn't it.
Top Top