Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2018 4:53:15 PM EDT
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/bridezilla-goes-viral-for-wedding-essay-of-rules-gofundme
Basically sends an essay with each invite.   On the essay it requests people to pay for their own food and booze and asking to donate to their gofundme for the honeymoon.   She's only 19.   Her future husband is in for a life of pain.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Do we all get a ride?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I would not be attending.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do we all get a ride?
View Quote
People don’t think Prima Nocte be like it is...

But it do.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
At least its a casual dress code.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
No, but I'll donate to his lawyer fund for the inevitable divorce.........
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn't either...and the way she did it was tacky, BUT... she's basically saying in lieu if gifts please help with the honeymoon. That's not so bad.

ETA- dictating colors and no cameras is weird though. She expects people to buy new clothes? Stupid.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Went to a wedding in January and the night before the wedding the bride’s mom asked everyone to pitch in to pay for the shuttle to the venue. The dumbasses booked the hotels for everyone about 1.5hours away from the venue

That whole wedding weekend was fuckin stupid
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#8]
That doesn't seem ridiculous.  At least everyone knows what is up before they get there expecting an open bar.

Way better than the girl the other month who wanted everyone to pay her $1500 or whatever.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  Her future husband is in for a life of pain.
View Quote
some people are into that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wouldn't either...and the way she did it was tacky, BUT... she's basically saying in lieu if gifts please help with the honeymoon. That's not so bad.

ETA- dictating colors and no cameras is weird though. She expects people to buy new clothes? Stupid.
View Quote
Agree on the honeymoon part.   But the pay for your own food and booze?   Over the line.   If you can't afford a reception, don't have one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Agree on the honeymoon part.   But the pay for your own food and booze?   Over the line.   If you can't afford a reception, don't have one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I just wouldn't have one or a REALLY small one. That's all good.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Let me see if i can find your gift...

Ahh, there it is!
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let me see if i can find your gift...

https://media.giphy.com/media/J8G6fGsnoc1UI/giphy.gif

Ahh, there it is!
View Quote
To be fair she asked people to not even bring gifts so....
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep... would not attend, and hate to wish others don’t attend so she learns a lesson.
Having a cash only bar and serving limited food is fine if you honestly can’t afford it and are doing a small non lavish wedding, but asking guests to pay for their stuff “and” personally give you money is just rude entitlement.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/bridezilla-goes-viral-for-wedding-essay-of-rules-gofundme
Basically sends an essay with each invite.   On the essay it requests people to pay for their own food and booze and asking to donate to their gofundme for the honeymoon.   She's only 19.   Her future husband is in for a life of pain.
View Quote

Not as crazy as the American Bridezilla who wanted thousands of dollars from each guest including those in the wedding party. People bailed. Maid-of-honor bailed. Groom bailed. Friends bailed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#16]
She seems like a nice, sweet, pleasant girl to be around.  I'm sure her husband won't drink himself to death in under 10 years.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do we all get a ride?
View Quote
I ain't donating if I'm anything else other than 1st.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Weddings are stupid.  Just go to the courthouse, get married, grab some Pizza Hut afterwards then drive back home. Done deal.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would reply w/ a no on that invite.  I'm not going and I'm not paying for that CF.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Weddings are stupid.  Just go to the courthouse, get married, grab some Pizza Hut afterwards then drive back home. Done deal.
View Quote
Mrs. IHJ and I had our wedding in front of a few of our family and friends in her mother’s church, and an equally small reception at an English pub that used to be on Elliston Place. It was pints of beer, fish-n-chips, a Celtic music band that played there all the time, and a good time that was had by all.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Mrs. IHJ and I had our wedding in front of a few of our family and friends in her mother’s church, and an equally small reception at an English pub that used to be on Elliston Place. It was pints of beer, fish-n-chips, a Celtic music band that played there all the time, and a good time that was had by all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's the way to do it right there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I knew a dude that dodged a bullet.

His ultra liberal, crazy, fiancee wanted a wedding in Bermuda, at a resort, and a two week honeymoon there.  Her father fitted the bill, spending god knows how much on the wedding. To attend, you had to have a passport, pay for a flight, pay for the room, bring gifts, the whole nine yards.  Still, 20 some people went.

He got cold feet over it, and missed the flight.

I think they settled on a 30K payout from him to cover some of the costs.

Probably the best money he ever spent.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. A lucky sixpence.. Naw. Fuck you.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Good Lord, this is a dupe of a weeks old event and GD post. Wake up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw 4 different articles all dated today.   I think the one your thinking of is the bride that ask for 1500 cash from her guests.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#26]
In before her wedding, her rules.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Different thing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mrs. IHJ and I had our wedding in front of a few of our family and friends in her mother's church, and an equally small reception at an English pub that used to be on Elliston Place. It was pints of beer, fish-n-chips, a Celtic music band that played there all the time, and a good time that was had by all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mrs. IHJ and I had our wedding in front of a few of our family and friends in her mother's church, and an equally small reception at an English pub that used to be on Elliston Place. It was pints of beer, fish-n-chips, a Celtic music band that played there all the time, and a good time that was had by all.
I've kept it in for all these years, but I felt like your reception at that pub place was a chickenshit and cheapass piece of crap. And I hate you for it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've kept it in for all these years, but I felt like your reception at that pub place was a chickenshit and cheapass piece of crap. And I hate you for it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Millennials.  Too fucking stupid to realize that telling someone about proper etiquette is poor etiquette.  Yes, you are expected to bring a gift to a wedding.  Sure it is fine to announce a gift registry.  Perfectly ok to announce byob and if it is s pot luck.  But for Christ sakes don't put a cover on the meal and be sick a self centered ass to request money only.

in all fairness, it is not even poor taste for groomsman and bridesmades to pass the hat (in one form or another) to fundraiser for the honeymoon.  Arround here there are contributions for lapel pins, and donates for homemade wine shots.  Going to a wedding in a bit that will have donations for tequila shots.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look, man, I tried to tell you that ordering Zima in an English pub was just looking for trouble, but did you listen to me?

Noooo, you had to go and cause a scene.

Don’t worry, they repaired the dent your head made in the front door the next day, and you don’t owe them anything for it. Nigel and Sid say ‘hi’, and that you are welcome back anytime, as long as you drink what’s on tap and don’t act like ‘a fuckin’ tosser’. Their words, not mine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1...

...er, I mean -1
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Look, man, I tried to tell you that ordering Zima in an English pub was just looking for trouble, but did you listen to me?

Don’t worry, they repaired the dent your head made in the front door the next day, and you don’t owe them anything for it. Nigel and Sid say ‘hi’, and that you are welcome back anytime, as long as you drink what’s on tap and don’t act like ‘a fuckin’ tosser’. Their words, not mine.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#34]
If you can't afford the reception don't have one,we cut back on the wedding/honeymoon so that we could have a awesome reception with family and friends.
different priorities I guess.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I probably wouldn’t decline to attend on those particular terms, though I do tend to skip out on weddings where children are uninvited. It’s really not all that demanding, imho.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Silly that everyone wants a princess’s wedding.   Get real, you’re likely not a princess.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried to tell him, but you know how thick-headed Texans can be, especially when Zima is at stake.

Link Posted: 10/26/2018 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
View Quote
A classic S&W revolver, loaned, with fresh ammo.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not as crazy as the American Bridezilla who wanted thousands of dollars from each guest including those in the wedding party. People bailed. Maid-of-honor bailed. Groom bailed. Friends bailed.
https://hips.hearstapps.com/pop.h-cdn.co/assets/16/31/480x269/gallery-1470067972-paratroopers.gif?resize=480:*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/pop.h-cdn.co/assets/16/31/480x269/gallery-1470067972-paratroopers.gif?resize=480:*
I googled it...holy crap.

https://www.elle.com/life-love/sex-relationships/a22838613/wedding-shaming-twitter-thread/

I would say its fake except I know people that nuts in real life.
Top Top