Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2023 6:50:46 PM EDT
This admin seems to be on a roll.  Is this a thing?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Woah, so many details!
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is. It is the most sacred thing
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Been here over 20 years and you can't post a link?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes it is.  During my  lawsuit, the opposing counsel requested that both my lawyer and I furnish emails, letters or other information regarding the transfer of ownership of my property to him as payment of legal fees. My lawyer met with the Utah Bar Association folks and they said that it was a breach of attorney-client priviledge, and not to comply.  My lawyer decided not to roll the dice and said we would furnish the requested information. When we were in court the judge asked me if I would furnish the information. I told him "Under the threat of contempt of court charges and possibly being put in jail, I will furnish the information under protest." My lawyer said the same thing. The judge said we made  the right decision and we handed over a couple of emails.  If your lawyer doesn't want to fight, there is not a hell of a lot you can do about it.   Judges are kings in their courtroom and they are not afraid to let you know.  Us peasants don't stand a chance.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes it is.  During my  lawsuit, the opposing counsel requested that both my lawyer and I furnish emails, letters or other information regarding the transfer of ownership of my property to him as payment of legal fees. My lawyer met with the Utah Bar Association folks and they said that it was a breach of attorney-client priviledge, and not to comply.  My lawyer decided not to roll the dice and said we would furnish the requested information. When we were in court the judge asked me if I would furnish the information. I told him "Under the threat of contempt of court charges and possibly being put in jail, I will furnish the information under protest." My lawyer said the same thing. The judge said we made  the right decision and we handed over a couple of emails.  If your lawyer doesn't want to fight, there is not a hell of a lot you can do about it.   Judges are kings in their courtroom and they are not afraid to let you know.  Us peasants don't stand a chance.
View Quote

How is this a fair trial?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How is this a fair trial?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Breech is a noun referring to the rear of a gun or the rear, or buttocks, of a person. Most people are familiar with "breeches" meaning "pants."

Breach on the other hand means "a break or violation" such as a "breach of conduct" or a "breach in a dam." The most common switch up occur in the phrase "into/unto the breach."

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#8]
in post-rule-of-law USSA, all bets are off. one would be wise to revisit outdated notions such as this.

did nobody learn anything from eric holder's days, much less 2016?

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Woah, so many details!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Woah, so many details!

Since OP has furnished nothing, I will offer a wild guess

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/09/classified-info-proud-boys-trial-00086357

Defense lawyers cried foul, though, noting that the government’s claims of “classified” material arrived just as the defense sounded the alarm about the content of some of the inadvertently disclosed messages. While Miller testified Wednesday she had produced about “25 rows” of messages, defense lawyers said there were thousands of rows of hidden messages that included contents they contended were directly relevant to their case.

Some of the messages appeared to reveal that FBI agents accessed contacts between defendant Zachary Rehl and his attorney, which led Miller to tell a colleague she thought Rehl would take his case to trial. In another message, an FBI agent tells Miller, “You need to go into that CHS report you just put and edit out that I was present.” After defense attorneys began to press Miller about the attorney-client messages on Wednesday afternoon, prosecutors objected, and Kelly halted the trial to permit the parties to debate the matter.

Link Posted: 3/23/2023 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top