Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2021 2:31:52 PM EDT
I cannot get the friggin windshield washer to work.  Wipers work fine. Assumed it was empty, but nope.  She is full.  

Am I stupid, or do I need to call the dealer tomorrow?  Anyone have anything similar???
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
When you push and hold the washer button only, does the wipers come on?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  The passenger side nozzle dribbled once, like they do when empty, but the son of a gun is full.

I thought maybe the system needed "primed" since it is new, but after a few minutes of holding the button I still have nothing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.  The passenger side nozzle dribbled once, like they do when empty, but the son of a gun is full.

I thought maybe the system needed "primed" since it is new, but after a few minutes of holding the button I still have nothing.
View Quote

If it dribbled. Open the hood, see if the hose is attached to the frog eye.
Sometimes the hose is barely attached and pops off. Older Job1 trucks were notorious for that happening.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well at least yours is just that.

My wifes new fusion has 27k miles on it and needs a new motor because coolant leaks into the oil and into the spark plugs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
If the hoses are connected, make sure the fluid pump is also plugged in. I'd suspect it's not fully connected.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well at least yours is just that.

My wifes new fusion has 27k miles on it and needs a new motor because coolant leaks into the oil and into the spark plugs.
View Quote

Ecoboost?

If so, they've had that problem since they came out with the 1.6 in fusions and escapes.
They'd barf everything out of the front crank seal, rear main, and on a few occasions the heads and blocks were porous.
Sometimes they even skipped thrust bearings on the crank... Mitsubishi Eclipse guys in the back ground, what's old is new again! Yay crank walk!

Kept the car shop goons busy. Between that, door handle recalls...

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Clog in the wiper line. Probably a small piece of plastic from assembly. Check tube
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Clog in the wiper line. Probably a small piece of plastic from assembly. Check tube
View Quote

Yup, clogs, pinches, hose barely being on the nozzle and popping off dribbling down the engine cover/bell housing
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Figured out the wipers.  Dumb luck, but just started jiggling and squeezing stuff and they started working.....

But found this in the process:
This was after they replaced the windshield and "sealer" prior to me taking possession of this brand new vehicle.  I'm guessing this is what caused the washer to not work? Cockeyed install crimped the line???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top