Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hopefully it was a painful death.
View Quote

I was kinda hoping the same guy who did Whitey Bolger was involved.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
there's another bernie needs to go too
View Quote

My first thought.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Once crypto Tether goes tits up it's going to make Madoff look like a run of the mill conman.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Burn in hell Bernie
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]
but is he really...

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let’s hope and pray that cock weasel soros is next
View Quote

Yeah how is he not dead yet?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why couldn’t it be George Soros instead??
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#9]

ETA: In my haste, I thought the OP said Bernie SANDERS.

Oh well. Fuck Madoff, also.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#10]
If reincarnation were real, Maddoff just fell out of a pigs ass.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
crap, i thought that said bernie sanders. well, the heart wants what the heart wants
View Quote

I appreciate Bernie Sanders.  He & AOC & Beto are True FRIENDS to Conservatives.

Because they speak THE TRUTH about what they want to do when they get into power.

Steal your wealth, Tax you to poverty, Restrict your Choices & Options in life, take your Guns, and let the "underclass" run wild to "restore justice" by breaking the entire legal system of this country.

KEEP ON SPEAKING WHAT YOU REALLY WANT LIBERALS - The More You TALK, the more "WOKE" 'The People' become ...

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Bernie's prison pen pal spills his secrets: Ruth Madoff would spend $60k a month on company credit card and withdrew $10m on day Ponzi scheme was exposed - while Bernie seduced a client's wife just because he didn't like him

A journalist who became prison pen pals with Bernie Madoff and befriended his wife Ruth, regularly taking her out for lunch over the course of several years, has revealed some of the disgraced family's secrets including how Ruth was spending $57,000-a-month on the company credit card.

Bernie died in prison on Wednesday at the age of 82. He had been fighting renal kidney failure and was in a wheelchair. It's unclear now who will claim his body.

Until last year, when he was applying for compassionate release, he was writing to journalist Jim Campbell, a radio host from Connecticut, who gained access to the family through Madoff's youngest son Andrew before he died from cancer in 2014.

Campbell and Bernie exchanged hundreds of letters over the 12 years he was incarcerated.

He reveals them in his new book, Madoff Talks: Uncovering the Untold Story Behind the Most Notorious Ponzi Scheme in History, which will be published on April 27.

In an interview with DailyMail.com on Thursday morning, Campbell revealed that Bernie was unrepentant and only expressed remorse in their letters because his lawyers told him to.

He said he thought of his victims as 'greedy' and resented them.

He also shared a startling American Express statement from the family office in March 2008, nine months before Bernie's arrest.

In that month alone, Ruth spent $57,910 - nearly double the average US annual salary. It's unclear what she was buying. Her role was to do the books.

Peter, Bernie's younger brother, spent $19,990. Andrew, Bernie's youngest son, spent $7,800 and Mark, the oldest son, spent over $10,000. Bernie spent nothing.

Together, they had a joint credit line of $200,000.

Ruth previously claimed not to have spoken to him since their son Mark killed himself in 2010 because he could no longer bear the weight of the shame his father heaped on to their family.  

The Madoff company credit card in March 2008, nine months before Bernie's arrest. He spent nothing but Ruth, who was meant to be running the books, spent nearly $57,000

Andrew told Campbell of their disgraced father: 'He killed Mark quickly, he is killing me slowly'Mark Madoff with his wife Stephanie, right, before his father's crimes were revealed. Mark killed himself on the second anniversary of his father's arrest in December 2010. Andrew Madoff, right, on the Today show in 2011. He died from lymphoma in 2014. The two brothers said they never spoke to their father again after learning what he'd done.

Mark Madoff was found hanging in his Manhattan apartment in December 2010. His wife blamed his father and the shame he felt over his crimes

Before he was jailed, she made a deal with prosecutors to that she'd be allowed $2.5million to pay for his legal fees.

She has since reached a settlement with a small group of some of his tens of thousands of victims to pay them $600,000.

It's a tiny fraction of what he stole - $65billion.

Bernie also told Campbell how he convinced clients they were making money when they weren't.

He had a file he referred to as 'schtup', a Yiddish word which means 'sex' or 'push up', where he'd calculate how much each client needed to think they were making every year, then he'd give them that number at year-end.

He insisted to Campbell that he could have made all of the trades he thought about but never did.

Jim Campbell interviewed Bernie via letters from prison and Ruth over lunch for several years. His new book comes out in two weeks

Continued
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#13]
GOOD!

I hope he suffered.

Please tell me where to send a bottle of piss for the grave.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Bernie Madoff's death certificate reveals 82-year-old died of hypertension, cardiovascular disease and kidney disease - and still lists the $64-billion-fraudster's job as 'broker'

He had requested compassionate release, given his poor health, but was denied.

His body was cremated inside the prison.

Madoff robbed 37,000 victims in 136 countries of $64.8 billion

He never showed any remorse, and described his victims as 'greedy', according to New York Magazine.

Link
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's weird, thought he died years ago

Ahh, it was that Enron cocksucker
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]
He was only doing what the government does everyday with social security payments.

His scheme worked OK until until the democrats (and well, McStain, too), people like soros,  decided it was time to crash the market, so they could begin their Fundamental Transformation Of the USA.
He Heavily used the stock Of my previous employer to fund his scheme.   Something like 3 splits, but on the 3rd , it failed to climb again.   Lots of people made out very nice on that stock.  I made a small , very small amount.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top