BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I went hunting yesterday for 4 hours... Zero Buffalo Trace products.  The distributor was for BT was in the store while I was there, and he said they haven't released his allocations yet.  Thinks they might be holding onto them for the bars & restaurants for something positive when they finally DO get to open back up.  The wine rep i spoke with said she is definitely seeing more of her products being pushed out to retail.

I cam home yesterday with a bottle of Russell's Reserve 10 yr, and Four Roses Small Batch select.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Not here.

My favorite liquor store owner puts one bottle of harder to find stuff out to prevent out-of-staters from loading up.  Keeps a stash in storage for regulars.

Tons of four roses, eagle rare (shit bourbon IMO), and buffalo trace.  Willet (overrated), and Calumet (also hot garbage) are also in abundance.

I can get EH Taylor small batch, but one of my favorites, the single barrel, isn't available.

Higher dollar items like Kentucky Owl Confiscated, Elijah Craig 18yr single barrel, whistle pig 12, Very Olde St. Nick 12yr ancient cask, Rare Perfection 14yr and 15yr, etc are out on the shelves.  Their price prevents hoarding ($80 to $199/bottle).

He doesn't charge secondary market prices, which I appreciate.  But it makes his store a target for black market resalers.  He's figured out how to combat that and still make money.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not here.

My favorite liquor store owner puts one bottle of harder to find stuff out to prevent out-of-staters from loading up.  Keeps a stash in storage for regulars.

Tons of four roses, eagle rare (shit bourbon IMO), and buffalo trace.  Willet (overrated), and Calumet (also hot garbage) are also in abundance.

I can get EH Taylor small batch, but one of my favorites, the single barrel, isn't available.

Higher dollar items like Kentucky Owl Confiscated, Elijah Craig 18yr single barrel, whistle pig 12, Very Olde St. Nick 12yr ancient cask, Rare Perfection 14yr and 15yr, etc are out on the shelves.  Their price prevents hoarding ($80 to $199/bottle).

He doesn't charge secondary market prices, which I appreciate.  But it makes his store a target for black market resalers.  He's figured out how to combat that and still make money.
View Quote

That Taylor single barrei has been going for like 400 from what I've seen lately.  Saw plenty of the Taylor small batch the other day and a few bottles of Blantons (picked one up for 100.... cheapest around here from anyone with it in stock by far).
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That Taylor single barrei has been going for like 400 from what I've seen lately.  Saw plenty of the Taylor small batch the other day and a few bottles of Blantons (picked one up for 100.... cheapest around here from anyone with it in stock by far).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not here.

Yep, I can still get small batch all day for 45.99, but the single barrel is nowhere.

Bought a bottle of Blantons for $65 yesterday.  Not easy to find, but my honeyhole store owner puts "Easter eggs" on the shelf from time to time.  You got to look behind bottles to see them.  I look very carefully.

I'm seeing a lot of Russell's Reserve varieties on the shelf.  Tons of Michters varieties.  Willet, Sazerac, eagle rare (sucks), buffalo trace, angels envy (overrated), all Woodfords, are easily available.  Whistle Pig, Peg Leg Porker, Kentucky Owl Confiscated, and the other rarer birds are also available.  A half gallon of Weller SR was on the shelf for $55...didn't buy it because I don't like it.

But most of the hard to find BT lineup is still scarce.  ETL, EHT single barrel, blantons, and anything from the antique collection are hard to find.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep, I can still get small batch all day for 45.99, but the single barrel is nowhere.

Bought a bottle of Blantons for $65 yesterday.  Not easy to find, but my honeyhole store owner puts "Easter eggs" on the shelf from time to time.  You got to look behind bottles to see them.  I look very carefully.

I'm seeing a lot of Russell's Reserve varieties on the shelf.  Tons of Michters varieties.  Willet, Sazerac, eagle rare (sucks), buffalo trace, angels envy (overrated), all Woodfords, are easily available.  Whistle Pig, Peg Leg Porker, Kentucky Owl Confiscated, and the other rarer birds are also available.  A half gallon of Weller SR was on the shelf for $55...didn't buy it because I don't like it.

But most of the hard to find BT lineup is still scarce.  ETL, EHT single barrel, blantons, and anything from the antique collection are hard to find.
View Quote

Yep, same situation here.  Oddly the EHT small batch is right around the same price here as it is by you, but the Blantons is significantly higher.  I picked up a bottle of BT for 30 with the Blantons and its really hard to justify in my head paying over three times the price for the Blantons.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:05:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

EHT single barrel for 400?  No.  Barrel proof? Yes.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Here, the strip gets the bulk of the allocated bottles.  Since the strip was closed, distributors were selling a lot of those off to other stores.  Costco actually got a bunch of Stagg, Stagg Jr, Weller 12, Pappy, etc.  Most of the bottles didn't have limits.  I was about 5 minutes from getting into Costco and someone posted that there was like 30 bottles of W12 left.  Two minutes later, someone posted that they were all gone.  I went in and sure enough, all gone.
Didn't see the asshole who snagged them all either.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here, the strip gets the bulk of the allocated bottles.  Since the strip was closed, distributors were selling a lot of those off to other stores.  Costco actually got a bunch of Stagg, Stagg Jr, Weller 12, Pappy, etc.  Most of the bottles didn't have limits.  I was about 5 minutes from getting into Costco and someone posted that there was like 30 bottles of W12 left.  Two minutes later, someone posted that they were all gone.  I went in and sure enough, all gone.
Didn't see the asshole who snagged them all either.  
View Quote
 This is why I don't mind the Limit 1 or 2 ... makes the re-sellers job atleast more difficult having to send in other people to get some.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 This is why I don't mind the Limit 1 or 2 ... makes the re-sellers job atleast more difficult having to send in other people to get some.  
View Quote

Same here. I'm in a small enough market that pricing is above msrp anyway so a lot of people won't pay the amount asked for harder to find bourbons. But at msrp they would disappear.

I'm on a FB page called Weller Fan Boys and the reselling there is unreal. Everyone is buying for resell. Guys have cases of Weller SR.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got the last bottle of 1792 Full Proof the other day for $90+tax.

Dude had no idea if or when he might get more.
View Quote

Sorry, I know this is an old post, but it staggered me that you paid that much. I bought a bottle of 1792 Full Proof a couple weeks ago at Total Wine (and they probably had 30+ bottles) for $45. So weird that there is that much of a difference.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 11:30:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sorry, I know this is an old post, but it staggered me that you paid that much. I bought a bottle of 1792 Full Proof a couple weeks ago at Total Wine (and they probably had 30+ bottles) for $45. So weird that there is that much of a difference.
View Quote
Just like Bourbon doesn't go bad in the bottle, this thread shall remain running as long as people post

For the record, I still can't find shit as far as allocations go
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I doubt it is due to covid19, but I have become a good customer so my guy lets me have first crack at items such as ETL, Weller and others. Just got this guy a few weeks ago.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Very nice! I just picked up two Single Barrel EHTs and a couple Stagg Jr Batch 14s.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Local Fry's grocery store (Kroger) is stocking some nice selections this month.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Local Fry's grocery store (Kroger) is stocking some nice selections this month.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96423/20200817_095016_jpg-1550822.JPG
View Quote

I'd say so.  I've never seen Stagg Jr. Or and EH Taylor on a shelf
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, that’s crazy. Only seen 2 bottles of Stagg Jr. I own both now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

In my area those bottles are unicorns for anything less than full secondary pricing. I am still smiling at the price.

I looked in the liquor department and same old stuff. The stocker asked me if I was looking for anything in particular. I asked about them getting allotted Buffalo Trace bourbons. She said, "Yes, we got them. They are on an endcap over by the chips and snacks." Walked over and about shit myself

They would have been gone if it was in the liquor dept.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Are things lightening up??

I was just in a local store that has tons of stuff that people can't seem to find.  Only weller was SR.  Tons of 1792, and more types of whistlepig and old forester than I even knew existed.  

No buffalo trace (on the shelves anyway). But I think this guy holds stuff in the back for his regulars....
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was just in a local store that has tons of stuff that people can't seem to find.  Only weller was SR.  Tons of 1792, and more types of whistlepig and old forester than I even knew existed.

No buffalo trace (on the shelves anyway). But I think this guy holds stuff in the back for his regulars....
View Quote
I'm seeing lots of new brands on the shelf.  Not seeing those old friends I know and love.

Calumet 14yr is now available.  Not gonna buy it.
Three Chord Bourbon is all over.  Nope.
Sweetens Cove (Peyton Manning bourbon).  Nope, not at $200 for an unknown.
Lots of Knob Creek variants.  I did buy the 2018 special release (which was good and high proof), but not looking at the others (too much corn flavor for me in Knob Creek bourbons).
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

As he should. Loyal customers should be rewarded over locusts.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

As he should. Loyal customers should be rewarded over locusts.
View Quote

Yeah. No complaints about that.  I used to go in there quite a bit, but haven't in a while.  Another guy by me does it too. He will get it if you ask and he likes you.

I also noticed a very large sign on the door saying "LIMIT 1 MEANS 1". Obviously he has been dealing with vultures.  This guy also deals with a bunch of idiot thieves running out with bottles,  and has been broken into a few times.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top