User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Kindle unlimited?
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
OP - finished it, and really enjoyed it! I did it in one sitting while recovering.

Regarding reviews, where’s the best place to do one that helps you the most? I see a link at the end of the iBook on my iPad, but I also see Amazon referenced? Let me know so I can drop a review for you!
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]
99 cents spent.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kindle unlimited?
View Quote

It will be on KU, too.

Best place to leave a review is on the Amazon page. Mods will slap my peepee if I post links to a product, though, so you will have to look it up. (Or IM me your emails and I'll add you to my arc reader list.)

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OP - finished it, and really enjoyed it! I did it in one sitting while recovering.

Regarding reviews, where's the best place to do one that helps you the most? I see a link at the end of the iBook on my iPad, but I also see Amazon referenced? Let me know so I can drop a review for you!
View Quote

I am getting a lot of reports like this, that people just plowed through. It's a short read, and I wrote it with the intention to be a page turner. Glad to hear that was successful for most.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just be warned, the fantasy series is very different. "The Collapse" is designed as high-speed action, whereas the fantasy series is deep character-study on many morally gray characters with lots of politics. Folks who like "The Collapse" may or may not relate to "Sins of the Fathers".
View Quote

Not going to be an issue with me,  I read David Weber.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am getting a lot of reports like this, that people just plowed through. It's a short read, and I wrote it with the intention to be a page turner. Glad to hear that was successful for most.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regarding reviews, where's the best place to do one that helps you the most? I see a link at the end of the iBook on my iPad, but I also see Amazon referenced? Let me know so I can drop a review for you!

Just finished it also and you cliff-hangin’ mofo... Great read.

On topic, it flowed extremely well and was absolutely a page turner.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just finished it also and you cliff-hangin' mofo... Great read.

View Quote

To be fair, it's more of a roller coaster came down for the finale, then started up for the next run.

Book two will be worth it, I think.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

To be fair, it's more of a roller coaster came down for the finale, then started up for the next run.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just finished it also and you cliff-hangin' mofo... Great read.

So a ski jump off a cliff? I’m sure it will.

Making my way through Sins of the Fathers now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Ordered on Kindle for 99p, but not out over here until 17th August.
Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered for Kindle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#12]
It was a good book. Spend the 99 cents if you like these type of books. There's nothing to keep me from posting a link -

https://www.amazon.com/Tartarus-Gate-Space-Opera-Collapse-ebook/dp/B097S68SZN/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Matthew+p+gilbert&qid=1628344045&sr=8-1
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a sci fi reader. I would love to read your book. Happy to pay for it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a fun read, great story. Love all the easter eggs.

Buy this book.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Buy this book.
View Quote

You are the first person to note the 'easter eggs'. I put a lot of them in there.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You are the first person to note the 'easter eggs'. I put a lot of them in there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy this book.

I didn’t want to spoil it for others, but I will say you put some in the Sins of the Fathers books too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Book goes live next week, to remind folks. Also, if you want to receive future arcs, PM me your email. I started this just answering PM's and it got out of hand real quick. Did not expect so much interest. Would be much easier on me to mail folks as a group.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Book goes live next week, to remind folks. Also, if you want to receive future arcs, PM me your email. I started this just answering PM's and it got out of hand real quick. Did not expect so much interest. Would be much easier on me to mail folks as a group.

View Quote

IM sent. I'll leave you a review on Amazon as soon as it will let me. Forgot the email in the IM. Another one sent.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure I missed some, but I chuckled out loud at a few.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Reminder for those leaving reviews: Tuesday is the day we go live. It doesn't need to be wordy. Anything will do, and everything will be greatly appreciated, even if it's just "I liked this a lot."

Again, if you are interested in the second and third book ARC's, IM me your email. I tried doing this just through ARF IM thinking I would only get a few responses, but I got too many to do manually, so I will maintain a list of emails going forward.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm sure I missed some, but I chuckled out loud at a few.
View Quote

LOL.. I'm about 80% through the book.... I keep waiting for a " Fuck you ARock!"
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL.. I'm about 80% through the book.... I keep waiting for a " Fuck you ARock!"
View Quote

Damn it, I didn't use that one! I do have a chapter in book 2 called "When Assholes Collide" though. :D

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#23]
It's out and live for those interested. They don't care for us posting links here, so you'll have to look it up, and as usual, if you send me an IM with your email, I will add you to my list and mail you when I have ARC's available for the next two.

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Good morning!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I noticed this morning it downloaded to my Kindle overnight.  I'm in the middle of another book right now,  but it's next in my list.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Grabbed it on Kindle Unlimited. Hopefully I'll be reading it this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Just bought it for my Kindle.
$0.99 is a bargain, and if it helps put coin in OP's pocket it's a good thing.

Will review when I finish it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#28]
im reading spiral wars now, once i get done ill think about it. Is it on kindle prime?

if im not prying you wrote it and sell it via amazon for 99 cents to non Kindle prime people and kindle prime people get it for free . Ballpark how much do you make from the "sales" and how much per kindle prime reader?

ive been thinking id like to try my hand at writing, and ive got a few story ideas floating around. if it would be nice used car moeny it owuld be a nice side gig
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the support, guys. To answer some questions, there really isn't much money going on here, not unless it somehow sold millions of copies or something, which is highly unlikely. I am not certain how it all gets calculated (the publisher handles that), but my sense is that unless you get lucky and catch a wave, you are not really going to earn back the time you invested writing it, so if you don't feel compelled to write for the love of the story, I would not consider it even a side gig.

COULD it go big? Sure. I could win the lotto, too. Am I banking on it? Nah. I'll be glad if folks here enjoy it, since as I mentioned, I kind of wrote this with ARF in mind, as you can tell from the various ARF'isms in the book. But I am not expecting any calls from Hollywood in my near future.

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Just got it on KU. Been in a book slump for a bit after i finished some other ones and didn't know which one to look for next. Will definitely leave a review when done.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#31]
well; the discount price was cheap, so even tho I read it for free; I bought a copy.

[added]

Review posted as a verified owner of the book
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Good luck OP.  I would like to read it, but I never learned to read.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It was a good book. Spend the 99 cents if you like these type of books. There's nothing to keep me from posting a link -

https://www.amazon.com/Tartarus-Gate-Space-Opera-Collapse-ebook/dp/B097S68SZN/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Matthew+p+gilbert&qid=1628344045&sr=8-1
View Quote
Thank you for the link. All i could find was the unlimited link and putting a dollar into the bucket is not going to break the bank.

OP - I'll try to start it this week as I've been itching for a good quick read!

Good luck
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Bought it, I'll read it on the plane home in a few days.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Buy this book.
View Quote

But seriously, I just spent $30+ at the used book store yesterday, so what's one more buck for a fellow ARFCOMer?

I'm FOing!
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#36]
loved the blading at 45
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll read it when I'm done with my current series.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Thoroughly enjoyed the book.  I also acquired the book on Kindle Unlimited before doing a review which is supposed to get my review flagged as verified.  It did not.  IDK why.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#39]
grabbed on kindle, thanks, look forward to reading it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-NrRDBqP/0/6f41af6c/M/i-NrRDBqP-M.png

But seriously, I just spent $30+ at the used book store yesterday, so what's one more buck for a fellow ARFCOMer?

I'm FOing!
View Quote

Look at me. I'm supervisor now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Good luck OP.  I would like to read it, but I never learned to read.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thoroughly enjoyed the book.  I also acquired the book on Kindle Unlimited before doing a review which is supposed to get my review flagged as verified.  It did not.  IDK why.
View Quote

Amazon is weird about this stuff, and it seems like sometimes it takes time for them to get all of this stuff right. I wouldn't sweat it. It will show up or not as Amazon wills it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Waiting for the audio book
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
loved the blading at 45
View Quote

No love for M87?

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Still need more reviews from ARC folks if possible. I sent out a BUNCH of arcs and I so far have only 7 reviews up. Anybody else?

Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Buying on Amazon Kindle now
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Added my review. Looking forward to books 2 & 3.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Got it for Kindle last night.

Haven't started it yet.

Any plans on an audiobook format?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Got it for Kindle last night.

Haven't started it yet.

Any plans on an audiobook format?
View Quote

Not sure, honestly. As with everything, it kind of depends on how well the first book performs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Still need more reviews from ARC folks if possible. I sent out a BUNCH of arcs and I so far have only 7 reviews up. Anybody else?

View Quote

Just got mine in on two sites.  Had crazy stuff going on at work lately that kept me from submitting them sooner.  Sorry about that.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top