Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2019 2:12:26 PM EDT
For someone who's tool and space limited at the current time.  Is there an easy source to order a block to make a liberator legal?   I've got my printer up and now I want to print something like that.  If nothing else to say I did it.    But I want to stay within the law.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean to remain in compliance with the undetectable firearm rules?

It'll have a metal nail for a firing pin, won't it?
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you mean to remain in compliance with the undetectable firearm rules?

It'll have a metal nail for a firing pin, won't it?
View Quote
Yeah.   Metal firing pin from a nail, but from what I've read that block gives it enough metal to comply w/ the stupid law.  IIRC they spec a 1.19x1.19x0.99" block and say to epoxy it in.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you use steel nuts and bolts in the space for the block? What about foil or solder.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 12:27:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you use steel nuts and bolts in the space for the block? What about foil or solder.
View Quote
You could probably put them in.  I don't know if you could get enough mass in there to make up the legal requirement if they've planned it on having a solid piece of steel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top