Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2019 3:32:10 PM EDT
I know there are only like 3 of us that play this game but... I cannot wait for this...
Guardian (female berserker type)
For those that care:
Little to no info has been released since the announcement. Data-mining suggests a polearm for the awakened weapon. Korea already has name pre registration for the class starting today. Many anticipate the 17th as the release.
It is presumed a new continent/area of snow will be released to correspond.

Link Posted: 12/6/2019 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw on Reddit that some one made a character for this game using the games creation tool that looks just like Taylor Swift.

Real fun game, probably the best graphics in its genre  with a steep learning curve that can get pretty expensive with its cash shop.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw on Reddit that some one made a character for this game using the games creation tool that looks just like Taylor Swift.

Real fun game, probably the best graphics in its genre  with a steep learning curve that can get pretty expensive with its cash shop.
View Quote
yeah the character creation is insane detailed and yes the taylor swift thing was legit I saw it in game the other day.
The cash shop is great imo, mostly cosmetic stuff, they do good on outfits. I used to be in a guild with a guy who would buy outfits with cash to sell in game and always had me pick out the outfit I wanted and he sold it to me at the lowest pre-order amount.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 2:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
This looked interesting when 1st saw it, but Steam user feedback indicates that it has some insidious spyware that sticks around even if the game is deleted.

Scratch.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 2:36:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This looked interesting whe 1st saw it, but Steam user feedback indicates that it has some insidious spyware that sticks around even if the game is deleted.
View Quote
wat

O_o
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 3:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
wat

O_o
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This looked interesting whe 1st saw it, but Steam user feedback indicates that it has some insidious spyware that sticks around even if the game is deleted.
wat

O_o
My bad.  Looks like it's anti cheat code running in the background which just gets flagged by antiviral software.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I needed to get 2 more pieces of armor to pen to be full pen armor/weapons...then manos dropped and the market flooded with pens.  Totally ruined the fun of the accomplishment for me, so I quit.

Solid game, though, I definitely enjoyed the time I spent playing it, and made some great friends.  I might fire it up to play the new class, just depends when it releases, I'm not playing anything at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked it up on Steam this week and think I'm gonna roll a Shai.  How hard is it to fall in with a group for some PvP?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I picked it up on Steam this week and think I'm gonna roll a Shai.  How hard is it to fall in with a group for some PvP?
View Quote
I started playing again last night, my main is a shai...great starting choice, easiest class to play, great at PvE.  NOT good at PvP, only useful in large scale, which you are months and months away from, but you need to focus on PvE to begin with anyway.  Getting into a PvP guild is easy enough, mostly just getting the required gear score...getting into a good PvP guild is faaaaar down the road for you, although some crazy luck and good networking can sometimes shorten that.

Holler at me in game, family name is Thundeskar.  I'm pretty rusty, but still good for general advice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I started playing again last night, my main is a shai...great starting choice, easiest class to play, great at PvE.  NOT good at PvP, only useful in large scale, which you are months and months away from, but you need to focus on PvE to begin with anyway.  Getting into a PvP guild is easy enough, mostly just getting the required gear score...getting into a good PvP guild is faaaaar down the road for you, although some crazy luck and good networking can sometimes shorten that.

Holler at me in game, family name is Thundeskar.  I'm pretty rusty, but still good for general advice.
View Quote
Yeah, I really like the class.  Simple rotations, yet somehow more fun than the Witch.  I'm doing pretty good as far as gear so far and for the most part am steamrolling Dark Rifts on my way to 61, and for PvP I'll need a DP build for which the gear is relatively inexpensive.  Next task for me is to setup my node workers.  All in all I'm digging the game so far.  Fam name here is Amantiuz.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 1:42:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I think I'm going to start fresh with Guardian and make all new gear, just to do something different.

Here's my current gear:

Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think I'm going to start fresh with Guardian and make all new gear, just to do something different.

Here's my current gear:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144616/Jan_Gear_PNG-1238782.png
View Quote
Hot damn man, I'll bet you can farm the hell out of Stars End with that kit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hot damn man, I'll bet you can farm the hell out of Stars End with that kit.
View Quote
Yeah, shai is better at Abyssal Sycraia though.  And I have the worst loot luck of anyone I know...I've done maybe 40 hours at Stars End and never had an earring drop, it's like I'm cursed there.

Part of the reason I'm going to build new gear for the Guardian is just to have fun with gear progression again...gains at my level are damned hard to come by, and I don't put enough hours into the game for them now.  A fresh start should keep it fun with more casual grind time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 4:01:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ve played this game off and on for a bit. Mostly afk fishing lol.

I don’t really understand the combat skills system. Most guides are very old. Every time I try and figure things out I get overwhelmed and them go fish somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’ve played this game off and on for a bit. Mostly afk fishing lol.

I don’t really understand the combat skills system. Most guides are very old. Every time I try and figure things out I get overwhelmed and them go fish somewhere.
View Quote
Combat ranges from very simple (shai) to incredibly complex (sorceress) combos.  Some combos aren't even possible when your framerate isn't high enough, as a high framerate speeds up animations, but that sort of thing generally only comes into play in high level pvp duels.

There are skills that buff your character, debuff your opponent, cc opponents (there are a range of different cc's), protect you from cc's (super armor), or make you invulnerable (iframes).  The key is understanding when to use them.  PvP is all about landing a CC and following up with a high-damage combo that can finish off your opponent.  To do that, you need to know your opponent's combos well enough to predict when there will be an opening (a point in their combo without super armor).

The new class coming out, Guardian, is very slow...which means it should be pretty easy to play, but probably not a very good duelist.

Each class has its own Discord channel, those are generally the most up-to-date places to get class information.  Here's a link that has most of the good Discord channels:  https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/wiki/discord_channels
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for that.

I'm looking forward to playing the guardian. I bought that $50 pack or whatever they were selling and I'm hoping a fresh start on fresh character will be good.

Going to try and find a decent guild and get more into things besides AFK fishing and cooking.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks for that.

I'm looking forward to playing the guardian. I bought that $50 pack or whatever they were selling and I'm hoping a fresh start on fresh character will be good.

Going to try and find a decent guild and get more into things besides AFK fishing and cooking.
View Quote
I've got a pocket guild with all the worthwhile bonuses, it's just me and my kid's accounts.  PVE only, but until you're geared up that's the way to go.  Once you're geared, I can get you into a good pvp guild.  Family name is Thundeskar, guild name is Ransack.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I made a Guardian for all the event hullaballoo.  I also made a Lahn and tagged the Guardian to it so I can level it for free.  Lahn at least seems interesting.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Gotta say, I'm loving the Guardian.  Still a bit slow with it, but I'm speeding up...it isn't a speed grinder by any means, but it's certainly faster than a shai for trash.  Animations and overall toolkit of the class are great, definitely right up my alley, it's a very visceral class.

Level 58, I'll do the quests to hit 61 tonight, then back to the gear grind, just have DUO kzarka and kutum at the moment.  I'll probably grind on the Shai for the next couple of weeks, try to pick up a dande box, and just stock up on enhance materials to get the dande to PEN when Guardian gets it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm lvl 59 with this loadout presently.  I'm thinking finish up Dreig quest lines, then do all the other quest filler I have to hit 61.  I'm not sure on where to focus to try pushing that AP up into the next bracket though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm lvl 59 with this loadout presently.  I'm thinking finish up Dreig quest lines, then do all the other quest filler I have to hit 61.  I'm not sure on where to focus to try pushing that AP up into the next bracket though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/405927/2020-01-24_108447029_jpg-1248116.JPG
View Quote
With lifeskilling being the best money in the game nowadays, I'd probably break out the fluid collector, and work on your knowledge when you're out of energy.  Then I'd work on permanent accessories, then boss armor.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I might go and buy it since it's on sale. I tried it when they had the level up to 70 and get the game for free promo and enjoyed it. Got close but not close enough!
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I might go and buy it since it's on sale. I tried it when they had the level up to 70 and get the game for free promo and enjoyed it. Got close but not close enough!
View Quote
It's almost always on sale, they make all their money from the cash shop.

Don't use Steam.  It's the same game, same servers, but the Steam client has more issues at patch time.  You also can't use the referral code through Steam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top