Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Oops.

Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To SJW types, not doing back flips over anything with a whiff of social justice makes you a racist.
View Quote
Yeah, you people hating this because it has a black lead makes you racist.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The lead actor is an admitted illegal alien. I’ll pass.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The lead actor is an admitted illegal alien. I’ll pass.
View Quote
Explain that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I said it before, i know it's fiction, but a technologically advanced African nation

Some stuff is just too far fetched to believe.

Thor ragnarok is more believable.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Just like the movie  "Get Out" im sure it will break records on good reviews and awards won.

Whats up with Hollywood????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Exactly. SJW bullshit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That sounds suspiciously WOKE, if the press is gushing like that.
Exactly. SJW bullshit
Not SJW Bs...a different kind of BS
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To SJW types, not doing back flips over anything with a whiff of social justice makes you a racist.
Where did I say I hated it?

I liked the character in Civil War.

Just not on my list to see in the theater.

(I didn't see Civil War in the theater either)
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I figured Luke Cage would get some bitching, there was rap and hip hop music (I don't care for rap or hip hop either but it was a pretty good sound track) and some Trayvon Martin hoody stuff so although I liked it (fight at the end wasn't that great) I figured it would be unpopular here.

But this is a film about a completely made up black nation in africa that has science fiction stuff because they have unobtainium mines, and the character has been around for decades, and people are still mad? Because it portrays Africans in a fictional movie in a positive light? I bitch about comic book PC stuff all the time but being mad about The Black Panther is weird.
View Quote
Like Cage was good. Jessica Jones was better. I haven’t been bowled over by any of the Netflix stuff, but Daredevil was great.

Black Panther looks like the kids of the cast from Coming to America are pissed their parents didn’t make a serious movie.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#12]
That USAtoday article reads like many of the joke stories I read on Barstool and the Chive. I bet the movie is just as bad. Women of Wakanda hahahahaha
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll see it because I like to be entertained.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#14]
When the media has to go out of it's way to tell you how good something is you know it is actually shit
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't know the character was from before the terrorists.  I feel kinda dumb but I was never up on the superheros.  I guess I'll have to see it now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Iron Fist was a mess, I never finished it. The rest was okay, Defenders was weak, the ninja stuff is all from the 80s and seems old and tedious now even if it part of the "mythology" of the characters
View Quote
I was trying to forget Iron Fist. Ugh.

I’m on the fence about The Defenders. I really like The Hand storylines in the comic books and Stick has always been a favorite of mine.

The Punisher seemed weak to me.

I’d like to see an Elektra series on Netflix done dark and gritty like the Punisher.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't mind movies featuring black people, as long as thug life is not represented. To me thug life / hood behavior is disgusting, and 180 degrees what people SHOULD strive for.

They thug it up / SJW it and the only way ill watch it is bootleg / free, if at all.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Punisher needed more Punishing.
View Quote
And eyeball gouging.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Diversity.

Having all black actors in an all black film about a predominantly black country that all share the same political affiliation is not the definition of diversity; quite the contrary actually.

I'll probably watch it just like I do all marvel movies. I also don't expect much...
View Quote
I'm sure they will have some white main characters just like the black Asgardians.

(honestly I don't care either way, but the hypocrisy is laughable)
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm sure they will have some white main characters just like the black Asgardians.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Diversity.

Having all black actors in an all black film about a predominantly black country that all share the same political affiliation is not the definition of diversity; quite the contrary actually.

I'll probably watch it just like I do all marvel movies. I also don't expect much...

IIRC, there are two white characters.

One is a bad guy (Claw) and the other is Bilbo Watson.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm planning on seeing it.  Matinee with the lower crowd time.  I enjoyed the character in the comics and how he has been shown so far on the screen.  I do have some hesitation about Michael B Jordan in it as he contributed to the last FF disaster, however Chris Evans did the first two (ironically they both played the same role) and I don't know if I could watch Cap in any other actor right now.

If they stay truly "African" in culture it should be a solid film.  And it's Marvel, doesn't look like the genie is done kicking hits out of the bottle yet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The hate for this here is telling.
View Quote
What's it telling you?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Punisher needed more Punishing.
View Quote
Agreed
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What we need is a good Spawn remake.
View Quote
The comic was crap, the movie was crap, the design was crap. The entire concept was crap. Let it remain crap.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Oh, Claw the sonic guy, he's kind cool
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, there are two white characters.

One is a bad guy (Claw) and the other is Bilbo Watson.
I liked how The Beyonder used him to steal his powers back from Doctor Doom in Secret Wars.

Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is this going to be like how the media and lefties were framing last year's Super Bowl as the noble diverse left (Falcons) vs racist white patriarchy America (Patriots) and then they all lost their shit when Atlanta lost?
View Quote
I mean... thats why I rooted for the Pats.  And I dont even give a shit about football or Boston.  But if they (the media/left) wants to go there, Ill go there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Andy Serkis
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#34]
My cousin is a comic book guy and he had a good point.  A lot of these Marvel movies have villains that are basically clones of the protagonist.  Leads to a boring story.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The only black Superhero worth watching is Dolomite.
View Quote
Somehow you've overlooked my favorite.... Pootie Tang

Dirty Dee, you're a baddy daddy lamatai tebby chai!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The hate for this here is telling.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#37]
We Wuz Kangs the movie
I think I will pass,BP sucks as a superhero and I suspect there is only one reason this got made
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I just saw the trailer.  It made my head hurt.  I surmise it will be a “visually stunning” film, but will be so preoccupied with pushing a SJW message, the otherwise good story line will get washed out.

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created the character and story line so it has potential.  However, if people are expecting it to succeed like Ironman or the X-men, I hope they are ready for disappointment.  I see it on the same level as Ant Man or other B team marvel super heroes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#39]
I’ll see it at some point. It doesn’t feel as mandatory to me as some of the other movies but not every comic was mandatory for me either. Mainly because my entertainment dollars are not unlimited. Shoot, I still haven’t seen Logan and Wolverine is my favorite character.

Entertain me on Netflix or cable or something and I’ll be happy enough for the couple hours they have me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#41]
wuz...
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#42]
We wuz Kangz!!!

A hyper-advanced technological civilization hidden deep inside Africa?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't suspend *that much* disbelief.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I watched district 9. Now that movie is not far from being realistic.
View Quote
Would it surprise you to know that District 9 was about current events and racism in South Africa and not the apartheid of the past? The south African writer (I beliwvw) was shocked at how many people thought it was about the latter.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Only way to save their country was to be isolationist and build a way.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
We wuz Kangz!!!
View Quote
You know, the best part is that the Kangz never understand the irony of this.  Everyone was kangz.  Kangz is by far and away the most common form of government.  It's just they weren't Kangz of Egypt.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We wuz Kangz!!!

A hyper-advanced technological civilization hidden deep inside Africa?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't suspend *that much* disbelief.
View Quote
I'm not the first to point this out but is Asgard with Norse God more realistic?

I think the SJWs acting like Wakanda is real are funny but to act like Asgard is ok for a movie but Wakanda is a bridge to far for fiction does point to some tribal issues.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder why Marvel didn’t just film the Kingdom on location in Africa rather than rely solely on CGI?
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm not the first to point this out but is Asgard with Norse God more realistic?

I think the SJWs acting like Wakanda is real are funny but to act like Asgard is ok for a movie but Wakanda is a bridge to far for fiction does point to some tribal issues.
View Quote
If they treated it like a Thor/Asgard movie (IE Flash Gordon sort of thing except in Africa with Africans) I would go see it.

Instead they are hyping it with a bunch of Black Power crap so fuck them they aren't getting any of my money.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top