Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2023 10:09:04 PM EDT

Backstory: How did a German Christian wind up in Kazakhstan, a central Asian nation seventy percent Muslim? Well--his parents were "Black Sea Germans," ethnic German settlers along the Black Sea in Soviet Russia. After WW2, Stalin deported many of these Germans eastward to Siberia, and his Family to the Ural Mountains as 'punishment' for WW2. Bishop Schneider is Bishop of the capital city of Kazakhstan, Astana.

Of note: He is known for championing the pre-Vatican II liturgical traditions and practices of the Church and for protesting certain current policies, including some associated with Pope Francis. He pulls no punches. Schneider speaks German, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, English, French and Italian, and he reads Latin and Ancient Greek.

Bishop Athanasius Schneider Interview

Bio
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Funny hat but he is right.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
An outstanding and brave bishop. As I say to my wife on occasion, the LGBT agenda is the tip of the spear of the Marxist agenda. The Left doesn't care about those people personally. It's just another victim-group for the Left's assault on conservatives, families and Christianity.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Funny hat but he is right.
View Quote

It's called a biretta and it's better looking than a 92FS.

Quoted:
An outstanding and brave bishop.
View Quote

Indeed.  I cannot think of another current prelate who is more meek, sincerely loving, and patient while not compromising a scintilla of truth.  In that regard, I dare to compare him to St. Francis of Sales, against whose character even his theological opponents (Calvinists in Geneva) did not speak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top