Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2020 1:59:56 AM EDT
I haven't seen to talked about in the build it your self section yet and I feel that it is pertinent to this section of the forum.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?id=4D03B852-FDD0-46D3-8B9E-307AD75B763E

I find this part funny.
15 may fear to travel to or through certain parts of the
16 country due to concern about violent crime and gun
17 violence,
and law enforcement agencies may be un-
18 able to address it.
_______
Lol. The only areas of this country that people are afraid to travel through are the areas with the tightest gun control. Chicago, NYC, L.A.

I've read through the bill and I can't figure out, will it ban guns already made? Guns before 1968 weren't even marked.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Death by a thousand cuts.

Laughs in Lego.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a bunch of pre '68 GCA AR-15's with no manufacturer markings.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
you can bet this would force barrels bolts slides, and uppers to be serialized.

Buy a PSA rifle kit and a P80 Glock kit to squirrel away
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The text specifically calls out ''white supremacists'' as being the main reason this gun ban is urgently required. Racial politics at it's dumbest.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I read where they say "manufacture, sell" I don't see the word possession. It also mentions interstate commerce.
ETA: thanks to the Democrats, just watch as 80% receivers sell out around the country. I swear the Dems actually work for gun companies.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#6]
It is a bunch of BS.  What are they going to do, require every raw forging or billet to be serialized?

It is already illegal for prohibited people to build firearms.  Prohibited people generally won't try to pass a background check, they'll steal or buy black market.

Being a "white supremacist" may arguably be reprehensible, but it, in itself isn't illegal.  Lumping them in with other criminals is basically slander.  That shows the lack of moral character of liberals.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Make more 'criminals' who will be in for a penny in for a pound. Incrementalism works both ways.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:32:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]
It's sad that I posted this in the build it your self section to get people to take action and write to their senators, but the arfcom gods moved it to some obscure forum.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

P80s accelerated this.
View Quote

I agree. Also things like 3D printers and that push button CNC thing.
I'm a true craftsman. I enjoy tinkering with things, not just pushing a button.

But I also believe the second amendment absolutely protects your right to own a firearm, not only ones the government registers.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]
If they ban 80% Sten receivers only outlaws will have plumbing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top