Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My 10yo is reading Johnny Tremain
View Quote
Thanks. I'll look it up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]

So he's gonna attack Florida and South Dakota?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How many here actually read the whole 1776 thing?

I do enjoy how GD is mad at this. Do we, or do we not want the government teaching history? Cause the 1776 comission was government teaching history.
View Quote

Was anything about it not true? Was is worse than the 1619 project that has been proposed in certain areas? Until you can defund and eliminate the dept of edu you're gonna have government is school. Might as well have them learning a decent version of history instead of how the 1619 project portrays it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
President-elect Joe Biden's administration will rescind on his first day in office President Trump's "1776 Commission," an educational initiative designed to teach U.S. history from a patriotic perspective.

The commission, first announced in September, aimed to push back on the idea that the country is "irredeemably and systemically racist" and present an alternative to The New York Times' "1619 Project," which has been adopted as an educational tool in some U.S. schools, as well as other critical accounts of the early days of the nation.

Biden is expected to rescind the commission as part of a day one executive order to "advance racial equity." The Biden-Harris transition team said in a Wednesday press release that the 1776 Commission "has sought to erase America's history of racial injustice."

The two-year 1776 Commission would have published a report on the core principles of the nation and advised the federal government on how to prioritize founding principles in grants and other activities.

The executive order will also reverse a Trump-era policy limiting the ability of federal agencies, contractors and grantees to implement diversity and inclusion training.

"Additional actions in the coming weeks will restore and reinvigorate the federal government's commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility," the press release states.

In September, the administration ordered federal agencies to cease these types of trainings for federal employees after researcher Chris Rufo published documents showing how Sandia National Laboratories, a major nuclear lab, forced white male executives to undergo "white privilege" training, as he told Fox News' "Tucker Carlson Tonight" in August.

Rufo suggested that other institutions across the U.S., both large and small, may be adopting similar race training programs.

"I think through this kind of complex cultural construct that plays on human frailties and emotions and guilt, we've allowed this to really perpetuate all of our institutions," he told Carlson. "And I'm afraid that, at this time, it is almost everywhere from the smallest local school district in Tennessee or Kansas to the highest levels of the federal government."

M.E. Hart, an attorney who has conducted diversity training sessions for businesses and the federal government, told The Washington Post in September that these trainings can improve morale, cooperation and efficiency.

"If we are going to live up to this nation's promise -- 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal' -- we have to see each other as human beings, and we have to do whatever it takes, including taking whatever classes make that possible," Hart told the Post.

The Biden administration will also "direct every federal agency to undertake a baseline review of the state of equity within their agency and deliver an action plan within 200 days to address unequal barriers to opportunity in agency policies and programs."

View Quote

I stopped reading at "to advance racial equity".

Clown.

Shoes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just out of curiosity ....... what did you think he was going to do?

View Quote

Well for one, not ban bump stocks out of purely executive fiat.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#10]

I give Democrats credit; they get fucking results when they win elections.

I /wish/ Trump's first day had been similarly productive.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#11]
For the last 10 years I've taught my history class from a patriotic American exceptionalism stance. Gotta do my best to reverse some of the indoctrination English teachers do.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#12]
yay marxist critical race theory. The practice of singling people out for their race and gender and shaming them for it.
go america
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks. I'll look it up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 10yo is reading Johnny Tremain
Thanks. I'll look it up.

Maybe Rush's books for kids. Like Rush Revere.
I've been meaning to get ahold of these for my kid. Hes 12 now so maybe little old now.
I think but not sure , they're targeted for up to 10. Idk.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Biden rescinding 1776 is symbolic
View Quote

No, it is part of the culture war. What is taught about history matters.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I do enjoy how GD is mad at this. Do we, or do we not want the government teaching history? Cause the 1776 comission was government teaching history.
View Quote

You no doubt prefer the 1619 project.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Will he disband the 2A coalition too?
View Quote

Yes, and word is that he'll give you your bumpstock back.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Did any of you read the report the commission put out?  It was total drivel.
View Quote

Provide an example.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
President-elect Joe Biden's administration will rescind on his first day in office President Trump's "1776 Commission," an educational initiative designed to teach U.S. history from a patriotic perspective.

The commission, first announced in September, aimed to push back on the idea that the country is "irredeemably and systemically racist" and present an alternative to The New York Times' "1619 Project," which has been adopted as an educational tool in some U.S. schools, as well as other critical accounts of the early days of the nation.

Biden is expected to rescind the commission as part of a day one executive order to "advance racial equity." The Biden-Harris transition team said in a Wednesday press release that the 1776 Commission "has sought to erase America's history of racial injustice."

The two-year 1776 Commission would have published a report on the core principles of the nation and advised the federal government on how to prioritize founding principles in grants and other activities.

The executive order will also reverse a Trump-era policy limiting the ability of federal agencies, contractors and grantees to implement diversity and inclusion training.

"Additional actions in the coming weeks will restore and reinvigorate the federal government's commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility," the press release states.

In September, the administration ordered federal agencies to cease these types of trainings for federal employees after researcher Chris Rufo published documents showing how Sandia National Laboratories, a major nuclear lab, forced white male executives to undergo "white privilege" training, as he told Fox News' "Tucker Carlson Tonight" in August.

Rufo suggested that other institutions across the U.S., both large and small, may be adopting similar race training programs.

"I think through this kind of complex cultural construct that plays on human frailties and emotions and guilt, we've allowed this to really perpetuate all of our institutions," he told Carlson. "And I'm afraid that, at this time, it is almost everywhere from the smallest local school district in Tennessee or Kansas to the highest levels of the federal government."

M.E. Hart, an attorney who has conducted diversity training sessions for businesses and the federal government, told The Washington Post in September that these trainings can improve morale, cooperation and efficiency.

"If we are going to live up to this nation's promise -- 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal' -- we have to see each other as human beings, and we have to do whatever it takes, including taking whatever classes make that possible," Hart told the Post.

The Biden administration will also "direct every federal agency to undertake a baseline review of the state of equity within their agency and deliver an action plan within 200 days to address unequal barriers to opportunity in agency policies and programs."

View Quote

That's why my kids go to private school.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Just wait for the TPP to come back and for the US to join the ICC
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Of course that commie asshole will rescind it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The 1776 Commission was only instituted less than a week ago. If Trump gave a damn, why didn't he do this four years ago?
View Quote

It was created in September 2020
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. They don't let optics or the opposition get in the way. They just do it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I can't recommend a book for kids, but consider Appleseed
View Quote
Speaking of Appleseed, their website is currently not working.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was under the impression it was providing a resource, not a mandatory curriculum.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Double plus good
They say our chocolate ration is being increased from 350 grams to 330, next month.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It is also pretty childish to do stupid shit like set up the commission when he didn't actually give a fuck about what it was to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 1776 Commission was only instituted less than a week ago. If Trump gave a damn, why didn't he do this four years ago?

Sometimes in politics, you do things just so that your opponent has to publicly undo them, along with the optics of that.  Biden reversing everything Trump did right off the bat comes across as petty and childish (because it is petty and childish).
It is also pretty childish to do stupid shit like set up the commission when he didn't actually give a fuck about what it was to do.

"Has a probably hopeless mission" =/= "doesn't give a fuck," but assuming the absolute worst about people on 'your' side is typical of a burned out, envious, jaded, political failure.

Trump brought a lot of mainstream attention to the spread and significance of critical race theory (Marxism) in the federal government & public education, and this commission was the figure head/signpost of that effort.  He didn't do this 4 years ago because it wasn't until about six months ago that Sandia Labs scientist blew the whistle on the Maoist struggle sessions he & his colleagues were being subjected to, funded with tax dollars.  It's doomed to failure & most a publicity thing, because he has so little support among the 'facilitators' in the government.

Much like you and your efforts to promote gun rights in Florida.  But clearly you didn't give a fuck about that effort because but had no lasting impact.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Clown.

Shoes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clown.

Shoes.

Not clown shoes; code for Marxism.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#28]
what happened to all the judges Trump appointed? None of them can block even one of these?
What the shit?

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I was under the impression it was providing a resource, not a mandatory curriculum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you hear congress maintains a library?  Propaganda! Goebbels!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
what happened to all the judges Trump appointed? None of them can block even one of these?
What the shit?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F68%2F34%2F33%2F6834333817a7856212bdf5f9af4a4688.png&f=1&nofb=1
View Quote

We're seeing that Mitch's emphasis on judicial appointments was mostly a way to avoid actual policy
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"Has a probably hopeless mission" =/= "doesn't give a fuck," but assuming the absolute worst about people on 'your' side is typical of a burned out, envious, jaded, political failure.

Trump brought a lot of mainstream attention to the spread and significance of critical race theory (Marxism) in the federal government & public education, and this commission was the figure head/signpost of that effort.  He didn't do this 4 years ago because it wasn't until about six months ago that Sandia Labs scientist blew the whistle on the Maoist struggle sessions he & his colleagues were being subjected to, funded with tax dollars.  It's doomed to failure & most a publicity thing, because he has so little support among the 'facilitators' in the government.

Much like you and your efforts to promote gun rights in Florida.  But clearly you didn't give a fuck about that effort because but had no lasting impact.
View Quote

And the 1619 project began in August 2019, and it took awhile for that to get the attention it deserved. It was a slow burn as various historians attacked its falsehoods. In many case it was liberal or left historians who nonetheless were basically honest, but who were polite in their criticism.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#33]
FJB
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes in politics, you do things just so that your opponent has to publicly undo them, along with the optics of that.  Biden reversing everything Trump did right off the bat comes across as petty and childish (because it is petty and childish).

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#37]
My kids will go to a school that does not receive DOE money.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was a trap left by Trump.

Naturally Xiden walked right into it. Unclear if it will have any sort of impact but the post election/lame duck Trump seemed to be all about pointing out hypocrisy and the true agenda of the political class.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

He would be on impeachment 4-5 before his term ended.
And there is/was also Hawaii judge to contend with.
But yeah, I agree.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fucking give it up already...

It was idiotic to rescind it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I would expect no less from this piece of shit .
View Quote

Yep. Troubled times ahead my friends.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#42]
democrats wanting to use noncitizens to gain power?  ya dont say.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Can anyone recommend a good book for middle school grades that will do this? We need to teach it ourselves.
View Quote

Get Rush’s kids books, they are great stories in them. I have donated a couple sets to the local library.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Oh, goody!

Now wherever you turn you can experience the DMV.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top