Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2024 6:49:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LineOfDeparture]
just looking for some recommendations for a new fish tank for our Betta fish. The current one is acrylic and is starting to get cloudy, the material, not the water.

The tank is on the kitchen counter so it can get a bit drafty due to the back door and the kids going in and out, so I think glass is out. Any recommendations for well made small tanks... no bigger than 3 gallons, that don't cloud up so much?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]

How old is the tank?

We have an acrylic tank in front foyer about 4' from the front door that's 2.5 yrs old.

It gets sunlight on it and traffic all day and it's just as clear as when new.

Only one male beta in the tank.

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Betta. And chili has beans.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By its2234me:
Betta. And chili has beans.
View Quote

1 out of 2 ain't bad.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:13:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LineOfDeparture] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dogrobber13:

How old is the tank?

We have an acrylic tank in front foyer about 4' from the front door that's 2.5 yrs old.

It gets sunlight on it and traffic all day and it's just as clear as when new.

Only one male beta in the tank.

View Quote

About 6 months. It's not in direct sunlight.

ETA pics

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want the imo arfcom tier 1 of premade small aquariums - ultum nature systems rimless

https://ultumnaturesystems.com/rimless-glass-tanks/
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't ever get tempted to breed Bettas, they're really easy to breed. I did and what a headache, I ended up with more than I could house.  Betta don't normally like to share tanks, I was lucky and managed a few community tanks but for the most part I had to divide tanks and at one point had over a dozen tanks each divided into 3, plus a few community tanks. I never had the issue of cloudy tank "glass" that you describe but then again I was using normal glass aquariums. They're a cool fish though. They can live for quite a while. I've had some last over 5 years.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Minimum I'd say for an adult betta is 5g, that little bowl is entirely too small.
5g tank
Play sand substrate
And some actual plants.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top