Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2022 1:36:58 PM EDT
Hey y'all,

My wife got pulled into doing a half-marathon run with some work friends in Indianapolis, and I'll be going even though I'm not taking part in the marathon.  This month is our 10 year wedding anniversary.  The end of the month is looking to be really busy for both of us, so she has hinted that she wants to celebrate our anniversary while we're in Indy next weekend.

I have a couple of reservations made at some fancy looking steakhouses, but I haven't actually been to any of them.  I'd like to hear if GD has some recommendations for fancy/delicious/romantic restaurants in or around the city.  A steakhouse that has a seafood tower of some sort and some fancy cocktails is usually our go-to for anniversary dinners, but we like all types of foods.  She likes fancy "modern Mexican" as well, and we both love good Thai, sushi, farm-to-table, southern kitchens, and pretty much any other type of restaurant or eating experiences... as long as it's good.

So watcha got?  Don't forget the vibes need to be dark and romantic regardless of what type of food they're serving!  Think dark speakeasy style with candles, dim lighting, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
pics of work friends?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The 1933 Lounge sounds a bit like what you're looking for. It's not overly romantic but it's great food in a speakeasy vibe. I think the eagle nest it's probably the most anniversary restaurant in Indy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:51:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Harry & Izzy's
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
St. Elmo’s
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
We went to St. Elmo's for our 20th.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
St Elmos would work, but I'm not terribly familiar with Indy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]
The Mousetrap
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Auberge in Whitestown has good French food.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Bynum's
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#10]
ST. ELMOS

best steak house evar

shrimp cocktail

porterhouse

fuggeddaboutit
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Hooters
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Elmo’s.

/thread
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#13]
For a pre dinner or post dinner cocktail, the Whiskey Exchange.  Harry and Izzy’s would be my choice for dinner.

The Hilton by that capital has large rooms with plenty of towels if you get my drift
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Elmo's.

/thread
View Quote
Wife and I would go to St Elmos after the Monumental Marathon. Great steaks, the only appetizer is the Shrimp cocktail or a salad, just a heads up. Harry and Izzy's is owned by the same group but has a bigger menu if that matters to you. Would recommend both place as great to eat, St Elmos might be a touch more private.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
pics of work friends?
View Quote
Older dude she manages and his daughter... not what you're thinking, but I like where your head is at.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#16]
St. Elmo's, because nothing says "I love you" like a big juicy steak and a shrimp cocktail with enough horseradish to clear your sinuses for a week.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#17]
These two have grabbed my attention:

The Oceanaire Seafood Room  Looks damn good from the pictures in the Google reviews.

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse  $145 Seafood tower... yum

Anyone care to comment on either of these two establishments?

Lots of recommendations for St. Elmo's, but I agree the menu isn't that expansive and my lady likes her variety and different flavors.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Nothing say romantic like a good Titty bar
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#19]
City Barbecue
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#20]
St. Elmo's, one of my favorite restaurants in the country.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nothing say romantic like a good Titty bar
View Quote
Next weekend is technically NOT our anniversary.  I'll see what I can get away with.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#22]
"romantic"

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the correct answer, how gay are you?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
St. Elmo's, because nothing says "I love you" like a big juicy steak and a shrimp cocktail with enough horseradish to clear your sinuses for a week.
View Quote

horseradish!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#24]
The steak and lemonade on keystone

In all seriousness Bakersfield is very good modern Mexican
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"romantic"

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the correct answer, how gay are you?
View Quote

LOL... impossible.  I literally can't have dreams about anything other than pussy.  If I go 2 days without getting laid, I become crazed and desperate for it.  My wife knows I'd be a cheating dog if she wasn't sexy and didn't put out as much as she does.

I'm probably the least "romantic" person on the planet, if I'm being honest.  I don't like having to make reservations or go out of my way to make work and stress out of normal human activities like eating food.  I also dread family vacations and trying to pretend like I want to do what other people want to do.  I like doing whatever the fuck I want to do when I want to do it.  According to my wife, "I don't have a romantic bone in my body."  She's not wrong.

That being said, I'm not retarded, and I'd like to continue getting laid by my wife on the regular.  I just know I'm going to be in the dog house if I don't do anything for this 10 year anniversary weekend.  And I don't usually do jack shit for our anniversaries.. she always ends up planning the dinners and making any arrangements.  I just show up and tell her she looks sexy.  It has worked for me all this time, but I'm not about to push my luck this time around!

Top Top