Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2020 1:00:04 AM EDT
Does Kentucky have anything like Wisconsin's Wilenet where most departments advertise job openings?

Either they don't or my google-fu is weak.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I’d be willing to bet most agencies in KY are hiring. Just figure out where you want to be and put in applications. Bet Louisville is hiring
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#2]
My Nephew works for the DOC in KY.

I'll ask him if there's a job search site there when he answers my text....
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does Kentucky have anything like Wisconsin's Wilenet where most departments advertise job openings?

Either they don't or my google-fu is weak.
View Quote

@Towely

Kentucky Personnel Portal

There's a job search function on there that lists what's available.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty much EVERYBODY is hiring right now.  We can't get shit for candidates.  Retired guys are almost able to write their own contract.  What part of KY are you looking at?
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Everywhere is hiring
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty much EVERYBODY is hiring right now.  We can't get shit for candidates.  Retired guys are almost able to write their own contract.  What part of KY are you looking at?
View Quote

Just started looking but honestly anywhere where a cop or deputy salary is enough and land is cheap enough that we could get on 40 acres with a decent whitetail population.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a few Federal Prisons in KY. Lots of jobs other than Correctional Officer that you might qualify for depending on your skills.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Louisville metro is always hiring. But your not going to want to live there. If you don’t mind driving that’s a good option.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#9]
A bit of a thread hi-jack...: How long are corrections officer schools most places these days?
Are there any jurisdictions when you are retired or separated mil NCO or Officer that give you a shorter Academy?
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A bit of a thread hi-jack...: How long are corrections officer schools most places these days?
Are there any jurisdictions when you are retired or separated mil NCO or Officer that give you a shorter Academy?
View Quote

It’ll depend on the state but if you have MIL LE experience you MAY be able to avoid the academy all together. Any other MIL experience other than LE won’t qualify.  

Most,if not all states, set the standards for being certified as an officer in that state. An agency can exceed those standards but cannot reduce those standards.

Corrections academies are usually shorter from what I have seen. It’s not really true corrections but my county’s detention academy is 1 week long with several months of field training after that. My state’s corrections academies are longer....I think maybe 3 months. Min police academy is 6 months.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Your best bet is the website to specific cities/departments. Lexington is probably the best city to work for and I've known several people who were already certified officers with years of experience leave their department, go through another academy (Lexington has their own academy that is seperate from where other towns send their new hires), and start all over just to get on with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top