Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2022 11:58:02 AM EDT
I use Strong to track workouts and want one that can help me with my nutrition/macros BUT I am not interested in paying a monthly subscription and dont need a "diet counselling" service.  I eat real food and dont need to scan bar codes. I also dont want something to tell me Im eating too much protein and that red meat is bad like Noom appears to be focused.

I want something into which I put my targets and inputs for cal, protein, fat, and carbs so I can track and be more disciplined in my food.  

I dont mind paying for something that works, but dont want to pay a subscription or for a bunch of crap I dont need/want.  I need/want a decent self management tool so I dont have to carry a notebook and pencil around with me.

Any recommendations?

I havent been in this forum for a while and came thinking for sure there would be a tacked thread with the top apps, but maybe they change too frequently.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
MyFitnessPal used to do all of this, but I haven’t used it in a long time. I think it will do what you want, but macros cost money. They have barcode scan AND you can just take a picture of the food and it is supposed to identify. Might be worth a free trial…
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Had been using MFP for years until they started cramming it with ads.

Just switched over to Cronometer. Free. Simple. Haven’t used it that much, though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been using Lose it! for about 12 years. I have been happy with it. I have the subscription but I cannot remember wether it is required to track specific nutrients.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I currently use MyPlate. It also scans bar codes and seems to have a pretty extensive database (probably same as MFP).
It lets you track fat, protein, carbs with the free version, but if you want more detailed I guess you have to pay.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Macrofactor is by far the best nutrition tracking app available. It's not free, but if you're seriously trying to track, it's definitely worth the $6/mo.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/macrofactor/

Top Top