Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2019 8:20:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The Citi Costco Visa is really hard to beat.

What categories do you spend the most in, that will help narrow it down, as well as what perks you’re looking for.

There’s no one best CC, it really depends on what you’re spending the most on. I wish my vendors took CC, I spend $100k a month
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Costco citi give 4% back on fuel up to $7,000 then 1%
3% on restaurants
1% everything else
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out the Points Guy site. He ranks cards and gives a dollar value to their points. His are all travel rewards cards. At 20000 a month you could get a couple nice trips a year.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Since your largest expense that even goes into a reward category that is greater than 1%, I'd get the Costco Visa. I know you're based out of Lancaster, and the closest Costco is Easton, it's still a great return. If you're an Executive member, you get an additional 2% on Costco purchases, so your return on fuel purchases made there are 6% cash back.

Travel rewards cards are a different animal if you DO travel a lot for work or pleasure. If that's one of your ideal rewards, I'd get the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Capital one Spark Card- $95/year annual but 2% cash back on every purchase. You're talking $400 per month in cash back on your account.

Yes, they do the same BS to me- They  locked my card down when I made a 5K purchase from a supplier I order from all the time. Every Month I have to make multiple payments to the same utility company . They text me and ask if I meant to do that almost every time.   You would think their software would catch on after a while to my purchase habits. Its a little aggravating but 2% cash back adds up quick.  Service is good too. I just had a card security breach and they overnighted me another card at no charge.

Clark Howard recommends using a personal card for business expenses as the fraud prevention protection is greater, but Capital one assures me I'm covered in the event of fraud.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got my Citi Double Cash and holy shit they are relentless with the fraud protection. Like every third transaction get me a call, text and email for fraud protection. I thought it was just because I’m new with them but is this normal for them?

I appreciate it to an extent but it’s been annoying.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 4:57:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got my Citi Double Cash and holy shit they are relentless with the fraud protection. Like every third transaction get me a call, text and email for fraud protection. I thought it was just because I’m new with them but is this normal for them?

I appreciate it to an extent but it’s been annoying.
View Quote
Not normal. I use my double cash card for about 1 mil in annual purchases. The only time mine gets flagged for fraud is at holiday gas stations. Then its just a simple text to have the card working again.  Another thing to consider for big CC spenders is that business purchases can be made on a personal credit card and when your company reimburses you the credit card rewards (2% cash back) are sheltered from income tax
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 6:52:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not normal. I use my double cash card for about 1 mil in annual purchases. The only time mine gets flagged for fraud is at holiday gas stations. Then its just a simple text to have the card working again.  Another thing to consider for big CC spenders is that business purchases can be made on a personal credit card and when your company reimburses you the credit card rewards (2% cash back) are sheltered from income tax
View Quote
Good to know, must just be because I’m new to them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I've had a Capital One Spark Business card for 4 years.  Haven't had one issue yet.

Only complaint I guess would be the annual fee.  There must be a 2% back card with no fees, I just haven't shopped around.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've had a Capital One Spark Business card for 4 years.  Haven't had one issue yet.

Only complaint I guess would be the annual fee.  There must be a 2% back card with no fees, I just haven't shopped around.
View Quote
Citi Double Cash has 2% and no fee.

I believe the Fidelity Card is also 2% and no fee. Money goes into a Fidelity brokerage account, though.
Top Top