BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
True. Buy a commercial unit with True refrigeration.

True makes the refrigeration for every soda-pop machine you've ever seen and a large segment of the cold boxes in restaurants, bars, and convenience stores.

True has a suzy-homemaker line of units too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about electrolux?
View Quote
Same as Fridgidaire.

We have the professional series and like it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think there is a new best refrigerator, for the same reason there isn't a new best AC or dishwasher. Govt.
For refrigeraton the govt. outlawed the good freon, to save the ozone, so you have to run the current refrigerant at higher pressures to get the same temp drop. The compressors are not up to snuff, especially that LG scroll compressor bs.
I have a Samsung French door, freezer bottom. Everything works fine except the ice maker. First of all its noisy. It does a defrost thing or something and pops very loud. We have an open floor plan with the master off the living room. Several nights I woke up sure someone just broke in, nope, ice make defrost. It still freezes up. At least once a month I have to get a big knife and chip ice for 5 minutes or so to get it to make ice again. The reservoir on the ice maker is also puny, and if you want a glass of crushed ice prepare for a 30 second wait for it to grind up that much.

Before this we rented a newish house that had an LG. Worked fine, except the plastic was already pealing up around the ice maker/water control buttons. The problem with it was the bottom freezer drawer would frost up behind it. This would stop some fan from spinning and then it would, get this, shut itself down. So everything defrosted. Thank god we had a garage chest freezer and were home the first time that happened.

Whirlpool used to have the best ice maker. They've probably found a way to cheapen it.

Dishwashers suck because the govt. cut down the amount of water they're allowed to use.
https://cei.org/content/cei-petition-department-energy-dishwasher-cycle-times
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks to both of you, picking it up tonight.  Only problem is the closest place that had it in stock is an hour drive.  Better than waiting a week or more.

Other than the sliding freezer door, it is very similar to the current whirlpool GB22DK it's replacing.
View Quote
No problem. I have this conversation almost everyday with people. Always want to try and help someone If I can
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Went back to Kitchenaid.  Thanks to all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I had zero issues with my samsung fridge in 10 years.  Sold it with my last house about 4 months ago.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had zero issues with my samsung fridge in 10 years.  Sold it with my last house about 4 months ago.
View Quote
Obviously you are one of few.  Everyone I know is bitching about Samsung.

I will never buy Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, ever again.  My $2800 Maytag went hot at 13 months and the repair bill was going to be over $1500 so I bought a new GE for $900.  Whirlpool was of no help and the repairman said they had seen tons of the Maytags and Whirlpools with the same problems.  Every appliance in my house is Maytag and they lost a lifelong customer.  The GE has worked as expected.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top