Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2018 6:14:08 PM EDT
Is there a place in your area where you can walk in and be measured for a custom made suit? I’m not talking about Men’s Warehouse where off the rack pants are taken in or let out. I mean a tailored suit made from individual panels. Where and how much?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, starts around $500.00 and depending material and style can go up quite a bit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in korea, so yes, but also back home in Kentucky. There are a few mom and pop proper tailors there, but it's more around $2k.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you want true bespoke or Made to measure (MTM)?

Big diff in price. You could get a decent MTM for $500-700.

Full bespoke will start at $2k and go up rapidly depending on your market.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, starts around $500.00 and depending material and style can go up quite a bit.
View Quote
That’s very reasonable. The prices I’ve been quoted were 2k - 2.5k to start.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do you want true bespoke or Made to measure (MTM)?

Big diff in price. You could get a decent MTM for $500-700.

Full bespoke will start at $2k and go up rapidly depending on your market.
View Quote
True, not mtm.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
There are several tailor shops that will make custom suits in the Vietnamese and the Chinese shopping centers in parts of Dallas that will do that. The last time I checked, about 10 years ago, the prices back then started out at $1,000. They didn't advertise in the American newspapers or on TV back then, and still don't. I used to work Asian crime back then and came upon some of these stores while perusing the various Asian shopping centers that the gangsters and others frequented.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, local tailor.
He has bolts of cloth in his shop and will order others as wanted.
Suit details are up to you.

Starts at $800 and goes up from there depending on fabric and style/details.

Very nice suits that fit and drape well.  He offers lifetime alterations on the suit.
He is in his 60’s so that benefit may
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just bought a custom suit from Jos A Banks for 300 on sale, the 1905 line.  he measured me and put the order in, not off the rack and tailored.

Is that MTM or bespoke?
View Quote
That's MTM I'm guessing there is no 1905 line or anything product line for Bespoke. For true bespoke you pick the fabric, color, pattern, weight, every aspect of the suite is chosen and it will take 6 to 8 weeks normally and involve 2 to 4 fittings by the tailor along the way. Lots of hand work and small details.

MTM has more limited options, maybe pick your color and/or pattern within a certain product line, fewer options than bespoke and usually one fitting after the suite is done, probably done in Asia, you will have a fitting and they will make any nessesary adjustments locally by their in house tailor.

This does not mean you will get a bad suite or anything. I know here in Dallas there are a couple of places to get actual  bespoke but your talking $5k, maybe a little less but not much.
Not everyone can swing that, I sure as heck can't, so MTM is a great compromise and is a huge step up from a OTR options. You will be better dressed than 90% out there. I just looked JosA Banks custom 1905 up and looks like a great option. 40 different fabric options is a lot for somethimg like this and it seems like some other good options. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top