Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2023 1:47:58 PM EDT
Check to see if you live in a 2A sanctuary state. There are many states and counties that have resolutions on the books to not provide support of any kind to federal agencies in pursuit of firearms violations. I think this could be a very useful tool to those of us that are not so quick to roll over when the feds say to, like so many are. The willingness and what sometimes seems to be eagerness to surrender to what the government says to do by people in the gun community is really disheartening to see. It’s also disheartening to see how those who say they will not give anything up and will not comply are shunned and talked to like their crazy by fellow gun owners. If someone says they will not comply and would rather fight, be glad there is someone who is willing to fight because so many would rather just do what they’re told and allow our rights to be stripped slowly, although at what seems to me to be a slightly more aggressive pace. State level protection that some states have given gun owners can be critical in these times of bureaucratic over reach, in my opinion

https://sanctuarycounties.com
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What's the tally of wins and losses in the battle of Feds v. Sanctuary States/Counties?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JWnTN:
What's the tally of wins and losses in the battle of Feds v. Sanctuary States/Counties?
View Quote

Look at the tally of wins for Immigration Sanctuary cities and states. Then again, did they really win?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JWnTN:
View Quote

Honestly I have no idea and to me personally, it’s not relevant. It’s a barrier that people should take advantage of. The atf doesn’t have the manpower or resources to come after a large amount of people without the assistance of the state. They only have 5500 people employed and either 1/2 or 1/3 of them are administrative positions. I will say if your county has a resolution but your state doesn’t , it would probably be pointless. I just think people should be putting every available resource to use for these issues.

Are you implying that if the success rate isn’t “high enough” then it shouldn’t even be considered?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top