Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2023 12:48:34 AM EDT
Hey all,

Not sure if this is OK, but looking to sell, trade, whatever, my beer collection.  Open to any offers.  Attached is a sample picture of about a quarter of what I have.

Please let me know if this is inappropriate, or, if it needs to be moved.

Thanks,

S&N
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
How much for the KBS? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it possible to put a list together of what you have?

Looks like I’m seeing a lot of lost abbey.  Got anything from anchorage, bottle logic, or goose?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Working on a list, here are some more pictures.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Holy shit, you have some nice stuff!
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!  Collected for a long time, then kinda lost my taste for the "bigger" beers.  Been holding it for a while, and figured it was time to re-home it to somewhere it would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#8]
What a fantastic collection.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m definitely interested in the Avery’s, goose, and alesmith
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#11]
So, multiple ways to clean out beer...

Easiest is to just drink it

Tried a few tonight, and thought I would report on the results.

These included a 2006 Lagunitas Gnarlywine, a 2006 Troegs Mad Elf, and a 2007 Deschutes The Abyss.

First, none jumped out of the bottle and tried to kill me.  No scary smells, no chunky pours, a universal lack of carbonation -- but some caveats on that point.

Tried the Mad Elf first.  12 oz. bottle, standard cap.  No carbonation at all.  11% ABV, was originally quite hoppy when fresh.  Hops were gone, cherry flavor still present, some oxidation (cardboard flavor).  Not bad at all, but clearly past it's prime.

Tried the Gnarlywine next.  22 oz. bottle, standard cap.  Slight hint of carbonation when opened, but still a very flat pour.  Hops were gone, decent flavor, came across as more of an old ale.

Finally, opened the Deschutes.  22 oz. bottle, standard cap, but waxed.  More than a hint of carbonation, and some actual bubbles when poured.  I don't recall if this was particularly hoppy back in the day, but, if so, that had dropped out.  Silky smooth, with flavors of coffee and chocolate.  Enjoyed this one, and it had held up much better than the others.

Will try more, and post results.  If anyone else has "vintage" beers, and would like to contribute, feel free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top