Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2020 1:36:24 PM EDT
Im slowly putting together some gear, and lookin at holsters for a battle belt. So far Ive looked at Safariland and G Code?

It will be for a G19, light and possibly a RDS. If it can hold a G17 as well, even better but not necessary
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Safariland 6354 D0. Fits my Glock 19 with an RMR and Streamlight really well. Great retention but quick to unholster. Works great. Fits without the RDS but not as well without the light.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have G-Code products and I love them.  I 'compete' with a M&P PC 9mm with RDS and the holster fits perfectly.  I also like the quick disconnect that the holster has, so when I switch to rifle comps, I don't need to unthread the holster from the belt.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
G Code and dont forget to put Loctite  on the screws.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
DSG holster for my P226.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 6354DO and a G-Code (without retention).

Both are great. I do find myself favoring the G-Code more but that's because it's faster for competing with and less bulky.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
6005 Safariland for my Wilson 92G
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys. After picking a holster and the accessories for mounting to a belt and MOLLE, looks like theyre about equal in price.

How are the interfaces of the RTI vs the QLS? Is one more sturdy, faster, etc?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Safariland ALS
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Safariland if you want retention and G-Code if you don't.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I could recommend Safariland, 6280, SLS, Level 2 Retention Duty Holster for the G17 as a start.  Just look up the equivalent for the G19.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I like Safariland QLS attachment system, but don't use Safariland holsters. UBL mid ride is my preferred drop.

T-Rex Arms Ragnarok
Midwest Tactical Solutions - I like his options as he has level 3 holsters....if that is something you are looking for

Have used G-Code for IWB holsters, but never on a battle belt set up. No complaints about the IWB holsters I have.

This is a good start if you are not sure of what you want to do with your setup.....https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/War-Belt-1st-Line-Picture-Thread/10-285299/
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have G-Code products and I love them.  I 'compete' with a M&P PC 9mm with RDS and the holster fits perfectly.  I also like the quick disconnect that the holster has, so when I switch to rifle comps, I don't need to unthread the holster from the belt.
View Quote
^^^^  This!!!  I have G-code Scorpion pistol and rifle mag holders on a High Speed Gear slim battle belt (laser cut).  It took a while to configure how I wanted, but now that is is done a tested though a handful of pistol and carbine courses, I am happy.

Both the High Speed Gear and G-code stuff are very high quality, prices to match!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I use a Safariland ALS on GCode RTI hardware (the 'duty drop,' I think) for G19 + TLR VIR2.

Works perfectly.  But, things to be aware of:

1) In order to secure the gun, the holster locks up against the barrel hood cutout, and has a small strut to hold the muzzle.  It will NOT work with extended/threaded barrels, compensators, or anything else that extends forward of the slide.
2) Because of the hood lockup, it may not work with some aftermarket barrels that have a larger breech area than stock.  Everything I've seen commonly (eg LW) has worked, but something to be aware of.
3) Taller than stock front sights may drag on the locking mechanism and shave small bits of plastic.
4) The GCode hardware does NOT have adjustable cant.  I don't think you need it, but there it is.
5) The standard ALS 6xxx-something holster will not work with optics.  It'll fit almost any light that doesn't have a lower laser fin, but optics are a separate holster.  That's the "DO" models, and they can be significantly more expensive.

You should settle on the gun configuration first, and then choose the Safariland that will fit it.  GCode is good no matter what, their universal pattern hanger fits on all Safariland holsters, and is absolutely recommended.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I like Safariland QLS attachment system, but don't use Safariland holsters. UBL mid ride is my preferred drop.

T-Rex Arms Ragnarok
Midwest Tactical Solutions - I like his options as he has level 3 holsters....if that is something you are looking for

Have used G-Code for IWB holsters, but never on a battle belt set up. No complaints about the IWB holsters I have.

This is a good start if you are not sure of what you want to do with your setup.....https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/War-Belt-1st-Line-Picture-Thread/10-285299/
View Quote
Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I use a Safariland ALS on GCode RTI hardware (the 'duty drop,' I think) for G19 + TLR VIR2.

Works perfectly.  But, things to be aware of:

1) In order to secure the gun, the holster locks up against the barrel hood cutout, and has a small strut to hold the muzzle.  It will NOT work with extended/threaded barrels, compensators, or anything else that extends forward of the slide.
2) Because of the hood lockup, it may not work with some aftermarket barrels that have a larger breech area than stock.  Everything I've seen commonly (eg LW) has worked, but something to be aware of.
3) Taller than stock front sights may drag on the locking mechanism and shave small bits of plastic.
4) The GCode hardware does NOT have adjustable cant.  I don't think you need it, but there it is.
5) The standard ALS 6xxx-something holster will not work with optics.  It'll fit almost any light that doesn't have a lower laser fin, but optics are a separate holster.  That's the "DO" models, and they can be significantly more expensive.

You should settle on the gun configuration first, and then choose the Safariland that will fit it.  GCode is good no matter what, their universal pattern hanger fits on all Safariland holsters, and is absolutely recommended.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. Since I have several G19s, the only difference in their configurations would be the RDS, both will have lights. No threaded barrels or compensators.

Someone earlier mentioned DSG, and they have a model that will handle the light and RDS/no RDS and it can be used with multiple brand mounting systems
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I love my RDR holster for my 34. I'm sure they can make you a light bearing one if you ask.

ETA: whatever you pick, make sure it works with a Safariland UBL mid ride and use one of them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I really like my Safariland. It has the release you hit with your finger instead of your thumb, and I can draw from it quickly. Shitty thing is they don't make that model for weaponlights.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#18]
6354DO on mine. There are a lot of right answers, but Safariland is the standard.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Safariland 7378 here, really like it but don't think it works with RDS
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I think Safariland has to have the worst website ever when it comes to searching models down
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Safariland ALS with the MLS plates.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think Safariland has to have the worst website ever when it comes to searching models down
View Quote
They really do. Took me a long time to figure out what I wanted. And none of that figuring out took place on their site.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agree. Their website is fucking useless.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep. So many models. So many configurations.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Safariland ALS with flex adapter and single strap leg shroud
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#26]
TREX Rag for thee

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Blackhawk T-Series (Link).

It offers retention that I prefer, but speed of a non-retention holster. I prefer retention for dynamic movement, not combatant take-away's. When you establish your grip, the inward pressure of your thumb disengages the retention. If you like Streamlight, you can go light bearing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Battle Belt? I have a Bianchi GI Issue one on my LBE if that's what you're asking about.

Or a Galco Combat Master or Galco Royal Guard for every day carrying.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm a big safariland guy.  I have a 6xxx ALS and SLS riding in a G-code RTI.  I also have a RTI mount in my truck when I want to keep a pistol in my center console (this is a super neat trick, btw....keeps the gun out of the way but also super fast to draw...while also letting me yank it and toss it on my battle belt if I want).

I want to go to a 7ts and safariland QD system, but honestly I'm not in a huge rush to do it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I scored a couple Safariland off the EE. Works good with the low/flex thing and single leg strap. The other is a low ride no strap and pulls a little on draw.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've got a Safariland 6354 D0. Fits my Glock 19 with an RMR and Streamlight really well. Great retention but quick to unholster. Works great. Fits without the RDS but not as well without the light.
View Quote
This and only this.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Safariland if you want retention and G-Code if you don't.
View Quote
This

Mine.. G-Code

Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I use a Safariland GLS. I like how several guns fit easily and I didn't have to train to unlock it. I just grab the pistol and up it comes. Not as secure as ALS or another thumb drive but I'm not worried about grappling with a perp, I don't want to bouncing out on the atv or a casual grab attempt.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Safariland is the standard
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#35]
A few different Ragnarok’s and a Safariland on the way for my G19/17.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top