Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2023 6:03:40 PM EDT
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ban-on-marijuana-users-owning-guns-is-unconstitutional-u-s-judge-rules/ar-AA17aFd2
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
dupe
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd rather see the information from a real news source instead of instead of fake news like MSN
https://www.theepochtimes.com/federal-law-banning-marijuana-users-from-having-firearms-is-unconstitutional-judge-rules_5034958.html

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tripntx:
I'd rather see the information from a real news source instead of instead of fake news like MSN
https://www.theepochtimes.com/federal-law-banning-marijuana-users-from-having-firearms-is-unconstitutional-judge-rules_5034958.html

View Quote

"The Epoch Times" is hardly a "real" news site in the traditional sense, what with it being owned and operated by the Falun Gong, a very far right Chinese philosophical organization but be that as it may, here is the report from the AP:

https://apnews.com/article/us-supreme-court-oklahoma-state-government-new-orleans-city-c79d6fedc97ba657d2cab17f59354a95
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as the question remains on the 4473 though nothing will change.

" “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug or any other controlled substance?"
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Embracing Marijuana has been the most annoying change in Conservative culture that I've ever witnessed.
I have to keep my windows closed because my pothead neighbors won't stop doing it in their backyard, and I'm downwind of them.
All the other neighbors complain about it, but there's nothing we can do.
It's like smoking.
I'm a former smoker and feel bad for what I once put my family, friends and neighbors through.
After all the propaganda the Lefties spread about the benefits of Pot, people, including Conservatives, actually think it's safe to inhale a foreign substance into your lungs.
I don't care if you smoke or do pot, but I draw the line at your vice placing a dent on my quality of life.
It's selfish.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
So what happens now if someone admits to using marijuana on the 4473?  Does their application to purchase the firearm get denied, or will it be approved?
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Genin:
So what happens now if someone admits to using marijuana on the 4473?  Does their application to purchase the firearm get denied, or will it be approved?
View Quote

The FFL has to deny the sale.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Arkady_Kobach:
As long as the question remains on the 4473 though nothing will change.

" “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug or any other controlled substance?"
View Quote

Maybe dump a unconstitutional form that infringes on the 2A?!
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By n0zzle:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

nOzzle,
Thanks for the answer...I don't use it, I was just curious what would happen in view of the court decision.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#10]

nOzzle,
Thanks for the answer...I don't use it, I was just curious what would happen in view of the court decision.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

nOzzle,

Nothing changes for the FFL, until the Supremes weigh in, and that doesn't happen until another Circuit Court rules it is constitutional.  Creating a split.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Kokodude:
Embracing Marijuana has been the most annoying change in Conservative culture that I've ever witnessed.
I have to keep my windows closed because my pothead neighbors won't stop doing it in their backyard, and I'm downwind of them.
All the other neighbors complain about it, but there's nothing we can do.
It's like smoking.
I'm a former smoker and feel bad for what I once put my family, friends and neighbors through.
After all the propaganda the Lefties spread about the benefits of Pot, people, including Conservatives, actually think it's safe to inhale a foreign substance into your lungs.
I don't care if you smoke or do pot, but I draw the line at your vice placing a dent on my quality of life.
It's selfish.
View Quote

Yup.  I appreciate it when my neighbors use edibles.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Potheads are potheads…eat your munchies and forget about owning guns.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I would like to see the statistics comparing weed related shootings compared alcohol related shootings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top