Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2024 4:02:35 PM EDT
Finally decided to get while on sale this week.  What the best character type to start with for yourself: class, sub-class, race, sex, etc?

Been watching some tutorial vidoes, but so many opinions by "content creators", what do you guys do on it?  Was going to play it on medium difficulty level.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You can finish with pretty mcuh any race or class combo until you get to tactician or honor mode. Kind of think you can do it as well on tacticial. Honor mode has some issues with the last patch they are working on.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Just shove shadowhearts corpse in the box and burn it.

*I know nothing about Baulders Gate, but got talked at by somone who does.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
What the best character type to start with for yourself: class, sub-class, race, sex, etc?
View Quote

Whatever you want.

That's kind of the point of an RPG like this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd start the game on Medium for sure.  I've done Tactician and Honor mode as well.  It's best to have a well balanced party.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
How many can you have in a party?  What's a good mix of classes to have?

It's still downloading for me from Steam.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
How many can you have in a party?  What's a good mix of classes to have?

It's still downloading for me from Steam.
View Quote

4 total party members.

Good breakdown would be.  DPS can vary.  I would have at least one ranged DPS.
1 x Tank
2 x DPS
1 x Healer

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Any mods to the game you have found to be worthwhile?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:31:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HourOfAngle] [#8]
The one that speeds up the dice rolls.

A variety of companions can join your group or you can send them to camp to wait their turn. You can respect your class/fit as well as your companions. So you are not locked into what they are when you encounter them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Any mods to the game you have found to be worthwhile?
View Quote

The mod that lets you run with an unlimited party.  You can have every recruitable character along for the ride.

Makes combat and problem-solving much more straightforward (ALL THE FIREBALLS!), gets you more of the dialogue, and can be funny as hell.

OTOH, the engine can get wonky when you have more than 4, such as jumping between ledges (the 6th or 7th character in line will often just not jump, and you'll have to ungroup and do it manually) or getting on a boat (need to send the extra characters to camp while you ride).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top