Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/28/2019 1:07:17 PM EDT
200 Kosovo police were sent to arrest Serbs in a Kosovo town near the border. Gunfight broke out, no one killed but at least one policeman injured from what I've seen. Serbian president is now sending the army to the border as tensions rise.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Tensions Rise After Police Operation In Northern Kosovo

Serbia: Army vehicles spotted driving towards northern Kosovo

BREAKING! Kosovo Sends Raiding Party Deep Into Serbian Territory! Moscow Calls Out Provocation!

News Article in Russian
Partial translation from article (via Google translate)

At 5 am on May 28, the so-called Special Security Forces of Kosovo (ROSU) entered the north of the region in Serb-populated areas. Approximately 200 ROSU fighters, supported by armored vehicles and a pair of armored personnel carriers, moved in two columns along the roadside from Mitrovica to the north towards Zubin Potok. By the middle of the day, they had cleared the valley of the Ibar River, along with Leposavichi, suffering losses.

The Serbian population has long since worked out the danger alert system: sirens sounded as they were still in Mitrovica, as soon as the convoy of Albanian special forces moved north. Therefore, barricades quickly arose on the track, which the Albanians had to take by storm. They used flash-noise grenades, but the situation quickly became tense, and in some places firefights began. Albanian sources claim that three policemen were injured. At the time of writing, sporadic skirmishes continued in some places near Zubin Potok.

Serbian President Alexander Vucic announced the transfer of the Serbian army on alert and immediately convened the country's security council, after which he went to parliament to talk about what was happening. According to the latest data from Pristina, the president of the unrecognized Kosovo, Hashim Taci, is preparing in the coming hours to also announce the mobilization of the local army, created contrary to the opinion of Europe, and the Albanian security forces.

Kosovo Prime Minister Ramush Haradinai informed the OSCE, UN and NATO missions that this is an exclusively police operation aimed at “fighting smuggling and organized crime”, and therefore ROSU allegedly had the right to go to the north of the region with a weapon. This is certainly not the case. Under no circumstances, armed persons of Albanian nationality in uniform appear in the Serb-populated municipalities, but when it stopped anyone in Pristina. This is not the first such provocative raid, only now it has fallen on time. They know how to seize the moment.

The formal reason for the raid on the North was allegedly an investigation into the killing of an Albanian policeman. The number of detainees is constantly being updated, but presumably there are about 30, mostly Serbs and Bosniaks, but there are several Albanians. Among the arrested Serbs there are several officers of the municipal police, for the detention of which the Albanians had to use force. Albanians claim that they captured almost 15 Serb policemen. It is also known about the detention of the Russian Mikhail Krasnoshchev, an employee of the UN mission in Kosovo (UNMIK).

Serbian President Vucic said in parliament that he had notified the Russian Embassy and “relevant services”. Meanwhile, Albanian sources vaguely report that “one Russian and one Serb were taken to hospital in Mitrovica,” so that, most likely, the Albanian special forces had to use force to detain Krasnoshchev. According to the latest data, he has serious injuries. But the staff of the UN mission have diplomatic immunity.

The day before all these events, Alexander Vuchich delivered a two-hour hazy speech in parliament. In particular, he stated from the Assembly’s rostrum that an attack on the Serbian population of the North of Kosovo was “a matter of weeks or days.” He did not mean a police raid with limited goals, but a full-blown massacre of the kind that happened in 2004. The whole pathos of Vucic's speech boiled down to the fact that in its current state Serbia cannot hope to return to Kosovo, moreover, the whole world, as always, is against us. And we must continue to somehow live with it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Allied Force 2.0!
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Time to ramp back up KFOR
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Why are we supposed to care?
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Care if you want. I'm just here for the violence. That popcorn isn't going to eat itself now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
No distraction needed for Slick Willy.

Hoping we dont attack the "good" guys again.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe we can get another cool movie where the bad guy wears a track suit out of this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Right now I don't care and let them fight. I might change my mind if I learn something more.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
What side are we gonna support this time?
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#9]
The world not only sat back while Muslims ethnically cleansed Serbians from Kosovo we helped.

We should be ashamed.

Something worth noting in around 1920 people were celebrating Kosovo fir its multicultural make up. 10% around then, people from various places.

That number increased until a tipping point then people that were invited in, given jobs,benefits,university places. Sign posts  in their languages took up arms and slaughtered their next door neighbours.
Then because you can’t tell a dead Serb from a dead Albanian Muslim they went to the UN and said look at all these dead Muslims.

And we bombed the shit out of Serbia.

I believe and I admit I’m probably in a minority in a 100 years historians will look back on Kosovo with very different interpretations.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Muslims are getting froggy.... marching on Europe again.

History... what a bitch.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Can we send in Wesley Clark and the pre/post op LGBTBBQ Armed forces he loves so much to have a take #2 at starting WW3?
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The world not only sat back while Muslims ethnically cleansed Serbians from Kosovo we helped.

We should be ashamed.

Something worth noting in around 1920 people were celebrating Kosovo fir its multicultural make up. 10% around then, people from various places.

That number increased until a tipping point then people that were invited in, given jobs,benefits,university places. Sign posts  in their languages took up arms and slaughtered their next door neighbours.
Then because you can’t tell a dead Serb from a dead Albanian Muslim they went to the UN and said look at all these dead Muslims.

I believe and I admit I’m probably in a minority in a 100 years historians will look back on Kosovo with very different interpretations.
View Quote
To our eternal shame.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Who are we supposed to be pulling for?
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Right now I don't care and let them fight. I might change my mind if I learn something more.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To our eternal shame.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We should be ashamed.

To our eternal shame.
Meh, I think we still had the smell of the breakup of Yugoslavia in our noses and it kept us from seeing what was really happening in Kosovo.

Wonder if we'll be more eyes wide open this time around...
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Jane Fonda
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
The meteor.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Probably not the side who sneak into monasteries in the dead of night and slaughter unarmed monks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Ah, the globalist naïveté to think they could solve centuries of dispute...
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#23]

"REMOVE KEBAB!!!"
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Care if you want. I'm just here for the violence. That popcorn isn't going to eat itself now.
View Quote
Portable cameras have come a LONG way since the last dance there.

Pass me some of that pop-corn will ya?

Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can we send in Wesley Clark and the pre/post op LGBTBBQ Armed forces he loves so much to have a take #2 at starting WW3?
View Quote
He is probably fapping at the thought!
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck Kosovo and the Kosovo Albanians. It’s quite literally a criminal enterprise masquerading as a country. We definitely picked the wrong side during than war.

And yes, I was intimately involved on the ground in the months leading up to the air war as well as being there during and after the war. Kosovar Albanians are shit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Just heard this morning that a unit of the Wyoming National Guard is going to Kosovo to do "peacekeeping".

THAT is bullshit. This has nothing to do with us. The Euros are too scared/lazy/cheap to deal with this shitshow right on their doorstep? Why should anyone in Wyoming care?
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Time to ramp back up KFOR
View Quote
Fuck that.  Time to airdrop guns, ammo, and go pros.  Fence the area off and let them settle this once and for all.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#30]
https://gatesofvienna.net/2016/01/the-alienork-way/

Quoted:

We should be ashamed.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The combat footage will be great

Bosnia Heavy fighting Army-Black Swans unit part 1
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Read this, it may help

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Not our party.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#34]
We need to stay out and let them work out their differences.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
US troops staying out of the fight.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Serbs are among the shittiest people on the planet,they have an ability to make their Russian cousins seem well behaved.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Fuck that.  Time to airdrop guns, ammo, and go pros.  Fence the area off and let them settle this once and for all.
View Quote
If that happened, the Serbs would quickly remove Kabob.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just heard this morning that a unit of the Wyoming National Guard is going to Kosovo to do "peacekeeping".

THAT is bullshit. This has nothing to do with us. The Euros are too scared/lazy/cheap to deal with this shitshow right on their doorstep? Why should anyone in Wyoming care?
View Quote
Wyoming ARNG is sending a few soldiers as part of the Alaska ARNG’s infantry battalion. For awhile field artillery battalions without artillery were going to Kosovo every year back in 2010 when US troops were peaked in Iraq and Afghanistan
NATO has had a camp there for the last 20 years. The USA contributes a battalion every year to the force at the camp Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#40]
What side should I be on?
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Are we the baddies?
View Quote
Depends on who you ask. NATO claimed in April all was under control and that they would reign in any aggression by Kosovo after Russia complained about Kosovo creating an national Army which Moscow felt former KLA terrorists would infiltrate. Russia has been stoking the fire [also stoking fire in Moldova but Kosovo nationals have also been acting up despite NATO assurances Kosovo would remain peaceful. Everyone has focused on the Baltics or Ukraine while I’ve been pointing out Moldova and Kosovo are more likely conflict flashpoints
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Track suit snipers!
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Muslims are getting froggy.... marching on Europe again.

History... what a bitch.
View Quote
Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

The video reported that the arrested were 11 Serbs, seven Albanians, and 1 Bosnian.  Additionally, 'Kosovo Prime Minister Ramush Haradinai informed the OSCE, UN and NATO missions that this is an exclusively police operation aimed at “fighting smuggling and organized crime...”'  Haradinaj loathes Islamists openly.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

US troops staying out of the fight.
View Quote
Theoretically US troops as part of NATO’s KFOR are supposed to peacekeep / prevent a fight. That remains to be seen. Serbia/Russia and elements in Kosovo seem to want to FO
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:32:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Bill Clinton fought an air war against the Serbs and John McCain backed an independent Kosovo.  Does that help you decide who the good guys are?
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No distraction needed for Slick Willy.

Hoping we dont attack the "good" guys again.
View Quote
Slick Willy took that land from the Serbs (mostly Christian) and gave Kosovo to the Albanian (muslim) squatters. Now the squatters are feeling even more froggy sounds like. More jihad, but with nice uniforms and gear.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We should be ashamed.

View Quote
I agree that we backed the wrong side in that conflict, or, more preferably, should not have gotten involved at all.  It is a major part of our difficult relationship with Russia, as they understand the truth of the situation and how we exploited their weakness at the time.  Also, my understanding of what happened is that the Albanian Muslims started a murderous insurgency and then got their asses kicked until we arrived.  Hardly grounds for much sympathy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly, why is this "news"?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top