User Panel

Page / 30
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.govs are starting to regulate, this thing is going down
View Quote
And the crypto community is starting to adapt.

Verge has rolled out unreported transactions, invisible to a 3rd party.

A number of coins are working on swaps, allowing coins to be exchanged without needing an actual exchange.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything is on sale.

Or we are all going to lose everything.

Can't quite decide.

I will be over here HODLing. Kinda kicking myself for not taking some profit when it was way up but whatever.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I get how bitcoin works, I have a degree in computer science and minored in mathematics. It is still a pyramid scheme. Early investors are making out well. Everyone is hoping to make money by selling their coins to people after them (recruiting new people into the scheme).

If bitcoin had stayed at a stable price, say $10, it would have value as a currency. This skyrocketing price makes it a joke for its intended purpose. Doesn't take a degree to figure that out.
View Quote
Social security is a pyramid scheme. Bitcoin is not. Early adopters of anything new that has a demand normally make money. The only thing I have seem so far in cryptos that is a pyramid scheme is bit connect. Stay away from that one.

The price of Bitcoin is directly related to the demand and supply. If you compare it to the dollar as a fait then bitcoins should be worth a whole lot more since the supply is limited to 21 million and th fait dollar has an unlimited supply. Then agian Bitcoin all goes back to the supply and demand. Think of it as machine guns in the NFA registry. Just not a pyramid scheme.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And the crypto community is starting to adapt.

Verge has rolled out unreported transactions, invisible to a 3rd party.

A number of coins are working on swaps, allowing coins to be exchanged without needing an actual exchange.
View Quote
Zcash and Zclassic come to mind. Not to mention the zclassic fork coming to make bitcoin private.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yes, because I'm saving for a down payment on my house.

I could, if I were irresponsible, move more than 90k right this moment. but I don't even want to pull a few hundred out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a Reason you don't have extra cash.  
yes, because I'm saving for a down payment on my house.

I could, if I were irresponsible, move more than 90k right this moment. but I don't even want to pull a few hundred out.
Do eeeet!

Takes money to make money!

Who Dares Wins!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You mean Bull trap?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the bear trap. It will go up briefly and then the bottom will fall out
You mean Bull trap?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Making VPN and verge worth more.  Thanks china.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh no.

Lowest in six weeks. SIX WEEKS.

We never have things like this happen with Wall Street investments. Everything has to go up, all the time and never drop.

Meh I'm still up almost 500% from June.
View Quote
I lol'd at this comment.

Thanks.

People are losing their minds over something so predictable.

I'm HODLing everything and trying to get all I can while the sale is on.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Check the numbers in this classic:

Hitler sells all his Bitcoins
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Ugh, what a massacre
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Only on arfcom could being up 200 percent  in the last 3 months be called a massacre.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Just have let it ride now!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ugh, what a massacre
View Quote
Do you mean there's blood in the streets?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm converting a gaming computer to mining with nice hash. it was making around $12 a day but has went way down. this shit will tear my nerves up. I normally avoid anything risky. I already have the equipment so its not really losing me anything, but it sure feels like it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, that's the name of the game.

I'm so far ahead at this point if it crashes another 50% I still made money.

If you can't stomach the swings don't get in the market!
I'm converting a gaming computer to mining with nice hash. it was making around $12 a day but has went way down. this shit will tear my nerves up. I normally avoid anything risky. I already have the equipment so its not really losing me anything, but it sure feels like it is.
Me too I bought a 1080 ti now it's only mining half profits it did two days ago. O well at least I can play games at max settings and do VR and 4k
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ugh, what a massacre
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If only I could figure out the fundamentals of what causes price changes in bitcoin I would be a rich man.

Does anyone have any insight? I mean it can’t be because one fool wants to buy something and another fool wants to sell that thing, right?
View Quote
I can't tell you how to do the math but fundamentally the intrinsic value of Bitcoin is going to relate to the value of non-speculative transactions that it is supporting.

Don't misunderstand me.  When valued that way, it isn't even worth 10% of what it is trading for right now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I lol'd at this comment.

Thanks.

People are losing their minds over something so predictable.

I'm HODLing everything and trying to get all I can while the sale is on.
View Quote
In don't know, every time I look at the profitability it looks worse and worse. I'm just using the computer I already had. If I just built a 10 gpu rig at $5-6k I would be shitting my pants.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Only on arfcom could being up 200 percent  in the last 3 months be called a massacre.
View Quote
Depends on if you bought in the last 3 months or the last 3 weeks. Somebody bought at the ATH and got murdered.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#20]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Okay-I-was-wrong-/5-2071470/

Wrong time to get in, or right? Duno but after learning a bit, I'm intrigued at the potential.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Coinbase keeps cancelling my buy orders instantly, citing issues with my bank. Except there are no issues on my side as far as I can tell.
View Quote
What's in your wallet?

Tell you what won't be in my wallet much longer is a fucking credit card from fucking capital one.

My recent transaction was rejected due to capital one new policy restricting any purchases of crypto currency's using their credit cards.

Fuck you capital one I've had a GM card in my wallet for over 20 years and as soon as I cash it out this year I'm canceling the motherfucker.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I put a few bucks into it just to learn the system.

Then took it out to learn the rest of the system.

Yup, system works just fine.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#23]
What's three best desktop based bitcoin wallet?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What's three best desktop based bitcoin wallet?
View Quote
Are you investing only in bitcoins?

The best is a paper wallet. Its offline
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Saw this thread and remembered the weirdo dream I had last night.

I was at work and some guys heavily invested in BC were losing their minds because it dropped to $6.56 per bitcoin

Make of that what you will
View Quote
I had a dream I was at high school and couldn't find my schedule and the admin wouldn't help me find the right class.

I'm high as fuck on tamiflu too.

Also, I want some of this.

Attachment Attached File

I'll be buying when it hits rock bottom
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you not understand that for the price to rise to 19k per coin, someone had to pay 19k per coin?  Do you think the people who bought at 15k, 17k, or 19k really care if someone else is up 200%?

There is some serious money being lost now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Buy high, sell low, right?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Is a 42% drop a legit bubble bursting crash?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You think the guys who bought that month or two ago wpuld agree with you today? Or even the guys who bougjt at 15k a week ago?

Why is it we never hear from them in these threads?

I just wish you crypto guys would admit what actually has happened here. You got lucky speculating on something the vast majority of you don't understand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it has a tangible value because some people desire it.  How much is an entry in an electronic ledger desired?
Apparently $20,000 a month or two ago.
You think the guys who bought that month or two ago wpuld agree with you today? Or even the guys who bougjt at 15k a week ago?

Why is it we never hear from them in these threads?

I just wish you crypto guys would admit what actually has happened here. You got lucky speculating on something the vast majority of you don't understand.
Do you think that anyone who bought something that had an issue would agree with their original judgement of its worth? I fully admit that I predict the markets based in behavioral economics.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is a 42% drop a legit bubble bursting crash?
View Quote
I predict you will see BTC at around 1-2K before the bottom is hit. Then it will level off to around 3-4K for normal growth. The crash will remove a lot of people from the market and a lot of shitcoins.  Then it will come back in a few years.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Social security is a pyramid scheme. Bitcoin is not. Early adopters of anything new that has a demand normally make money. The only thing I have seem so far in cryptos that is a pyramid scheme is bit connect. Stay away from that one.

The price of Bitcoin is directly related to the demand and supply. If you compare it to the dollar as a fait then bitcoins should be worth a whole lot more since the supply is limited to 21 million and th fait dollar has an unlimited supply. Then agian Bitcoin all goes back to the supply and demand. Think of it as machine guns in the NFA registry. Just not a pyramid scheme.
View Quote
*fiat
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

*fiat
View Quote
opps spelling error hahaha
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What's in your wallet?

Tell you what won't be in my wallet much longer is a fucking credit card from fucking capital one.

My recent transaction was rejected due to capital one new policy restricting any purchases of crypto currency's using their credit cards.

Fuck you capital one I've had a GM card in my wallet for over 20 years and as soon as I cash it out this year I'm canceling the motherfucker.
View Quote
Here’s a great example of behavioral economics. The poster says he’s going to do something that will hurt him (cancelling a long standing account) because they are doing consumer protection things that doesn’t allow him to do exactly what he wants to RIGHT NOW in a niche market. Or it could be bluster. Who knows.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#34]
I think if you took a poll amongst bitcoin miners/speculators I think the majority would want a more stable growth pattern out of it to try to avoid this. Even though I have zero exposure to bitcoin I would rather any investment grow gradually instead of exploding in value like bitcoin has over the past year. In the end this type of growth is not sustainable, and the price must come back to reality.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#35]
About K$ 11.5 at 2:10 CST
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think if you took a poll amongst bitcoin miners/speculators I think the majority would want a more stable growth pattern out of it to try to avoid this. Even though I have zero exposure to bitcoin I would rather any investment grow gradually instead of exploding in value like bitcoin has over the past year. In the end this type of growth is not sustainable, and the price must come back to reality.
View Quote
I know I would.  I want this to work and with segwit and the lightning network I think BTC and it's derivatives will shine.  However, with this much market volatility no merchant wants to accept the coins for payment, and I understand that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I got a tip on another site,

"Just dig in and keep going, as long as you are turning a profit thats all that matters, hold it if you can, if you look at the 1 year graphs the coins are pretty much where they should be for steady growth outside of the massive spike that happened around Late November/ Early December."

Maybe I should get $34,000 on my home equity and buy 3 coins.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I got a tip on another site,

"Just dig in and keep going, as long as you are turning a profit thats all that matters, hold it if you can, if you look at the 1 year graphs the coins are pretty much where they should be for steady growth outside of the massive spike that happened around Late November/ Early December."

Maybe I should get $34,000 on my home equity and buy 3 coins.
View Quote
who told you that?  give or take 7 or 8K haha
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#40]
...and you do all of this buying and selling on the Coinbase app?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Good. Maybe video card prices will come down now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Below $11,000 now
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I can't tell you how to do the math but fundamentally the intrinsic value of Bitcoin is going to relate to the value of non-speculative transactions that it is supporting.

Don't misunderstand me.  When valued that way, it isn't even worth 10% of what it is trading for right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If only I could figure out the fundamentals of what causes price changes in bitcoin I would be a rich man.

Does anyone have any insight? I mean it can’t be because one fool wants to buy something and another fool wants to sell that thing, right?

^^^^^this is correct. It’s western union anonymous at best.  Worthless at worst.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Down to $10,500 now
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Almost 20k a month ago, now 10k............volatile MFer
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#47]
this is the 235th time bitcoin has died
yet it is still here

HODL people
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#48]
$10,200 now... Is it going to bust through $10,000?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
...and you do all of this buying and selling on the Coinbase app?
View Quote
That's just the easiest way to go from USD to BTC, ETH, LTC, or BCH and back again. If you want other coins, the process is a bit longer as you would then need to transfer funds to another exchange like Binance or Bittrex.
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top