Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://bjs.scene7.com/is/image/bjs/167741?$bjs-Zoom$

$6-$7 a bag, almost everywhere and it's a very good coffee for not a lot of scratch.

Sometimes, you can BOGO it.

Chris
View Quote

The investment firm who controls operations 8 o’clock coffee is SF based and donated more money to Joe Biden than all of their other donations combined.

8 o’clock coffee is actually owned by a Giant Indian Firm, Tata Consumer Products. They treat their employees worse that a Chinese Apple factory.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The investment firm who controls operations 8 o’clock coffee is SF based and donated more money to Joe Biden than all of their other donations combined.

8 o’clock coffee is actually owned by a Giant Indian Firm.
View Quote

Well are they LARPING as a conservative pro 2A company?

Because if they are a coffee company selling coffee why is this even relevant?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
In case no one mentioned it yet Fuck Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My Cafe Ole HEB Texas Pecan at 6.94/12oz is good.  I tried some more fancy coffee that cost a little more than twice as much, was roasted within the last 2 weeks and honestly it didn't seem worth it to me or twice as good as my HEB coffee.

Maybe I just don't have a refined palate.  Made in my Chemex they all seem to be good.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Solid choice but I get the whole bean.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

$6-$7 a bag, almost everywhere and it's a very good coffee for not a lot of scratch.

Chris
View Quote

My go-to most of the time but drink tons of community. Always get whole bean. Trust me it's worth the extra effort!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

8 o’clock coffee is actually owned by a Giant Indian Firm, Tata Consumer Products. They treat their employees worse that a Chinese Apple factory.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Well fuck got any sources?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

My mom voted for McGovern in '72 and I still love her.

Can't vet everybody and it's great coffee between roasting my own beans, sourced from the best farms on the planet.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

He's partially correct.

Gryphon Investors is the S.F. investment firm that briefly owned Eight O'Clock ('03-'06) before selling off to Tata, who has had issues with paying women their fair share, but that's how people roll in those countries.

For all practical purposes, Eight O'Clock is a US based company and their shit isn't being shipped from India.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Can't vet everybody and it's great coffee between roasting my own beans, sourced from the best farms on the planet.

Chris
View Quote

My Dad voted Biden. We still had a great Christmas.  What’s your point?

Are we still allowed to point out the dumbness of people who think Maxwell House isn’t owned by John Kerry’s family?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:22:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck if I know if the coffee is any count but I bought some from Covfefe coffee simply for their statement on what happened on the 6th and that they are proud of getting banned from Twitter for calling Joy Reid a retard.

That’s worth a bag anyways.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:32:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Uh oh! Folgers is part of Smuckers.

They gave money to Biden, Ohio Democrat Party and endorsed Kasich in 2016.

Guess they don’t pass the GD purity test.  
View Quote

Dammit. I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:34:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My Cafe Ole HEB Texas Pecan at 6.94/12oz is good.  I tried some more fancy coffee that cost a little more than twice as much, was roasted within the last 2 weeks and honestly it didn't seem worth it to me or twice as good as my HEB coffee.

Maybe I just don't have a refined palate.  Made in my Chemex they all seem to be good.

View Quote

No

HEB has good coffee
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:39:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Surprised no one has mentioned Covfefe yet. https://www.doyoucovfefe.com/

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:43:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:16:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Invader coffee.......vet owned, Texas...no leftist bullshit
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:21:17 AM EDT
[#17]
For God's sake, you don't need to buy coffee online. Every region of the country has numerous gourmet coffee bean shops. Get out of the basement and go try some out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:23:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Are we still allowed to point out the dumbness of people who think Maxwell House isn’t owned by John Kerry’s family?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

You misrepresented the article a bit, as I pointed out in my other post—namely that the Gryphon group (S.F.) hasn’t owned them since 2006, selling off to the Tata group.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

The best
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Uh oh! Folgers is part of Smuckers.

They gave money to Biden, Ohio Democrat Party and endorsed Kasich in 2016.

Guess they don’t pass the GD purity test.  
View Quote

We can only drink water from a well hand dug by Chesty Puller. At least until we find out that Chesty Puller once implied that it was ok for a government to collect income taxes or something like that, then we just die of dehydration.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#22]
anyone ever tell you you argue like a liberal?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Nice. I ordered 38, Privateer and Guatemalan.
I don’t need high caffeine!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have no idea what their political beliefs are but this is the best coffee I’ve ever brewed.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/341657/FE41F70B-3CB2-40B5-8EC0-AF6E12E08458_jpe-1779443.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We like the Peruvian from here.
Mt Comfort Coffee

I have no idea what their political beliefs are but this is the best coffee I’ve ever brewed.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/341657/FE41F70B-3CB2-40B5-8EC0-AF6E12E08458_jpe-1779443.JPG

Only coffee we had better was an Ethiopian Yirgacheffe which we got from a local supplier. They weren't a roaster. But, it was more expensive.
Mt Comfort is reasonably priced and very good. We got it the first time a few yrs ago at Costco, haven't seen it there since.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Mayorga at Costco is good!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Pretty partial to folgers myself.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We can only drink water from a well hand dug by Chesty Puller. At least until we find out that Chesty Puller once implied that it was ok for a government to collect income taxes or something like that, then we just die of dehydration.
View Quote

Dang!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Maxwell House? Folgers? Literally anything in the grocery store coffee aisle?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#30]
I still dont get why we're buying coffee based on political policy, and not...coffee related attributes. Like taste, caffeine content, and price.

Personally this is my preferred brand for whole bean / ground coffee:

And my preferred everyday, cheap K-cup from Albertsons; 80 K-cups is $22-$24:

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Biohazard 928 mg of goodness per cup.

Shock not bad

Deathwish is good.  

No nothing' of the company's info just the goods.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I still dont get why we're buying coffee based on political policy, and not...coffee related attributes. Like taste, caffeine content, and price.

Personally this is my preferred brand for whole bean / ground coffee:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/614GL6c12EL._SL1404_.jpg

And my preferred everyday, cheap K-cup from Albertsons; 80 K-cups is $22-$24:

https://images.albertsons-media.com/is/image/ABS/960115141?$ecom-pdp-desktop$&defaultImage=Not_Available&defaultImage=Not_Available
View Quote

Why not get both?  Why would you not buy good coffee from a company that shares your values, if you can?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Bison Union

Ran by a former Green Beret, I like Black Buffalo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#34]

I came to post this.

I placed my first order with them the other day, looking forward to trying it.

-K
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bison Union

Ran by a former Green Beret, I like Black Buffalo.
View Quote

Is this made by the same makers of BRCC?
Some of the packaging is nearly identical, but with a different logo.
Maybe just coincidence?

Also, I may need one of these:

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, very similar branding and marketing, definitely some cross pollination. The owners of Bison Union know the BRCC folks well and definitely had a hand in starting their operation. That said, you won’t find Bert bending the knee to a bunch of Karen’s. Most if not all of their coffee is roasted in Wyoming at their shop.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes, very similar branding and marketing, definitely some cross pollination. The owners of Bison Union know the BRCC folks well and definitely had a hand in starting their operation. That said, you won’t find Bert bending the knee to a bunch of Karen’s. Most if not all of their coffee is roasted in Wyoming at their shop.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They didn't even roast their own beans.

It was the exact same coffee as another "micro roast" coffee that a large company made for them.

Stocking Mill does roast their own.

Two more days until I try my third sample from them. I am doing five brews of each

Wig Splitter is probably my second favorite coffee I've ever made at home. My first is unavailable outside of the west coast, perhaps the PNW.
View Quote

I stopped ordering BRCC when I found this out.  

The whole point of a boutique coffee company is their expertise in sourcing quality beans and roasting them really well.  I THOUGHT that was what BRCC was.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I ordered from Stocking Mill and got one of their “hero cards” while I was at it.
Received this from the CEO...

I think this is pretty cool and I already plan to buy more from them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Almost ready for my second order from Stocking Mill as well...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I came to post this.

-K
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I came to post this.

-K

Did the same, like why the hell, right?

Opened up the first bag of whole beans,  MAGA blend dark roast, literally smells like shit.  Not good cow shit, but nasty ass dog shit.  Didn’t taste much better.  Fucking cocksickers selling undrinkable shit and packaging it and pricing it to make their quick buck when they can.  May Satan fuck them in the ass with a saguaro for eternity.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top