User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 78
Posted: 5/26/2020 5:46:23 AM EDT
Oh Boy.gif

This one is going to go over well...

Local News Link - Kare11

MINNEAPOLIS — A man died in Minneapolis police custody Monday evening of a medical incident, shortly after an encounter with police.

Officers were called to the 3700 block of Chicago Ave. S shortly after 8:00 pm Monday for a report of a forgery in progress. According to a press release, they were advised that the man was sitting on top of a blue car, and appeared to be under the influence.

Two officers arrived and found the man in his 40s in his car. He was told to get out of his car by the officers, and physically resisted them, according to a press release.

Officers put the man in handcuffs, and noticed he was suffering medical distress. They called an ambulance, and he was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center. He died there a short time later.

His name has not been released.

Police say no weapons were used in this incident.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has been called in to investigate this incident at the request of the Minneapolis Police Department. The FBI is also involved in the investigation, according to police.

Police say their body cameras were on and activated. No officers were injured in the incident.

A post circulating on social media appears to be video of this incident. KARE11 has been unable so far to verify that video. We are working to learn more.

Councilwoman Andrea Jenkins issued a statement on the incident, saying:

“My heart is breaking for the tragic loss of life last night near 38th and Chicago. Our community continues to be traumatized again, and again and again. We must demand answers, I have spoken with the Mayor and have a call in to the chief. I vow to be as transparent and forthright with the community. We were already in the midst of developing a summer safety strategy for this neighborhood but immediate action is required now. Currently the BCA is investigating.

Please stay strong sisters and brothers, these are trying times."

Councilwoman Jenkins also says a summer safety strategy for the neighborhood is already being developed.
View Quote

It was recorded and put on FB.... And well, it could get interesting here in Little Mogadishu!

https://www.facebook.com/darnellareallprettymarie/videos/1425398217661280/

Non FB, YT Video:

MPD's take:

https://www.insidempd.com/2020/05/26/man-dies-after-medical-incident-during-police-interaction/
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#1]
In for the corona riots

Eta: just watched the video.  Wtf are cops thinking with that kind of restraint, it doesn't do shit but apparently kill people and at the very least looks very very bad (which is not good at all).  The knee to the back of the spine was one of the first thing taught not to do in defensive classes as well as being careful with the figure 4 leg lock (calf slicer) with blowing out the knee if put too much pressure on it.  Does nobody teach arm, wrist and shoulder locks anymore?  If they guy was spitting put a mask on him, if he wasn't spitting put him on his ass sitting up or in the unit.

Now this dumb fuck is probably going to prison, and for what?

Of course all of this is based off that this wasn't an excited delirium or drug od or something.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I happen to agree. He was already in handcuffs. This is going to get stupid. What do you wanna bet they dislocated a vertebrae and severed his spinal cord?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:54:37 AM EDT
[#3]
ohboy.gif indeed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Excited delirium is a thing.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:55:42 AM EDT
[#5]
yep, they murdered that man.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:58:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Double.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Covid-19 claims yet another.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

[
bolditalicstrikeboldboldboldlinkimgvideoTwitterAmazonlistnumlisttablequoteSplit QuoteSpoilerCode
color
Normal
[BBCODE]
img]/images/smilies/icon_smile_dissapprove.gif[/url]
View Quote

Quoted for this abortion of a post.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted for this abortion of a post.
View Quote

Don't scroll your wireless mouse over your touchpad.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:01:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not to mention another eternal Democrat voter!
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Hawaiian shirt time?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:05:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Is that an actual police restraint technique?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, that isn't good.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:06:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hawaiian shirt time?
View Quote

Not yet.

I was thinking it was going to be though when hey canceled the State Fair..
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:09:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Got to be some dumb cops not to realize or care that he went limp and kept on his neck for another 3 or 4 minutes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#16]
FB comments are getting sporty

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I happen to agree. He was already in handcuffs. This is going to get stupid. What do you wanna bet they dislocated a vertebrae and severed his spinal cord?
View Quote
More likely he was heavily dosed and the stress made his heart fail.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:14:39 AM EDT
[#19]
My guess is cardiac arrest. People need to say I think I'm having a heart attack and not i can't breathe when they obviously can breathe
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:17:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Just start calling it what it actually is.  Murder by cops.

Its not likely anyone will be held accountable  anyways.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#21]
In for the riots.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#23]

A young Michael Richards?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#24]
That didn't look good.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Got to be some dumb cops not to realize or care that he went limp and kept on his neck for another 3 or 4 minutes.
View Quote

Yeah, that facebook video is pretty damning.

A lot of people could see the respiratory distress the guy was in, and his continued pinning to the ground was causing a steady deterioration in his condition.   Nothing sudden or unexpected about it.

Dude died right there under the cop's knee.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:25:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Lol, I used to have a gf who lived at intersection.  I also have some friends who live a few blocks east off of Cedar and 38th.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lol, I used to have a gf who lived at intersection.  I also have some friends who live a few blocks east off of Cedar and 38th.
View Quote

That area is an interesting place.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:31:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Well I have to say this though people in that neighborhood called the cops to do something about the man...
Cops did something. now they mad.

If you want guaranteed the cops don't accidentally kill your neighbor. don't call them
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm glad this thread started early so it will provide a full day of entertainment. The thin blue garrote members will be along shortly to tell everyone they don't give a shit about earning respect. Then we'll really get rolling.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:34:39 AM EDT
[#31]
I guess our TBL brigade is still too busy harassing free coffee out of the local donut shop this morning to dog pile this one.

I can't wait to hear the justifications.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm glad this thread started early so it will provide a full day of entertainment. The thin blue garrote members will be along shortly to tell everyone they don't give a shit about earning respect. Then we'll really get rolling.
View Quote

I will fuel the flames here....

The Officer that was doing the kneeling? Yeah, this isn't his 1st rodeo for being in the public eye for someone he is dealing with dies or gets shot.

https://www.twincities.com/2008/05/26/minneapolis-police-officer-involved-in-weekend-shooting-idd/?fbclid=IwAR2VN4YLOdcgykOukLW0zRSOgvI5d6aoNMCQclnZTT_RblAFnYECEK2Tu88
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Dont resist arrest and follow commands and maybe the medical problems you have combined with drugs wont kill you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Before anyone comments, they should watch the video.

Not a good look for the cops on this one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:37:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Why are they burning tires???
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Dont resist arrest and follow commands and maybe the medical problems you have combined with drugs wont kill you.
View Quote

Now go watch the video.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:40:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Sure looks to me like they killed him right there on the pavement. All nice and slow like, too.

Mighty fine police work, fellas.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:42:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Now go watch the video.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now go watch the video.

Did you see the part in the video where the guy went hands on when they tried to get him out of the car he was in?

Oh, wait, no, you didn't...because the person filming it only started filming after they got the guy under control...

Edited to add, I'm sure the body cam video will clarify things and make the facebook video look like the half baked shit that it is.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:43:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pick up that can or die
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#41]
They're in trooooooooouble...
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#42]
OST
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#43]
People with hypertension, cad, and diabetes shouldn't do drugs and fight cops.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#44]

LoL...

Seems that sentiment is going around these days and is no longer confined to urban centers.

All i can say, is in a profession that can find no professional wrong doing in neglecting to respond to an active shooter in a school,  or anchoring a complying participant of Simon says when he attempts to pull up his gym shorts while crawling on the ground under gun point

It is quite mind boggling why one in that same profession would risk not only there own safety but that of their families. Look,  I abhor certain urban behavior is much as the next person, but there is a certain point what officers consciously choose to get it on.  

Seriously, who really cares if that gentlemen in the video runs wild in what ever shit hole neighborhood that he lived in. Their is probably a pretty good chance that he would of been shot this summer,  hell consisider the homicide clearance rate in most urban areas, he could of practically walking up to him on some corner, shot him in the head, and zero questions would of ever been asked.

But, The officer had to get it on

Now, the officer in question is going to have to deal with at the least the political over charging from the local democrat DA, or have to deal with having a pack of distinguished young gentleman coming after him.  

Really... Its reallly not hard to ask for compliance, not receive it,  and report that you could not find him.

With that being said, hope it works out for him

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Did you see the part in the video where the guy went hands on when they tried to get him out of the car he was in?

Oh, wait, no, you didn't...because the person filming it only started filming after they got the guy under control...

Edited to add, I'm sure the body cam video will clarify things and make the facebook video look like the half baked shit that it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now go watch the video.

You’re kidding, right?  

Going to be tough to justify this one, but try as you will.  They “literally” choked him to death while he was cuffed.  It is on video.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. There are substantially worse neighborhoods in Minneapolis, but this one has a diverse enough set of people in it that all sorts of wacky shit can happen, good and bad.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now go watch the video.

What inside Information areyou privy to that justifies the actions of the officers?
Or are you just hoping?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You’re kidding, right?  

Going to be tough to justify this one, but try as you will.  They “literally” choked him to death while he was cuffed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now go watch the video.

You’re kidding, right?  

Going to be tough to justify this one, but try as you will.  They “literally” choked him to death while he was cuffed.

LOL

Sure, a chokehold, using a knee...and _just_ a knee...to the side of a neck, to keep a combative suspect down. Using leverage, which any first year taekwondo student, or junior high wrestling student can explain to you...Sure..."chokehold"

Wow, some of you guys are just rabid "the cops are murders", when this guy bought his physical restraint and then died of an overdose.

Like I said, wait for the body cam footage.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

if I'm going to be completely honest, I'd have to say my first gut reaction was going to dismiss this as "maybe don't fight with the police" and that's STILL my partial answer.

But continuing to kneel on the guy's neck, after he becomes unresponsive? Yeah, that's a bad look, especially when the guy dies later. Maybe he was just THAT much of a problem, before the video started, I suppose, but he looked pretty submissive by the time he was saying something was wrong. Of course, there's always the possibility that people like to "play possum" and then it's game on again. If that's the case, I dunno what to say, it a product of all that sort of bullshit.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You’re kidding, right?  

Going to be tough to justify this one, but try as you will.  They “literally” choked him to death while he was cuffed.  It is on video.
View Quote

Talking while being "choked to death"?  Is that possible?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top