BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fine with me.  Let her be "queen" of some little fishing community and let Thor join the Guardians and have bloody adventures.
View Quote
Hmmm, good point!  With this movie being such a smash maybe we will see Asguardians of the Galaxy IV!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Saw it last night. I hated fat Thor, and I strongly disliked smart Hulk.  Very disappointing. All I really wanted to see happen was Hulk go insane and tear shit up. And we got none of that.

That being said, it was a good movie. I liked how they wrapped up the Captain America story, and the big battle near the end was epic.

I give it a 6 out of 10.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There is a lot going on and many character arcs being wrapped up and it’s worth watching again.

What’s with the faces? Is it a case of “stop liking what I don’t like?”
View Quote
Pretty much, yeah. Along with the occasional subtle racism and misogyny. OMG, a black Captain America! Civilization will end! Brie Larson had 5 minutes of screen time with a short haircut, the MCU is going to shit!
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmmm, good point!  With this movie being such a smash maybe we will see Asguardians of the Galaxy IV!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fine with me.  Let her be "queen" of some little fishing community and let Thor join the Guardians and have bloody adventures.
I am wondering if Thor will be in the next guardians.  I was looking like it was a set up for that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Captain Marvel aside, the ending of the movie seemed to set up potential black Captain America (definite), female Iron Man (Pepper had the latest, greatest suit) and some flavor of black, female Thor (Valkyrie is the king of Asgard).
View Quote
Pepper won’t be Iron Man going forward. Paltrow announced that outside of brief cameos, she’s done too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#7]
That is painful.  A clear slap in the face to MajGen Furness!
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Random thoughts and questions:

What happened with Gamora?  She was there for the battle, but then she's not seen again.  She's not at the funeral or on the the Benatar.  Did Iron Man dust her? She was technically part of Thanos' army.

The blatant "girl power" scene during the final battle was extremely inducing.

I really enjoyed seeing past events from the current timeline characters' perspective. Especially the ones with new scenes. It was nice seeing Loki again, but I guess he's still dead.
View Quote
Yeah, that sucked, it pulled me right out of the movie.  Pretty much everyone in the theater groaned when it happened, and then some guy yelled out "Mary Sues unite" Lol.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The more I think about it now the more mad I am about what they did to Thor.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The more I think about it now the more mad I am about what they did to Thor.
View Quote
Why?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Movie was amazing and I left unscarred by the girl power scene or fag in the beginnning but I'm not hypersensitive to sjw stuff.

When Rogers FINALLY said "Avengers Assemble!" that was it for me, so awesome. I knew they were saving it for this movie but man, wow. I could have easily walked right back in and watched it again.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I did not even notice the girl power stuff you guys are bitching about.  It was what, 30 seconds out of three hours?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Being a comic book purist ( which I admit, may not transition well in to movie),  I was a wee bit disappointed, but the ending worked well.  It was an enjoyable movie. and had some unexpected turns which were good.  I didn't like what happened to Vision.  The plot had some holes. Gamora could be brought back, but not Black Widow , which I didn't understand.  The stone usage effect was alittle wonky.  The ease of how they handled Thanos (at the beginning).  Captain America's exit, giving the shield to Falcon, instead of Bucky.. girl power stuff,  smallish stuff like that, that was irritating.  But I will probably see it again
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I did not even notice the girl power stuff you guys are bitching about.  It was what, 30 seconds out of three hours?
View Quote
Avengers: Endgame The Woke is on You | Too Much Male Screen Time Says The Daily Mail
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Saw it and was disappointed.
They took a 3 hour movie and somehow made it with less action than the first Avengers movie.
Didn't like the all touchy, feely Avengers.
Boring and disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Marvel just lost their two biggest characters and the actors who played them.

They also have lost Wolverine and the actor who played him.

So we have CM, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Funky Hulk and a busted up hodgepodge of Avenger characters.  Then there is GOTG + Thor, Dead Pool and the X-Men post, past, kids BS.

Well maybe they can try F4 again and see if the third try is a charm.  Oh maybe a F4 all girl reboot like Ghostbusters.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They took a 3 hour movie and somehow made it with less action than the first Avengers movie.
Boring and disappointed.
View Quote
I thought I’d included “saw it and didn’t like it” in the poll but after I hit submit saw it wasn’t there. Was wondering how many people thought it was great, good, okay or sucked. I liked Blade Runner 2049 unlike many people, so I can endure long & boring films but I know most people don’t
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So we have CM, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Funky Hulk and a busted up hodgepodge of Avenger characters.  Then there is GOTG + Thor, Dead Pool and the X-Men post, past, kids BS.

Well maybe they can try F4 again and see if the third try is a charm.  Oh maybe a F4 all girl reboot like Ghostbusters.
View Quote
I see it as they completed the story/character arc.

It was bittersweet to have a conclusion to their story in the MCU.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I thought I’d included “saw it and didn’t like it” in the poll but after I hit submit saw it wasn’t there. Was wondering how many people thought it was great, good, okay or sucked. I liked Blade Runner 2049 unlike many people, so I can endure long & boring films but I know most people don’t
View Quote
2049 was widely critically acclaimed. Its at %87 on rotten tomatoes. Liking it is hardly a controversial opinion.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Chris Evans wants to move on, RDJ has become too expensive, ScarJo has always had other opportunities.

I know Marvel has future MCU movies planned, but I don't think Marvel ever believed those movies will have the same success the previous ones did. This was what, an 11-year, 20-movie story arc that led to Endgame? Marvel knew this was their culmination point.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Boring and disappointed.
View Quote
Sounds like you'd probably be better off just watching Transformers movies.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
3 years ago I was excited to watch everything Marvel Studios came out with.

Based on the current state of the MCU it's looking like I might be excited to watch 20% of it.

Maybe I'm just getting old.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

2049 was widely critically acclaimed. Its at %87 on rotten tomatoes. Liking it is hardly a controversial opinion.
View Quote
I was thinking in terms of GD
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don’t understand why people are bitching about it either.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
They just expanded on Infinity War fight where Scarlett Witch, Black Widow, and the Wakanda General fought that other other daughter of Thanos. It was all "here us roar" lady ass kicking then too.

Endgame female fight scene was just an expansion of that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Soooo much hotter than her sisters.

She has a hot nude sex scene in Old Boy, but....

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually like Scarlett Witch and dont mind her being pretty heavily weighted with her powers.

Her progression felt natural.
I wasn't criticizing.

https://www.maxim.com/.image/t_share/MTU1Mjk1MzQxNzQ2NDY0NzA2/elizabeth-olsen-scarlet-witch.jpg
Soooo much hotter than her sisters.

She has a hot nude sex scene in Old Boy, but....

Click To View Spoiler
Just don't google any of following combination of words "sex scene old boy."
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Saw it last night, liked it. It was great way to end the story.

What Feige managed to pull off was a once in a lifetime thing. The MCU from this point forward will just get over saturated with the Disney Streaming stuff. Where does it go from here? What better story arc is there? It's going be all over the place, even if there is a attempt to make it cohesive at all.

GOTG3 will probably be good, Captain Marvel 2? I really believe it did so well because of the lead up to Endgame. She's really not that great and Brie Larson brings nothing to the character. She's the "Superman" of the MCU.  Spiderman? Meh.

Black Panther 2 and Doctor Strange 2 might be worth seeing, as they are the among the newest and still have some story to tell.

BTW, who was the dark haired guy standing by himself at the end scene, I think it was right after they panned to the GOTG guys?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

BTW, who was the dark haired guy standing by himself at the end scene, I think it was right after they panned to the GOTG guys?
View Quote
The kid that helped Stark in IM3.

They probably should have left him out because it takes some people a little out of the scene when suddenly they're thinking:

Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boring and disappointed.
I guess I'll be seeing you there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They probably should have left him out because it takes some people a little out of the scene when suddenly they're thinking:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/560833114a41a157fd9ee29ec5a3388b/tenor.gif
View Quote
thank you!

And that's what we all did when he showed up. Had no idea who he was.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
It was stupid and gratuitous. Captain Haircut just flew through a spaceship. She doesn’t need a frontline to block puny critters for her.

ETA
But now with the group cycling action of the V Crew, Captain Haircut can save the day.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boring and disappointed.
No. You won't. For me action isn't the only thing that matters.  But you enjoy yourself watching the pretty colors.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Being a comic book purist ( which I admit, may not transition well in to movie),  I was a wee bit disappointed, but the ending worked well.  It was an enjoyable movie. and had some unexpected turns which were good.  I didn't like what happened to Vision.  The plot had some holes Gamora could be brought back, but not Black Widow.  The stone usage effect was alittle wonky.  The ease of how they handled Thanos (at the beginning).  Captain America's exit, giving the sheild to falcon, instead of Bucky.. girl power stuff,  smallish stuff like that, that was irritating.
View Quote
Sam becoming Captain America is directly from the comics.

Captain America volume 7 #25
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Where was Mordo from Doctor Strange? Will he be the villain in the next Doctor Strange movie?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No. You won't. For me action isn't the only thing that matters.  But you enjoy yourself watching the pretty colors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boring and disappointed.
You only mentioned it because they are just your speed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I get this. I guess my point is that they will reboot them in another timeline story arc like in the comics.

The problem is RDJ is Tony Stark period. There will never be another actor to play that him that won’t be measured against RDJ.  CE and HJ are the same way. Imagine a reboot of Pirates of the Caribbean with somebody other than Depp playing Captain Jack.

I fear Marvel is going down the diversity path and won’t come back anytime soon.

Imagine somebody else playing Deadpool other than RR.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boring and disappointed.
Nope.  I enjoyed the movie and thought it was very well done.  You were the one complaining because it had "less action than the first Avengers movie."  Among other things.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I enjoyed the movie, but the didn't care for the calvary arriving just in time. Would've much rather watched an epic battle royale between Thanos and anyone still standing, even if he killed most of them before he died. It all felt forced after that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nope.  I enjoyed the movie and thought it was very well done.  You were the one complaining because it had "less action than the first Avengers movie."  Among other things.
View Quote
It's your fault you are easily entertained.
Enjoy your Transformers though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Where was Mordo from Doctor Strange? Will he be the villain in the next Doctor Strange movie?
View Quote
If not next than the one after. Mordo is a recurring villain for Strange.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I saw it.  It wasn't bad.  A little slow at times, but good.

I can't say that I'm excited about any of the next phase movies, with the exception of Spider-Man.

The end of an era.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the person that enjoyed Endgame is "easily entertained" and would be happier watching Transformers while the person that was bitching that Endgame didn't have more action is NOT "easily entertained" and would NOT be happier watching Transformers.

Whatever you say.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Infinity war was better.

This wasn't bad, but far from great.

Captain Marvel was random and forced in this movie.  Hi, I'm here....ok, I'm leaving cuuuz...no reason, but bye.    Surprise!!!!  I'm back to do one thing and then be mediocre for no reason.

I really wanna know where Loki went.

I really wanna know why Gamora wouldn't have stayed with her sister at the end.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So the person that enjoyed Endgame is "easily entertained" and would be happier watching Transformers while the person that was bitching that Endgame didn't have more action is NOT "easily entertained" and would NOT be happier watching Transformers.

Whatever you say.
View Quote
Several hours of slow movie - I can see how you would like it.

Transformers is right for you - it's on your mind.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given the gravity of the situation and ending I can see why they put him in, and I’m glad they did.

It was a tribute to all that Tony Stark had done and the people he had touched.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I get this. I guess my point is that they will reboot them in another timeline story arc like in the comics.

The problem is RDJ is Tony Stark period. There will never be another actor to play that him that won’t be measured against RDJ.  CE and HJ are the same way. Imagine a reboot of Pirates of the Caribbean with somebody other than Depp playing Captain Jack.

I fear Marvel is going down the diversity path and won’t come back anytime soon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.

What’s that saying...be glad it happened and we got to experience it rather than it never having been done.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever you say.
Because I enjoyed Endgame you first said I like Transformers movies with mindless action and now you're saying I like "several hours of slow movie."  So which is it?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw it last night. I hated fat Thor, and I strongly disliked smart Hulk.  Very disappointing. All I really wanted to see happen was Hulk go insane and tear shit up. And we got none of that.

That being said, it was a good movie. I liked how they wrapped up the Captain America story, and the big battle near the end was epic.

I give it a 6 out of 10.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/aggr.gif
I didn't mind fat thor so much as he was pretty much taking on the look of the Allfather, like Odin and his father Bor. Big belly, big beard,  the whole deal.  What I could definitely done without is the goofiness.  The MCU has made it a point from the beginning to neuter Thor.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top