Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2018 1:15:46 PM EDT

This is his opponent.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/27/josh-hawley-files-office-supports-president-trumps-gun-control-ideas/377498002/
On that topic, Hawley reiterated his support for banning bump stocks and improving the criminal background check system, adding that he would be "open to other suggestions that would be effective."
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Hawley. He's RINO to the core.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately Hawley will win the primary unless he can be brought down as an accomplice to the recently resigned Governor.

I am voting for Peterson, but this is the only venue I have even heard his name mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I donate to his campaign monthly and I'm not a Missouri resident/can't vote for him. Almost too much to hope for to unseat a RINO AND have his replacement be as pro-Second Amendment as Austin seems to be.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Hell Yes., fuck that guy!
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Unfortunately Hawley will win the primary unless he can be brought down as an accomplice to the recently resigned Governor.

I am voting for Peterson, but this is the only venue I have even heard his name mentioned.
View Quote
Didn't Peterson run to become the Libertarian candidate for POTUS last go around?

I seem to remember a story where when Gary Johnson won the party nomination, Peterson gave him some historic musket or replica of one owned by a Founder or something, and Johnson being a douche chucked it in the trash.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Didn't Peterson run to become the Libertarian candidate for POTUS last go around?

I seem to remember a story where when Gary Johnson won the party nomination, Peterson gave him some historic musket or replica of one owned by a Founder or something, and Johnson being a douche chucked it in the trash.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep that was him.

https://www.ammoland.com/2016/06/libertarian-candidate-gary-johnson-throws-gift-gun-in-garbage

As a token of good faith, Austin gave Johnson a replica of George Washington’s flintlock pistol, to let him know that he has Austin’s full support in the general election. Tearing up on the front stage of the convention floor, Austin said to Gary as he presented him with the pistol, “You have my sword, and you have my gun.”

In a video, Austin Petersen  explains that the gun is a prized possession, and that he is giving it to Gary Johnson.  The pistol is a flintlock replica of one of George Washington's guns.  It thus has multiple symbolic meanings to Second Amendment supporters.  It represents liberty, limited government, the Second Amendment, and the Constitution that George Washington helped to write.

The Libertarian Presidential candidate, Johnson threw it in the trash. The pistol, as part of a matched pair of firing replicas, sells for about $2,500. Non-firing replicas go for about $86. It is not clear if the pistol was capable of firing or not.
Whichever version of the pistol was thrown in the trash, it shows a severe lack of judgement on the Johnson campaign. The discarding of the pistol was witnessed, the pistol was recovered, and returned to Austin Peterson.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
MO GOP just allowed RNC to spend money on Josh Hawley before the Primary which has never been done before.

Josh may get a big surprise when he looses primary.   Austin is getting a lot of traction in MO and Josh is a RINO who is taking race as over.

MO is open primary so Dems can cross over as well...….
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive always liked Austin Peterson. Hes young so I hope he has a long career ahead of him.

Hes running with the RP and not the LP correct? If hes running RP, good move.

And another thing I heard from him lately that I like was- (Im paraphrasing) We shouldnt be arguing bump stocks being legal. We should be arguing machine guns in NY being legal.

Meaning we should be on the offense for big stuff, not defense for little stuff. Anyone super pro gun like that Im an immediate fan.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]
That was kinda awesome.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I was under the impression Austin was an open borders kinda guy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I happen to know Claire Bear personally. I asked her who she would prefer to run against in the general election...Austin.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm voting for Petersen.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Disappointed in Hawley. I’ll be voting Peterson.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes he is.

Sadly, Hawley already has Trump endorsing him and just recently, the local Republican Senate committee voted to allow the National Republican Senate Committee to begin spending money on him BEFORE the primary!

I wont vote for Hawley. He is the Swamp.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Not quite.... https://971talk.radio.com/blogs/annie-frey-show/austin-petersen-talks-scotus-pick-and-debating-claire-mccakill

from the link:

So, I think that we should have the  power to control our borders. The problem of course is that we that we have had bad immigration laws written since the late 1800's started writing it we didn't the founding fathers only give the feds power of a naturalization. So how you would become an American citizen not how you would get here. So, we kind of had mass migration for quite some time here in the United States. Illegal immigration is a relatively new concept and we have some court precedents that have been set that are problematic. We don't know if you're born here. If you're born here that makes you an American citizen or if your parents exclusively are what make you an American citizen. That has been defined by the courts yet. So we do have a little bit of legal trouble  Abraham Lincoln you know, this is the time when the anti-immigrant settiment started rise of the know-nothings. Abraham Lincoln was famously said if you want to get a bad law repealed, enforce it completely. Enforce it to the fullest extent of the law. President Trump did that and then he turned around and sign an executive order because His predecessors have been doing something wrong. But of course the Democrats didn't call out Obama when he was doing it. I believe in a security check, a disease check, before you come here like the Ellis Island years. That's not open borders. Just because I don't want to give away American civil liberties or engage in a massive undertaking for eminent domain, which is not conservative. I think that the federal government destroys everything it touches in general and they waste cash and they spend more than they project on projects. I think we can have border security without creating a massive FDR style public works program on our Souther border. You know, it'll probably take at least 20 years to just steal up all the land under eminent domain. Most people don't know the president. You serve two terms. It's only 8 years. So question is is do you want a yes-man to go to Washington DC? Because a yes-man is not an honest man. I am running against a lot of yes-man. I'm running against a lot of yes-men, and their willing to say whatever it takesto win and have power. I'm not willing to lie to the people of Missouri so that I can exercise arbitrary authority over them. And so I want to make sure that everybody understands what the economics of the stitutation is. You can't have a hoard of peole coming here being undocumented perhaps spreading infectious diseases. But if there is a hurricane in Texas and people want to spread south remember, wall that can be built to keep people out can also be used to keep people in. I don't feel like going through a checkpoint if I'm trying to get the hell out of something happens if I'm on the Border, you know celebrating on the Rio Grande for whatever reason, you know Texas, that's 2/3 that land is privately owned privately owned by the states. So, the Federal government has to come to do all the taking up of that. I don't I don't relish or have glee in the government coming in and using it at domain to take up people's property. So yeah, I think an Ellis Island style protcol, you know, maybe some some centers were people can come and be processed. Everybody wants less illegal immigration. I want no illegal immigration. None, zero. But that means you have to make a legal immigration simpler. Some people want to get rid of them immigration over how many they want fewer people. But if you don't want fewer legal immigrants, you're going to get more illegal immigrants that's just supply and demand.
You can hear audio at the link and there is more as well.

I think Austin Peterson is a MUCH better choice than Hawley.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#16]
The only way Petersen can win is if gun owners get off their asses, support him, and vote.  People will claim "we are doing that" but it is mostly a lie.  When you have primary voter turn out of only 25% that is a lot of people and gun owners sitting on their lazy asses.  It also means that the votes of the people who do actually show up have even more influence.  If all gun owners showed up and voted for Petersen then he would win, simple as that.

Right now Hawley is sitting with $2 million in cash, that was before the GOP started funneling money to him.  Petersen is sitting on only $70,000.  If Petersen is to have a chance the people of Missouri needed to start supporting him.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I happen to know Claire Bear personally. I asked her who she would prefer to run against in the general election...Austin.
View Quote
The grassroots may giver her her wish.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
He is.

He's also a bit of a never trumper.

This is a replay of 2012.  If Petersen wins, Missouri will successfully send the least popular senator in the country back to DC.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I donate to his campaign monthly and I'm not a Missouri resident/can't vote for him. Almost too much to hope for to unseat a RINO AND have his replacement be as pro-Second Amendment as Austin seems to be.
View Quote
Its OK.  The only people donating to him are non Missouri residents.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Actually, Petersen is the living embodiment of what it means to be a RINO.

He's an ideological carpetbagger.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh and for those that don’t know MO is open primary State.  Clair’s family can all show up and pull republican ballots and vote for Austin if they want to do that.   This could be very interesting next few weeks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#22]
So Claire said she would rather run against Peterson? And Claire always tells the truth, right. The lying bitch.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So Claire said she would rather run against Peterson? And Claire always tells the truth, right. The lying bitch.
View Quote
Peterson is a political nobody with very little funding and support.  Hawley has political experience, political connections, is owed political favors, and is backed by the GOPe.  Of course Claire McCaskill rather face Peterson in the primary.  She would point out some of his views as being extremist that most the state wouldn't connect with to discourage Republicans from voting and then call in political favors that she has accumulated as being a sitting Senator.

This is politics, there is no good candidate, and idealism means nothing.  The GOP is going to back the candidate most likely to win even if they are a pathetic RINO.  Political connections and ability to raise funds through public support are the two biggest criteria when it comes to running a successful campaign.  If the person doesn't connect with the public enough that they show overwhelming support, then they don't have a chance.  Connecting with the public takes time and money.  To get that initial funding it takes political connections to give you a boost to get started. Unfortunately Peterson has none of that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
He is.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup. Saw this recently in one of his instagram posts. Extremely disappointing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of libertarians are for open borders after dissolving the welfare state. Ideologically they may support it but practically it’ll never matter.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Will be voting for Peterson in the primary but we will probably get the rino that doesnt even want to be running to vote for in the general.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oh and for those that don’t know MO is open primary State.  Clair’s family can all show up and pull republican ballots and vote for Austin if they want to do that.   This could be very interesting next few weeks.
View Quote
They probably did the same thing with Aiken
Top Top