Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2022 5:12:11 PM EDT
So a little back story, A year ago I sent in newly purchased Beretta 92X for warranty work because right out of the box it failed to ignite primers on three different brands of ammo. After about three months I was told that the gun was not repairable and a complete new replacement unit was the prognosis. Well a little over 9 months later I am still being told its on "Backorder" yet I see new Berettas on local dealer displays. Countless calls, emails and even a complaint with Better Business Bureau and I still can't the issue resolved. I have been beyond cordial and have asked to select something that's in stock or even just a refund and they refuse to do anything for me. How can a little guy like me get some sort of compensation that's owed from a large corporation?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that sucks. Have they given you any kind of timeline for when it might be in stock?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
No they will not give me a timeline.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Similar CS issue happened to a poster on the Beretta Handgun sub forum here - I doubt it’ll give you advice but you aren’t alone…

Maybe keep asking for a check? And then buy what you want from there?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
This is unfortunately oar for the course from Beretta these days.

Maybe ask for a complete refund on your purchase price?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My state has an attorney general help line.  I’ll be damned if I didn’t get a response in 6 hours.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell them you will accept an even swap for M9A4 Centurion instead.

I am not kidding. Ask them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Similar CS issue happened to a poster on the Beretta Handgun sub forum here - I doubt it’ll give you advice but you aren’t alone…

Maybe ask for a check? And then buy what you want from there?
View Quote

Already asked for a check. I never get beyond first level CS. Some of them try to help but it always falls on managers who do not seem to care.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My state has an attorney general help line.  I’ll be damned if I didn’t get a response in 6 hours.
View Quote

I may have to look into this here in Texas.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah this so we’ll known.

You should never buy any beretta or beretta usa imported product (if you expect any modicum of CS).

They import a lot of other brands too
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]
DIY new firing pin and spring?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#12]
That's too bad. Several years ago I bought a Tomcat and lost the safety detent and spring as I was removing the grips. I called Beretta and explained what happened (clearly my fault) and offered to pay for the parts. They said it was no big deal and promptly sent out replacements free of charge. I had always held their CS in high regard based on that incident.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Already asked for a check. I never get beyond first level CS. Some of them try to help but it always falls on managers who do not seem to care.
View Quote

Sorry - I meant to say keep asking for a check but if they are ignoring that then either the AG route or ask @swampfoxoutdoors for any contact info he had from Beretta. I see now you commented in his thread.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe someone with a linkedin account can find more Beretta contacts?

Jeff Reh
General Counsel at Beretta U.S.A. Corp.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-reh-3aa944190?trk=public_profile_samename-profile

Sveva Da Roit - Chief Financial Officer - Beretta USA - LinkedIn

No clue if these are all correct, but it's a place to start:
https://www.adapt.io/company/beretta-usa--corp-
https://www.zoominfo.com/c/beretta-holding-spa/4424808

ETA: I started running these names through google and confirmed a few are correct.  Found Twitter and Instagram for Dakotah.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I’ve had excellent CS at Beretta, including a replacement.

My wait was maybe a month.  

9 months is a long time, and even though it sucks, I would believe them if they say a replacement isn’t available yet.  

I would just be patient.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You should never buy any beretta or beretta usa imported product (if you expect any modicum of CS).

View Quote

Somebody tell all those guys in that Beretta 1301 tactical thread.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Ever since Erik Stern left BUSA and moved to FN, service at BUSA is shit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Ruben was the guy I spoke too. If I can find his number I’ll post it.

It’s a company phone number which is listed in the company directory.

Will have to look tomorrow at work. I actually threw it away the other day but think it’s in my trash can still.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's too bad. Several years ago I bought a Tomcat and lost the safety detent and spring as I was removing the grips. I called Beretta and explained what happened (clearly my fault) and offered to pay for the parts. They said it was no big deal and promptly sent out replacements free of charge. I had always held their CS in high regard based on that incident.
View Quote

Ruger did the same for me when I lost a part while removing the mag safety on my LC9. Just about the only way to lose that part is to disassemble beyond factory recommendation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Glock or go fuck ya mutha.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't tell that to the 1301 fan boys.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

9 months is a long time, and even though it sucks, I would believe them if they say a replacement isn’t available yet.  

I would just be patient.
View Quote

It's actually been a few days over a year since I sent it to them. I cant imagine needing to be more patient when I know they have made more 92Xs in a year that they could have sent me. They have my money already and don't care.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Boy we've heard this before. Also contact the AG in whatever state Beretta is in
View Quote

Maryland, I believe.  Good luck getting the state AG to help with a gun problem.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's actually been a few days over a year since I sent it to them. I cant imagine needing to be more patient when I know they have made more 92Xs in a year that they could have sent me. They have my money already and don't care.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would just be patient.

Sent you an IM before I saw this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#25]
I doubt I would have waited as long as you have.

Not sure of the venue on your claim but they'll still have to have someone show up in order to dispute it.

However, when you file a small claim against a large company, chances are you won’t ever get to a hearing. The point in filing such a claim really isn’t to have your day in court; it’s to get your grievance switched from the ineffective customer service department to the much more responsive legal department.Since they don’t want to pay a local attorney to show up at a small claim hearing, it’s likely they will negotiate a satisfactory settlement with you.

https://kahlerfinancial.com/financial-awakenings/weekly-column/small-claims-get-results-with-big-companies

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Beretta Customer Service Manager

Ruben 301-283-2191 extension 1275

This number is available via the call directory on Beretta USA phone system so this is not a Dox.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Maybe someone with a linkedin account can find more Beretta contacts?

Jeff Reh
General Counsel at Beretta U.S.A. Corp.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-reh-3aa944190?trk=public_profile_samename-profile

Sveva Da Roit - Chief Financial Officer - Beretta USA - LinkedIn

No clue if these are all correct, but it's a place to start:
https://www.adapt.io/company/beretta-usa--corp-
https://www.zoominfo.com/c/beretta-holding-spa/4424808

ETA: I started running these names through google and confirmed a few are correct.  Found Twitter and Instagram for Dakotah.
View Quote

I appreciate the effort!
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Beretta Customer Service Manager

Ruben 301-283-2191 extension 1275

This number is available via the call directory on Beretta USA phone system so this is not a Dox.
View Quote

I will give him a try. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#29]
So what did Ruben have to say?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Been busy, will try this week.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I may have to look into this here in Texas.
View Quote

Most states have consumer protection laws and the State AG's office usually has a component for investigating complaints. In VA you can file online. I had a medical company keep erroneously charging my CC. This drug out for a few months until I informed them that I would be turning the issue over to the state. It was resolved in a few hours without having to file a complaint.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Report the gun stolen?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not sure of the venue on your claim but they'll still have to have someone show up in order to dispute it.

However, when you file a small claim against a large company, chances are you won’t ever get to a hearing. The point in filing such a claim really isn’t to have your day in court; it’s to get your grievance switched from the ineffective customer service department to the much more responsive legal department.Since they don’t want to pay a local attorney to show up at a small claim hearing, it’s likely they will negotiate a satisfactory settlement with you.

https://kahlerfinancial.com/financial-awakenings/weekly-column/small-claims-get-results-with-big-companies

View Quote

@sjm1582002 your avatar, where is that from. Everytime I see it
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

However, when you file a small claim against a large company, chances are you won't ever get to a hearing. The point in filing such a claim really isn't to have your day in court; it's to get your grievance switched from the ineffective customer service department to the much more responsive legal department.Since they don't want to pay a local attorney to show up at a small claim hearing, it's likely they will negotiate a satisfactory settlement with you.

View Quote

My dad sued General Motors in small claims back in the 80's and won.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Report the gun stolen?
View Quote

I actually thought about do that with my 92X that was with them for like 8.5 months. But really nothing good that can come out of that situation.

The small claims court I too considered but didn't know if it would be my local magistrate court or theirs up in Maryland.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Years back when I had an FFL I sent a defective Beretta handgun in for repair.
They lost it.

After several calls the Beretta employee told me UPS lost it. Put a trace on it thru UPS and had the signature of the Berretta person that received it it in. I then faxed that to Beretta.
A week later they acknowledged they received it but "was looking for it" but not lost.

Two weeks pass then I get a call they found it.
Another couple weeks pass and I received the gun back , the box looked like an elephant stepped on it and missing the cleaning rod.

Berretta CS sucks and a tie with FN.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Their customer service pissed me off so bad over a broken fire pin that I had it fixed locally for half of what they wanted to inspect it, ($75 then time and materials), sold it and never looked back.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#38]
You're a novice Beretta owner, you fucked around and found out.  If your Beretta doesn't say, "Made in Italy", it is american mfgd GARBAGE, 'nuff said??????
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You're a novice Beretta owner, you fucked around and found out.  If your Beretta doesn't say, "Made in Italy", it is american mfgd GARBAGE, 'nuff said??????
View Quote

Italian guns are having issues too. So not sure if your joking or trolling.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So a little back story, A year ago I sent in newly purchased Beretta 92X for warranty work because right out of the box it failed to ignite primers on three different brands of ammo. After about three months I was told that the gun was not repairable and a complete new replacement unit was the prognosis. Well a little over 9 months later I am still being told its on "Backorder" yet I see new Berettas on local dealer displays. Countless calls, emails and even a complaint with Better Business Bureau and I still can't the issue resolved. I have been beyond cordial and have asked to select something that's in stock or even just a refund and they refuse to do anything for me. How can a little guy like me get some sort of compensation that's owed from a large corporation?
View Quote

Why don't you write to Ugo Beretta in Gardone Val Trompia?

Ugo is a fine man and he will be very distressed at the way his people in the US are behaving.

Dr Ugo Gassali Beretta
Via Pietro Beretta 18
Gardone Val Trompia, Brescia
Italy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Briley Manufacturing here in Houston does a lot of Beretta's tuning work. If you are stuck I'd take it to them to check out what's wrong and they have close communication with Beretta
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Crazy light primer strikes ended up being a total loss and needs a replacement for the entire gun.

And we all know my feelings on this matter...
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Briley Manufacturing here in Houston does a lot of Beretta's tuning work. If you are stuck I'd take it to them to check out what's wrong and they have close communication with Beretta
View Quote

How?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How?
View Quote
OP said he's in TX. If he's anywhere near Houston I'd ask them too look at it. Briley does a lot of gunsmith work for Beretta and could likely get him way past the first level of CS
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Ruger did the same for me when I lost a part while removing the mag safety on my LC9. Just about the only way to lose that part is to disassemble beyond factory recommendation.
View Quote

Mossberg hooked me up with a new extractor piece and the little ball and spring when I launched them into the unknown.
I’d already lost faith in the rifle since the little extractor piece was plastic which is why it broke in the first place but I’ll give them props for the customer service.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
OP said he's in TX. If he's anywhere near Houston I'd ask them too look at it. Briley does a lot of gunsmith work for Beretta and could likely get him way past the first level of CS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How?

He doesn’t have the gun. Beretta does.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP also said he sent it in to Beretta and cant get it back so taking it to a different gunsmith will prove challenging.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I had to threaten beretta to call My credit card company to do a charge back to refund my money for the defective shotgun barrel I recieved.

That was over a 4-5 months time period. Once I made the threat my refund was issued the next day

To anyone reading this -

Document every call - time of day, the person and extension they can be reached. Documents when they transfer you and to what department.Documents emails, voicemails etc. Make copies of return labels, tracking numbers etc.

Fuck beretta customer service in the ass with a cactus
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I had to threaten beretta to call My credit card company to do a charge back to refund my money for the defective shotgun barrel I recieved.

That was over a 4-5 months time period. Once I made the threat my refund was issued the next day

To anyone reading this -

Document every call - time of day, the person and extension they can be reached. Documents when they transfer you and to what department.Documents emails, voicemails etc. Make copies of return labels, tracking numbers etc.
View Quote

This is very true. I wrote down the dates, times and who I spoke to every time. Then encouraged them to pull the audio from previous calls “they state all calls are recorded when you call” and explain why their story would change from one week to the next.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top