BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Smoking caused cancer but cut appetite and anxiety.  Now we have a bunch of morbidly obese type II diabetics on anti-anxiety meds.
View Quote

Uncomfortable truth is uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
They should be denied medical insurance, maybe that would help.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Target is the worst. They have fucking land whales in all of their underwear photos.

I got no problem with a chubby cute chick, but these fucking buffalos that they have in their store advertisements are the worst.

It's like they go out of their way to find the most disgusting hogs for their pictures.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every women's clothing store like old navy, American eagle, Aeropostale, etc are featuring numerous plus sized ads and mannequins in the stores. It's disgusting.

Target is the worst. They have fucking land whales in all of their underwear photos.

I got no problem with a chubby cute chick, but these fucking buffalos that they have in their store advertisements are the worst.

It's like they go out of their way to find the most disgusting hogs for their pictures.

Only women though.  The mail mannequins and models are all ripped.  Seems discriminatory to me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Some people are just naturally obese and it makes zero sense. 98% of the time it's not the case but 2% of the time someone can be healthy other than their weight.  The fit fat paradigm began in the 90s based off of gym bro junk science.  It's more complicated than people make it sound however.
View Quote

False.  If you burn more calories than you consume it is impossible to gain mass, if you think otherwise you must also believe in perpetual motion machines because that's what every fat ass that says "it doesn't matter if I diet, I can't lose weight" is claiming to be.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They should be denied medical insurance, maybe that would help.
View Quote

But they want free insurance. And free housing, and food, and cell phones, and education, and money...
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Or hear me out MYOFB and stay in your lane.  While it’s not the best for them. Harping on them day and night doesn’t help and actually makes it worse.  A lot of heavier people filled a void or coped with something by eating.

We can’t make fun of black people or gay people anymore so let’s make fun of the fatties....

Seriously stfu.

View Quote

Being fat is a choice.  Being black or gay(I'll probably get shit for this one) isn't.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That new Old Navy commercial with the fat girls dancing is cringe worthy. Apparently they're making clothes up to a size 30 now. If a girl weighs more than me (160lbs) she had better be 6'2" or taller.

The trend toward normalizing obesity is disgusting.
View Quote

That ad =

Trying to normalize that shit is
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Why do people say naturally obese, what genetic trait is there for someone to consume and consume and consume the most garbage materials made and choose not to move or exercise "cause muh was born this way". The only thing "natural" about it is that its an addiction and/or a mental issue.

The free market isn't so free when its completely tied around your issues aiding in the fatness. They want you being a profit driven succubus

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Shortest lived grocery store ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I owned a grocery store, all the junk food would be placed on the top shelf....self correcting problem for the fatties in the rascals

Probably.

What about an airline that catered to skinny (normal) people?  Normal sized people sit in the front....fatties are put in the back in fenced in areas.  You could save money by putting the peanuts / pretzels in a trough for them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Probably.

What about an airline that catered to skinny (normal) people?  Normal sized people sit in the front....fatties are put in the back in fenced in areas.  You could save money by putting the peanuts / pretzels in a trough for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I owned a grocery store, all the junk food would be placed on the top shelf....self correcting problem for the fatties in the rascals

Probably.

You might have a center of balance issue with the load plan.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was at a neighborhood party and noticed all of the kids were obese. I don't mean overweight these kids were fatter than any kid I went to school with. They were active though. Running around and even though there was a ton of food, they weren't hogging it down. I'm sure overeating is the primary cause but there has to be other causes. Growing up we had the fat kid in school. He was the only one. I ate junk food and never got fat. Same for my friends. Now it's like 80% of kids are obese.
View Quote

The sat thing is, that is probably the most exercise they have gotten all month. Kids don't get fat by running around all day and not eating.......
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The problem will continue until bread is banned from overweight people.  It's carbs.
View Quote

No, it's not just "bread" or "carbs"........it's two loafs of bread a day, two frozen pizzas a day, a gallon of icecream a day, two value meals at McDonalds, and whatever other snacks and candy they eat.

You don't get to 400+ lbs without sucking down 5,000+++ calories a day and not working them off.

There was that 600lb lady on Dr. Phil once.....they went through what that lady ate in ONE DAY, and it was something like 11,000 calories.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#13]
 There is no legitimate reason to be obese. There is no need whatsoever to only eat garbage. Stop lying with “all I can afford is fast food and Coca Cola” and don’t even give me that that “I’m too busy to exercise”. If you were that busy you could not possibly be that fat.

I work an office job and still average right at 10000 steps per day. This is not difficult at all even when most of my day is sitting at a desk shitposting. It takes half an hour,a lousy half an hour,to put on shorts,head out the front door,run 5k AND have a shower. Half hour,that’s all. I refuse to believe that anyone can not  have a half hour a day to spend on their well-being.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’ve done my little rant in GD before, I guess I might as well chime in here.  

Stop being fucking fat. If my dumb ass (and I’m a functional fucking idiot) can motivate myself enough to go from 330lbs or more.  Down to 208lbs (literally just weighed myself) - 99.5% of people that are obese have no excuse.

Stop being fat.  Yeah, it’s fucking hard. You have to think about what you eat and drink. You have to get up, be motivated and move around.  It takes a long time - I’m over 4 years now.  You have to see the sun once in a while.  

Don’t want to do that? Fine. Live with the consequences. You could drop over dead from any numbers of diseases or physical issues.  Society will look down on you.  You won’t fit into normal places.  Normal clothes won’t fit you. You won’t be able to do normal out door activities.  And I’ll tell you that it’s your own damn fault when you complain about xyz pain.

But don’t make your fucking choices my damn problems.  I do more every day of the week, to make myself healthy now, than most people in the US.  I don’t want to hear about your fucking vaccine or your fuck off useless mask if you have a BMI of 35.  Get the fuck out of here.

Otherwise, motivate yourself. Lose some damn weight. I’m down to 16% body fat at 6’1”.  I did it. You can do it. Unless you’re severely injured, or one of the very very rare genetic disorders - you can do it.  

I had a damn tumor removed from my abdomen, which took two surgeries. And I still, kept at it. And keep at it every day.  

Motivation comes from you. Thinking “oh I’m fine” is wrong. If you think you’re just 20lbs overweight - you’re probably 50lbs.

Do something, just don’t blame anyone else for your weight problems.
View Quote

golfclap.mp4

Well done
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every women's clothing store like old navy, American eagle, Aeropostale, etc are featuring numerous plus sized ads and mannequins in the stores. It's disgusting.

Money. With businesses, it's all about the money.

They're aware that there are lots of landwhales in the US and they don't want to potentially miss out on those sales (BTW, I've never looked, but do those sizes cost extra? If not, why not? It takes 2X to 4X the material that a petite size does).

Same thing with US Men's clothing (and I've mentioned this numerous times before). It's sad when US Men's Regular cut shirts are cut for a negative differential (chest circumference smaller than waist, by 4" - 6").

'Euro' cuts for things like suits etc. have the waist smaller than the chest.

So Regular US Men are expected to be fat?

What's even sadder to me, is that US Men's 'Athletic Cut' shirts are cut with a 2" - 4" positive differential ( waist is smaller than the chest). As I posted before, in what universe is a man with a chest only 2" - 4" bigger than his waist, 'athletic'?.

If a guy has a 32" waist and a 36" chest, he's not athletic. If he has a 48" chest and a 44" waist, he's fat.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What I always find amusing in these threads is the persistent idea that all fat people need is someone (or more people) to point out that they are fat in order for them to change their lifestyle.

I have been fat or obese most of my life. (Working towards changing that, but haven't crossed over into not-fat yet.) At no point in that span have I been obese because I wasn't aware of it.
View Quote

It's not that you need to be told you're fat.

It's that you should be ridiculed and shamed for it. Then maybe you would change your lifestyle.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's that you should be ridiculed and shamed for it. Then maybe you would change your lifestyle.
View Quote

Indeed. I often bemoan the fact that I have never been ridiculed or shamed for being fat. Such is my life I suppose.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
snip

What's even sadder to me, is that US Men's 'Athletic Cut' shirts are cut with a 2" - 4" positive differential ( waist is smaller than the chest). As I posted before, in what universe is a man with a chest only 2" - 4" bigger than his waist, 'athletic'?.

If a guy has a 32" waist and a 36" chest, he's not athletic. If he has a 48" chest and a 44" waist, he's fat.
View Quote

In your scientific opinion, what is the optimal waist-to-height ratio to be considered athletic?
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The biggest reason is because crap food is cheap and doesn't take any time to prepare.

You could either swing by the store and pick up some veggies and chicken and grill up some food for your family at home.......

OR......you could swing my McDonald's and pick up a half-dozen BigMac meals with a couple of gallons of soda.

Fatties are fat because it's the easy way.....
View Quote
The food that tastes best to fatties also happens to be high calorie and they consume a shitload of it. That's why they are fat.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Probably.

View Quote

fenced in areas, lol

damn!  I've been alternately either extremely fit (teen years, military, now-ish) or dad-bod-ish (married/kids years).  I've never been obese.

I remember the years where I didn't get my workout or runs in and how shitty I felt with just a dad-pad.  I can't imagine how it feels to be one of these 500lb'ers (or bigger).

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Im gonna have to call bullshit on this one. Even McDonalds offers healthy options. Takes just as long as the unhealthy shit.

The biggest reason that people are fat, is because they are lazy.

Hell, if you work out, you can eat BigMacs and not be fat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The biggest reason is because crap food is cheap and doesn't take any time to prepare.

You could either swing by the store and pick up some veggies and chicken and grill up some food for your family at home.......

OR......you could swing my McDonald's and pick up a half-dozen BigMac meals with a couple of gallons of soda.

Fatties are fat because it's the easy way.....

Im gonna have to call bullshit on this one. Even McDonalds offers healthy options. Takes just as long as the unhealthy shit.

The biggest reason that people are fat, is because they are lazy.

Hell, if you work out, you can eat BigMacs and not be fat.

That requires self control + discomfort.

Most people can't outrun the spoon/fork. They simply eat waaayyyyy too much. What do fat friends say all the time when they help themselves to another slice of pizza/whatever? "Oh, I'll work it off doing a little extra at the gym". BS, and they know it.
A) they'll make excuses like they always do
B) folks don't realize how much effort it takes to burn off an extra 250 calories that they consumed from a single extra slice of pizza, or soda pop,  or sundae or whatever, and all these landwhales aren't eating a mere 250 calorie excess a day.

That reminds me of another add that I find ironically sad/funny, because the folks who wrote the script probably didn't realize it. Some add for diabetic medication (?) that has a fat older man.

One segment, they show him at the park doing a slow weave between obstacles in a circle (the kind of 'exercise' for people who'd have a heart attack from anything more strenuous) while the narrator is talking about how people have lost weight on the medication. Then it segues into the fat old guy 'rewarding' himself with TWO ice cream sundaes with toppings and shit.

I think it's supposed to convey the message, "See? If you take this medication and put a little bit of effort in, you can enjoy these things too". Instead, what I see in the ad is, "HAH! That fatass is STILL fat, because he thinks the 47 calories he burned in that pathetic 'workout' allows him to binge on the 500 calories of dessert he's rewarding himself with. Truth in advertising, but they don't realize it".
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

California is known for a lot of bad things.
But we do have one of the lowest obesity rates by state in the country.

Even here it is getting all sorts of hammy and planety.

Interesting observation is there seems to be a socioeconomic and race dynamic to it.

In my professional life, I deal with very wealthy people.
Very, very few of them are overweight/obese.

My previous career had me in contact with all aspects of society.
It seems the poorer you are, the fatter, especially women. Poorer men seem to be (not all) in better shape as many have physically demanding jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your not wrong, I notice this everywhere we go and it’s kinda scary. I just wonder if people even realize how big they’ve gotten. I’d say your fairly close at 70%.

California is known for a lot of bad things.
But we do have one of the lowest obesity rates by state in the country.

Even here it is getting all sorts of hammy and planety.

Interesting observation is there seems to be a socioeconomic and race dynamic to it.

In my professional life, I deal with very wealthy people.
Very, very few of them are overweight/obese.

My previous career had me in contact with all aspects of society.
It seems the poorer you are, the fatter, especially women. Poorer men seem to be (not all) in better shape as many have physically demanding jobs.

Or... it's possible that smarter people might tend to make better choices in general, whether it's personal economics, business and finances, or health.

People who seem to gravitate (gravytate? ) towards shitty choices in general, seem to do that in multiple aspects of their lives.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Or... it's possible that smarter people might tend to make better choices in general, whether it's personal economics, business and finances, or health.

People who seem to gravitate (gravytate? ) towards shitty choices in general, seem to do that in multiple aspects of their lives.
View Quote

There are quite a few studies that support this. Bottom line - only in America are poor people fat.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

fenced in areas, lol

damn!  I've been alternately either extremely fit (teen years, military, now-ish) or dad-bod-ish (married/kids years).  I've never been obese.

I remember the years where I didn't get my workout or runs in and how shitty I felt with just a dad-pad.  I can't imagine how it feels to be one of these 500lb'ers (or bigger).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably.

fenced in areas, lol

Admittedly I've spent way too many flights over the years squeezed into half of my seat because some land whale decided they wanted to become an air whale.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

B) folks don't realize how much effort it takes to burn off an extra 250 calories that they consumed from a single extra slice of pizza, or soda pop,  or sundae or whatever, and all these landwhales aren't eating a mere 250 calorie excess a day.
View Quote

this is a huge thing.

people don't realize how much work it takes to burn that shit off.

I can do a 25 mile, 3,500 ft climb ride and it says I burned 1200 calories.

you see these land whales suck down 1200 cal in soda, while eatting a burger and fries, but its OK, they parked on the other side of the lot so #earnedit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What I always find amusing in these threads is the persistent idea that all fat people need is someone (or more people) to point out that they are fat in order for them to change their lifestyle.

I have been fat or obese most of my life. (Working towards changing that, but haven't crossed over into not-fat yet.) At no point in that span have I been obese because I wasn't aware of it.
View Quote

Not bashing you at all (keep kicking ass towards your goal,) but I don't see how that could possibly be "the persistent idea" in these threads. In an anonymous online forum, no one knows who is fat and who isn't fat. So it's hard to say that people are just pointing out that some members are fat.

My takeaway from these threads (admittedly sometimes brash) is that people are pointing out the MASSIVE problem in this country with so many people being okay with making the decision to be so unhealthy. And that as a nation, we have even shifted towards encouraging this toxic behavior. With ~80% of the population being overweight, how many of those people do you think are carrying on with their day, thinking that they are completely normal and everything is fine?
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There is no legitimate reason to be obese. There is no need whatsoever to only eat garbage. Stop lying with “all I can afford is fast food and Coca Cola” and don’t even give me that that “I’m too busy to exercise”. If you were that busy you could not possibly be that fat.

View Quote

You can argue that that the inverse is true as well. There is no (immediate) legitimate reason to be physically fit. We live in a time and place of peace and technology. For the most part, peoples day to day lives aren't negatively impacted by being overweight, until much later in life. It's hard for anyone to break a lifetime of bad habits.

Until society changes their stance on obesity and health, there won't be any significant change to the trend. Hell, it is extremely frowned upon in parenting circles for a parent to criticize a child's weight or do anything at all that will enforce a 'negative' body image issue. Most parents will go out of their way to convince a child that it is okay to be fat.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That would be logical... scaling ticket prices based on weight.

I mean, just from a straight logistics standpoint, there's no reason for anyone to be offended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no problem with Blubber People, as long as I don't have to sit next to them on an airplane.
Chubsters aren't cluttering up the elk woods, or snagging the river permits. So, for me, it's a win.

I'm just amazed. How much food do you have to eat to get to 3-400 pounds?

Fat people have to be costing the airlines a fortune in extra fuel.  Airline tickets should be just like freight and based off weight...and segregated by size on the plane.

I mean, just from a straight logistics standpoint, there's no reason for anyone to be offended.

Makes sense. Gross weight. Person + luggage. A 105 lb woman can bring 200 lbs of luggage for the same price as the 305 lb person with no luggage.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Makes sense. Gross weight. Person + luggage. A 105 lb woman can bring 200 lbs of luggage for the same price as the 305 lb person with no luggage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no problem with Blubber People, as long as I don't have to sit next to them on an airplane.
Chubsters aren't cluttering up the elk woods, or snagging the river permits. So, for me, it's a win.

I'm just amazed. How much food do you have to eat to get to 3-400 pounds?

Fat people have to be costing the airlines a fortune in extra fuel.  Airline tickets should be just like freight and based off weight...and segregated by size on the plane.

Damn. I didn't even think about the luggage aspect.

That's brilliant!
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's that you should be ridiculed and shamed for it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The sat thing is, that is probably the most exercise they have gotten all month. Kids don't get fat by running around all day and not eating.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at a neighborhood party and noticed all of the kids were obese. I don't mean overweight these kids were fatter than any kid I went to school with. They were active though. Running around and even though there was a ton of food, they weren't hogging it down. I'm sure overeating is the primary cause but there has to be other causes. Growing up we had the fat kid in school. He was the only one. I ate junk food and never got fat. Same for my friends. Now it's like 80% of kids are obese.

A few things I noticed in school in the 70s and 80s.

The fidgety kids were usually skinny.

Fat kids generally had fat parents. Fit parents had kids who usually played sports.

When I hung out with friends who weren't fat, we spent the day biking everywhere, running around and generally being physically active.

When I would go over to hang out with the couple of overweight (back then) friends, it was TV and board games.

The one chubbier buddy (with fat parents) who joined the rest of us nuts running, biking and doing outside physically active shit (we also didn't eat much while running around all day... until dinnertime), went from fat to not fat in a single summer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In your scientific opinion, what is the optimal waist-to-height ratio to be considered athletic?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

If we're talking about 'Athletic' male physiques, then simply look at athletes. On average, a male athlete's chest to waist will have anywhere from a 10" or greater differential (eg. 32" waist, 42" or bigger chest).
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If we're talking about 'Athletic' male physiques, then simply look at athletes. On average, a male athlete's chest to waist will have anywhere from a 10" or greater differential (eg. 32" waist, 42" or bigger chest).
View Quote

Based on your personal observation?

Is Ezekiel Elliot not an athlete? His chest is 40" and his waist is 36".

Name some athletes with a 10" or greater waist/chest differential please. I'll give you one: Conor McGregor. So only guys who look like Conor McGregor are "athletic"?
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Interesting Thread.

I agree with a lot of what has been said about FDA food pyramid is a bunch of crap. When I eat carbs I get fat. When I eat meat and veggies I don't.

I had a gluten allergy and cold turkied wheat and noticed I dropped a bunch of weight.

Low Carb and Low Sugar is what I am doing now and losing weight and getting more weight at the gym and pushing it up each week.

People with red cars or sports cars pay more car insurance. Why shouldn't people that weigh 350 pay more for health insurance?
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

this is a huge thing.

people don't realize how much work it takes to burn that shit off.

I can do a 25 mile, 3,500 ft climb ride and it says I burned 1200 calories.

you see these land whales suck down 1200 cal in soda, while eatting a burger and fries, but its OK, they parked on the other side of the lot so #earnedit.
View Quote

Morbidly obese people usual have several things in common. Soda is among them. In today’s age of information, people know what they need to be fit and healthy. It is a choice
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Interesting Thread.

I agree with a lot of what has been said about FDA food pyramid is a bunch of crap. When I eat carbs I get fat. When I eat meat and veggies I don't.

I had a gluten allergy and cold turkied wheat and noticed I dropped a bunch of weight.

Low Carb and Low Sugar is what I am doing now and losing weight and getting more weight at the gym and pushing it up each week.

People with red cars or sports cars pay more car insurance. Why shouldn't people that weigh 350 pay more for health insurance?
View Quote

Yep. I was listening to NPR like 6 years ago and even they admitted the food pyramid is crap.  That the "scientists" were paid to make studies that showed the results the different food lobbyists wanted.

But Trust the Science!  Trust the Experts!
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Name some athletes with a 10" or greater waist/chest differential please. I'll give you one: Conor McGregor. So only guys who look like Conor McGregor are "athletic"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While that may be what Google shows. I have a hard time believing that a muscular 6'0" 225lb guy has a 40" chest circumference.

2 different, well-known Michaels:
Michael Jordan: 6'6" 218lbs (in his prime). 44" chest. 36" waist in a sport where skill and stamina matter more than strength/power than in football.
Mike Tyson: 5'10" 218lbs (in his prime). 52" chest. 36" waist, in a sport where he was known for his power.

And you really think Ezekiel Elliott at a muscular 6'0 225lbs has a 40" chest measurement?

3rd Michael (fit actor vs competitve athlete)
Michael B. Jordan: 5'11". Various weight estimates from 175 - 185 lbs. 43" Chest (33" waist, but that's not the point. The point is that a muscular EE at 6'0" 225lbs is supposed to have a smaller chest than a guy who's 40 - 50 lbs lighter? Not buying it)

On cursory observation, he might have that HGH gut thing too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep. I was listening to NPR like 6 years ago and even they admitted the food pyramid is crap.  That the "scientists" were paid to make studies that showed the results the different food lobbyists wanted.

But Trust the Science!  Trust the Experts!
View Quote

Remember the marketing campaigns around the various channels, pork the other white meat, milk its makes your body strong, eggs, the anti-salt crowd they've flipped this way and that. They all jockeyed for position until they all got together and banded to have the FDA be the thing that tells you this or that. FDA is so corrupt its insane no one realizes it. 75% of its budget is funded by Big Pharma with Agra making the rest. 6-11 servings of PASTA A DAY? Are you kidding me? Saturated fats are BAD?

Big Agra is just as bad, as Big Pharma. The Biofuel you eat with these garbage seed oils is disgusting.

Nothing the Gov't tells you isn't from a greased palm. 3 countries allow pharma to advertise in the whole world, the US being one of them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

False.  If you burn more calories than you consume it is impossible to gain mass, if you think otherwise you must also believe in perpetual motion machines because that's what every fat ass that says "it doesn't matter if I diet, I can't lose weight" is claiming to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people are just naturally obese and it makes zero sense. 98% of the time it's not the case but 2% of the time someone can be healthy other than their weight.  The fit fat paradigm began in the 90s based off of gym bro junk science.  It's more complicated than people make it sound however.

Fatties cannot thermodynamics.

Yes, it's a verb now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I seriously think some of you guys should move into HOA's and get on the board.  Start LARPing around the neighborhood and sticking your nose into others business.  If you are aware of the things going on in the world today and this is the thing that makes you get on the soapbox. Wow!  Meanwhile our leader is checking his watch while the Marine's that his retarded leadership got killed are being returned to Dover AFB. But OMG, Lets hate on the fatties.    

Tom in Orlando
View Quote

Who invited the fat guy?
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Same observation, but mostly economic.

Don’t see fat women at Whole Foods during lunch.

Nor do I see them getting out of the Tesla/Land Rover/Lexus at the kindergarten line.

Some say it’s the money that lets them do that, probably so to an extent but it’s mostly wanting to not be fat, as in they care.
View Quote

That's because they know it they get fat they will be replaced and no more Tesla/Land Rover/Lexus and big house on the hill.

It's an apartment and a Craigslist clunker for them!
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fatties are gross. Fatty inkies are even grosser.
View Quote

Yeah, but ya get shade in the summer, heat in the winter and moving pictures all year long!
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
But basically 50% of American adults are obese and another 30% are at least overweight. 70-80% seems to represent the population at large (no pun intended).
View Quote

No worries. Not like it'll have any long term consequences for the nation at large...
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#44]
It sure would be interesting to run an experiment, place some cameras on the celling above the check out lines at an average grocery store, and start seeing what kinds of foods people buy.

noting the fat to chip ratio.

I bet I could get a grant for this
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Who invited the fat guy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I seriously think some of you guys should move into HOA's and get on the board.  Start LARPing around the neighborhood and sticking your nose into others business.  If you are aware of the things going on in the world today and this is the thing that makes you get on the soapbox. Wow!  Meanwhile our leader is checking his watch while the Marine's that his retarded leadership got killed are being returned to Dover AFB. But OMG, Lets hate on the fatties.    

Tom in Orlando

Who invited the fat guy?

Well, it's an intervention thread so somebody had to
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not bashing you at all (keep kicking ass towards your goal,) but I don't see how that could possibly be "the persistent idea" in these threads. In an anonymous online forum, no one knows who is fat and who isn't fat. So it's hard to say that people are just pointing out that some members are fat.

My takeaway from these threads (admittedly sometimes brash) is that people are pointing out the MASSIVE problem in this country with so many people being okay with making the decision to be so unhealthy. And that as a nation, we have even shifted towards encouraging this toxic behavior. With ~80% of the population being overweight, how many of those people do you think are carrying on with their day, thinking that they are completely normal and everything is fine?
View Quote

Not necessarily widespread or common, but it seems to crop up every time obesity is discussed. And it isn't a poster calling out another poster, but the idea that the increasing obesity is due (at least in part) to the increased marketing towards obese people instead of the other way.

Very few I'm guessing. I can't speak for everyone else, but the recent celebration of the "dad bod" or all the fat-positive commercials don't make me feel any better about my weight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the mocking must stop or that it is somehow more wrong than other mocking. What I'm addressing is the idea that, in this situation, the mocking is somehow helpful and is being done for the good of the obese. When we mock those with high post counts, we don't pretend that our mocking will be the motivation they need to get a job and move out of their mother's basement. When we mock bikers with loud exhaust pipes, we don't pretend that we do so so they they will accept their small penises. We are honest about our mocking.

tl;dr: Don't pretend mocking the obese is helpful.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
why do you care ?  

their body, their choice ..... I think THE most important thing in life is staying physically "in shape", the more fatties I see I just think less competition for me and my not fat family
View Quote
Likely because they cost us money.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Those day people you saw might have looked at you and your family and thought boy how ugly those people are.  And they are posting about it right now
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Admittedly I've spent way too many flights over the years squeezed into half of my seat because some land whale decided they wanted to become an air whale.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably.

fenced in areas, lol

Even better when you’re tiny and the buttergolem next to you grins as they sit down and says “oh good.”

You just know they’re shoving you into the corner of your seat and not even feeling bad about it because “you don’t need that extra space.”
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#50]
why does anyone care whether or not someone
is skinny or fat
where does the need to judge others come from

yes some people are gluttonous but alot of
fat people are poor, low education and/or  have little time to cook

OP dont you have better things to do with your time
spend time with the wife
spend time with the kids
spend time making more money
spend time fighting for our 2nd amendment rights
spend time volunteering in your local community
there are homeless children and veterans who shed blood for this country living in squalor, etc

if you honestly do all of those things and are perfect
then congratulations
you win the internet today

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top