Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#1]
As much as I would like to say 'good stab',  the clerk's life wasn't in any danger

He'll be charged and found guilty of murder
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That video was very satisfying to watch.  

Three of those turds.  Too bad he couldn't have gotten them all.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck to the clerk, I see a murder charge in his near future.

Very similar to this one https://news3lv.com/news/local/smoke-shop-clerk-facing-murder-charge-in-shooting-death-of-13-year-old
View Quote

It seems like the use of knives in self defense is a bigger up hill battle compared to guns.  Guns solidly have the 2A movement behind it to provide pressure, I don’t think knives receive that nearly as much despite being an arm.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As much as I would like to say 'good stab',  the clerk's life wasn't in any danger

View Quote
and that's exactly why this shit keeps happening. At least Muslims understand the efficacy of removing hands.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

If they stayed behind the counter maybe but once the person jumped the counter it can be argued his life was.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#7]
The other videos on this account! Kek!

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It seems like the use of knives in self defense is a bigger up hill battle compared to guns.  Guns solidly have the 2A movement behind it to provide pressure, I don’t think knives receive that nearly as much despite being an arm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very similar to this one https://news3lv.com/news/local/smoke-shop-clerk-facing-murder-charge-in-shooting-death-of-13-year-old

I think it’s because with knives you have to close the distance with your attacker. Not an issue if the attacker is already on you when you draw the knife and get to work.

But in a case like this.. the thief is several feet away, made no move toward the shop keeper, but shop keeper get his knife out and closes the distance with the thief. That’s just not going to go well if he calls it self defense.

I’m fine with thieves getting stabbed. But this sort of thing just isn’t going to go over well in court.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looked good to me. The neighbors should thank him.
View Quote

Thanks for shanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That video was very satisfying to watch.  

Three of those turds.  Too bad he couldn't have gotten them all.  

View Quote

Good catch.
Had to re-watch to see the 3rd perp holding the door open.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, something about Black Bloc.

Guess there was an event there...
View Quote

Hope they are guarding the shop to prevent the arson.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not at all similar from the way they describe it.
It sounds like he shot a 13 y-o shoplifter who never approached the clerk.
The OP shows him fighting a man who vaulted the counter and engaged directly.

Holy shit.
In that 2016 case, he shot the teen seven times, and....

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/only-on-8-lawyer-speaks-out-after-murder-charge-dropped-in-teen-shooting-death/

Raad Sunna originally faced a first-degree murder charge in the shooting death of Fabricio Patti after the teen allegedly tried to rob a smoke shop last December. That charge was recently dropped down to a gross misdemeanor, “aiming a firearm at a human being.”
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't see the problem here.

Thug was within danger-close distance. Clerk could either advance in defense or retreat (to where? He had nowhere to go) and show his back to the thug.

He counterattacked and won the day. Once he engaged he couldn't stop fighting until the threat was neutralized.

Not only is this a good stab, but it's an excellent stab.

Nowhere in the rules of self-defense is it written that you must defend in retreat and fight off-axis as you fall back. Physical defense will usually involve forward motion. And with multiple bad guys in play, this should be an easy 'not guilty'.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not quite the same.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Sadly that store owner is going to get charged I think.  The only thing I can think of
is maybe arguing disparity of force because there were three of them.  
It was pretty clear they were just rush and grabbing.

I hope he doesn't, but sadly these days the criminals are the good guys.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

He got off with probation

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/las-vegas-smoke-shop-clerk-gets-probation-for-fatally-shooting-boy/amp/
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope that clerk is as good at articulation as he at stabbing, because it’s going to be pretty hard to say that that use of deadly force didn’t exceed the threat.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Also.....videos like this should all have an outtro of Avenge Sevenfold's 'Nightmare'.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Asked for it.

He got it.

Coulda got a job instead.

Oh well.
View Quote

He had a job. The GC let him go. After making the point that he should find another line of work.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looks like the guy was paralyzed. Look at how limp his feet go.
View Quote

Also possible the guy was bleeding out and dying hence losing consciousness and went limp.

Good stabbies.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That last stab looks like it went to the spine.
View Quote

Yeah.  Looked like it was like to the back of his neck at the
shoulders.  That dude knew what he was doing with that
sticker.  I counted seven stabs and he might have been toying with the
idea of slitting his throat at the last bit there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Owner really took the wind out of his sails, glad he knew he fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#23]
As the country singer, Vern Gosdin, once said......"That just about does it don't it".

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Brutal but fitting.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#25]
When he jumped over the counter the deceased triggered the Fight or Flight reflex, too bad it was Fight in this case.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#26]
It's a shame shop keepers have to do the job police aren't allowed to do anymore. Not guilty.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good catch.
Had to re-watch to see the 3rd perp holding the door open.
View Quote

It took me a re watch too.  I saw the turd in white run out and hook a
hard right, then the other one ran and I was like
Makes sense.  There usually is a door guy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Wearing flip flops! Important information from the tard author

From the comments

Maybe he identifies as alive, so no harm done, we have to tolerate his mental health ideas. Pronouns like Breathing and Pulsating, momma didn't raise a quitter
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

The back of the neck insertion may have done it.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Owner really took the wind out of his sails, glad he knew he fucked up.
View Quote

Yep.  I enjoyed that the turd's last moments on earth were spent in pain and terror,
along with the realization that he was going to die doing what he loved.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

In retrospect, sure.

But with a guy at the door, another circling on him from the front side of the counter, and one rummaging on the shelf where there are also sharp scissors, and a letter opener, and feeling all three were likely armed,

He very well may have had a reasonable fear for his life and felt the only way to survive was to go brutally on the offensive.

If you wake up in the middle of the night with someone rummaging through your dresser or closet-
You’re not a mind reader. In both cases,  Maybe he was only looking for your happy sock or some smoke shop stuff, or maybe he was about to attack and kill you.

The bar to establish you felt your life was at risk in your own home or behind the counter of your business or place of employment should be very, very low.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not if I am on the jury.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#33]
We need more of this shit, hope it fucking hurt! Our justice system won't do shit, so it's up to us to take out the trash!
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

3 on 1.
At what point do you make the decision to defend yourself?

When he jumped the counter into the clerks space he was threatening him.

Not Guilty
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Let’s see, kidneys, lung, brachial artery. Yeah, he was down fast.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's a shame shop keepers have to do the job police aren't allowed to do anymore. Not guilty.
View Quote

I’m not sure executing criminals on the spot is in the lawful duties of police.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That last stab looks like it went to the spine.
View Quote

nice
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Hell ya, clean up the community
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Stab until slide lock?
Shop owner should loop that video in his store as a warning.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

3 on 1.

Not Guilty
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 on 1.

Not Guilty

The guy jumped the counter and started to grab merchandise on the shelf. He wasn’t even facing the store employee.

I’m fine with what happened, but the odds of this holding up as self defense are extremely slim.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I think it’s because with knives you have to close the distance with your attacker. Not an issue if the attacker is already on you when you draw the knife and get to work.

But in a case like this.. the thief is several feet away, made no move toward the shop keeper, but shop keeper get his knife out and closes the distance with the thief. That’s just not going to go well if he calls it self defense.

I’m fine with thieves getting stabbed. But this sort of thing just isn’t going to go over well in court.
View Quote

I don’t think a shopkeeper needs to wait till weapons are deployed by an attacker before going to self defense.  Problem is you need a really articulate lawyer to explain the defender is safer by moving closer to their attacker.  There are a lot of potential jurors that just can’t compute that.

I think the only things playing into the defenders favor is multiple attackers committing a felony, and the historical precedence of what can happen to shopkeepers even attackers come over the counter.  What shouldn’t matter but might play a factor because it’s a metro area is the robber was white and the defender a minority.  Clown world.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I was impressed there didn’t seem to be anything slowing that knife down, even in the back where I figured he’d hit some ribs.
View Quote

Never watched chubby's CS testing videos?

***live bone is a lot easier to cut/break/penetrate than calcified bone (and bone exposed to air begins to calcify rapidly).

Even on the hanging rack of ribs (not to mention the full pig carcass tests), LT's stabs easily penetrate the pork ribs (pretty close to human ribs), without even making the rack of ribs bounce/swing away much.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

3 on 1.

Not Guilty
View Quote

Yup. 2 guys in ski masks jumping the counter, 1 holding the door, and the clerk should wait until the two guys are bludgeoning him before he can defend himself? And these are the attitudes on a supposedly right wing forum. Pathetic.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah well....
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes looks that way

Plus 2 .the last stab looked to be in his upper spine
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, as much as I hate thieves. There was never violence (at least from that clip) by any of the 3 perps. First punch thrown by stabbee was after being stabbed 2-3 times. I don't condone stealing in any way, but non-violent petty larsony = death sentence by way of 10-20 stab wounds. Yipes.

Then again, maybe that is what it will take to arrest the decline of society.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
When he jumped over the counter the deceased triggered the Fight or Flight reflex, too bad it was Fight in this case.
View Quote

The clerk was surrounded. His attention and actions were focused on the perforated because he was already on that side of the counter. He had no idea if the 2nd or 3rd perp were going to chime in.
It's Vagas baby, he was just making the odds a little better for him.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#48]
That guy wasn't fuckin' around.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Also possible the guy was bleeding out and dying hence losing consciousness and went limp.

Good stabbies.
View Quote

I think one of the early ones to the back area connected.  He had plenty of blade length to get the job done.  Loss of blood pressure can result in people going limp like that, could be something central nervous related but I think that would be difficult looking at the blade angle on the last stab.  

I don’t think that knife was really sharp either, it looked like it had a lot of drag going in and never seemed to go to the hilt.  Regardless I’m interested in any training or experience the defender has, that was smooth like it wasn’t the first time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#50]
hes dead
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top