User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Setting the psychological narrative. For a future coming soon to you.
View Quote

That's no future. We should make tyranny a crime. Oh wait, it is so long as the tyrants are not in office.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What is a “large capacity ammunition feeding device.”
View Quote

Any device that allows you to load and shoot more than one round before reloading again. Just you wait.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How the fuck do you register ammo?  

ETA:  I have been arrested for ammo before in Turkey on my way through the Airport but that was Turkey.  

The official charge about a year later was Arms Trafficking.  I guess I shoulda got a real lawyer and not google translate.  It was all fun and games until the FBI showed up.
View Quote

Here in the US, I am certain it would be registered as a Democrat

Seriously though, the people of Virginia lost their fucking freedom
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:33:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Open carry in DC isn't too bright under normal circumstances. At least they didn't murder him like the unarmed female.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah this story may need a thread of its own
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:  I have been arrested for ammo before in Turkey on my way through the Airport but that was Turkey.  

The official charge about a year later was Arms Trafficking.  I guess I shoulda got a real lawyer and not google translate.  It was all fun and games until the FBI showed up.

There was a thread in GD right after it happened and I got to Basra and settled in.  I thought the arrest and pay to get out then that was it.  Turns out about a year later the FBI contacted me on the request of the State Dept.  to get my official statement and whatnot for the “trial”.  I ended up with 12 months probation essentially in Turkey so I quit my gig in Basra to avoid any issues transiting through that shithole.  I ran across all the documents when we moved a while back.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Clickbait.

He was open carrying a gun in a place where he was not allowed to do so.

Tyranny?  Sure.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was detained in Seattle for having one .45 round in bottom of my carry on.. for two hours. Missed flight . They acted like I was a full blown terrorist
View Quote

I was going through security in Chattanooga and got pulled aside when the X-ray machine saw a loaded magazine in my carry-on backpack.

They took me into a room and I had to sign a document.  The TSA officer told me they probably couldn't retrieve my checked bag in time to let me secure the mag.  I told them to keep it, and I made the plane.

Overall I think they did their best to help me make my flight.  Since then I always put a checklist in the hard case when I fly with a checked firearm.

In another case I was flagged in O'Hare (probably because I'd declared a gun in my checked bag) and they put me in a room where three angry men sat me down and disassembled my bags, cavity searched me (not really, but it was a thorough pat-down) and scanned the bags with explosives detectors, making sure that if I moved during the process bad things would happen.  It took an hour, and I missed my flight.  They didn't give a rat's ass.

I guess it all depends on where you are, and who you're dealing with.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Except, of course, DC has always been that way.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of my co-workers got busted in India with a few rounds of 5.56 in her carry-on. She got to spend a couple of weeks in jail before they kicked her out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

How was Turkish prison?
Did you get the midnight special?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NRA lawyers to the rescue!
View Quote

Somebody hit The Wayne Light! And for Gods sake, call Massad Ayoob.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was detained in Seattle for having one .45 round in bottom of my carry on.. for two hours. Missed flight . They acted like I was a full blown terrorist
View Quote

Shit you haven't really lived unless you have used a range backpack as a carry on.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You'll learn about how tomorrow afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just read this on my news feed.
I guess this is the idiocy we live in.
Virginia man arrested for high capacity magazine and unregistered ammunition
go Virgina man

They look like this

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Police in Washington, D.C., on Sunday arrested near the Capitol grounds a 22-year-old Virginia man who they said had three high-capacity magazines, a firearm and 37 rounds of unregistered ammunition.

Washington D.C.'s Metropolitan Police Department confirmed to The Hill that officers arrested Guy Berry of Gordonsville, Va., around 2:35 a.m. on Sunday "with the listed firearm clearly visible in a holster." According to a police report, he was carrying a Glock 22, and officers found that he was not allowed to carry a handgun in the nation's capital.

Berry was charged with possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, possession of unregistered ammunition, and carrying a pistol without a license.

Berry's Facebook page featured a photo from the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol building, the Washington Post reported.

The Virginia man's aunt, who asked not to be named, told the outlet that he was not at the Capitol on the day that the pro-Trump mob breached the building. She also told The Washington Post, however, that her nephew is a supporter of the president. She said that he "always carries his gun" and that "he's one of those open-carry people."

The areas around the Capitol building, the White House and the National Mall are under lockdown ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration following the riot earlier this month. The mob interrupted the certification of the Electoral College vote in the presidential election between Biden and Trump.

A woman was also arrested in Washington, D.C. on Sunday after allegedly attempting to pass police barricades and claiming to a member of both Trump's cabinet and law enforcement.
View Quote

Love when they drag out the random aunts, cousins, former roommates, and ex-girlfriends for a quote.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#18]
He was arrested because .40 is icky
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#19]
one day soon people are going to get confronted with the hard reality that continually holding your nose and voting away your rights cake little by little still leaves you no rights cake in the end.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top