Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
So putting a bow on this, the military is gay, as conservatives we hate it just like every other American institution.

I think we nailed it. I feel good about this one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Welp, these things happen when you have a clown as an illegitimate President…
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Just start the “what’s your excuse for not serving” thread. I love those.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By daemon734:

Well good thing we have you as the arbiter to tell us what is an acceptable cause to fight for and what isn't!  Otherwise I might make a mistake and back a play not supported by our resident alpha male super patriot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:
I wouldn't call going overseas to defend Taiwan "dying for GloboHomo". I hate China, and if they kick things off... we have a legit alliance with Taiwan and I support defending them.
I want China to get their ass kicked.
I am saying that dying for GloboHomo is basically what they're advertising. If the US government puts out messaging stating that America is fighting for a global future, and for increased sexual degeneracy..... why would any one who's normal respond positively to that?

Well good thing we have you as the arbiter to tell us what is an acceptable cause to fight for and what isn't!  Otherwise I might make a mistake and back a play not supported by our resident alpha male super patriot.
If someone joins thr military because they're a Communist and want to use it as a stepping stone or to subvert the military.... are you really going to tell me his motivation for joining the military doesn't matter?

I'm criticizing the government's pathetic attempts at boosting recruitment with literal LGBT propaganda and pushing Globalist open borders narratives in their messaging.

If they did a video about standing up to China and other Tyrannical government's around the world....  that would in line with something that might work. But their literal recruitment videos AND the government's own messaging is undermining the motivations that tend to convince people to join. That's all I'm saying. Is that really that objectionable?

Or are you a fan of the LGBTWTFBBQ recruitment videos?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:29:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PatriotAr15] [#5]
Originally Posted By brosnarp:

Alternate summary: guys who failed to join the military for various reasons go hard claiming that anyone in now is dying for globohomo, then get dunked on repeatedly.
View All Quotes
Ill summarize it for you... you're not allowed to criticize the US Government for falling recruitment numbers unless you've served in the military.

Alternate summary: guys who failed to join the military for various reasons go hard claiming that anyone in now is dying for globohomo, then get dunked on repeatedly.
People who join the military have their own reasons for joining and fighting.

My criticism is about the messaging and values the government is trying to push and use as motivators to join the military. Values that are contrary to the US Constitution.

Pushing LGBTQWTFBBQ nonsense in recruitment videos, condemning anyone who believes in nationalism or national sovereignty, or anyone who supports the 2A or even free speech...
You don't get to do that and NOT suffer a drop in recruitment. Is that really that fucking hard to understand!?!?

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:
So putting a bow on this, the military is gay, as conservatives we hate it just like every other American institution.

I think we nailed it. I feel good about this one.
View Quote
The military isn't gay. But our political leaders certainly are. And they're pulling a Bud light style advertising campaign... and then surprised that recruitment levels have fallen.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
People who join the military have their own reasons for joining.

My criticism is about the messaging and values the government is trying to push and use as motivators to join the military.

Pushing LGBTQWTFBBQ nonsense in recruitment videos, condemning anyone who believes in nationalism or national sovereignty, or anyone who supports the 2A or even free speech..
You don't get to do that and NOT suffer a drop in recruitment. Is that really that fucking hard to understand!?!?

View Quote

Link to recruitment videos condemning nationalism, national sovereignty, the 2A, or free speech?

Not saying they don’t exist. I’ve just never seen one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Link to recruitment videos condemning nationalism, national sovereignty, the 2A, or free speech?

Not saying they don't exist. I've just never seen one.
View Quote
The latter was more about the government at large. The LGBTQWTFBBQ stuff, cmon...you know what I'm referring to.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:40:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#9]
The latter was more about the government at large. The LGBTQWTFBBQ stuff, cmon...you know what I'm referring to.
View All Quotes

There's a drop in recruitment everywhere right now, in every fucking job.  Not surprisingly it's affected the military as well.

I may have just solved the thread.

If someone joins thr military because they're a Communist and want to use it as a stepping stone or to subvert the military.... are you really going to tell me his motivation for joining the military doesn't matter?

I'm criticizing the government's pathetic attempts at boosting recruitment with literal LGBT propaganda and pushing Globalist open borders narratives in their messaging.

If they did a video about standing up to China and other Tyrannical government's around the world....  that would in line with something that might work. But their literal recruitment videos AND the government's own messaging is undermining the motivations that tend to convince people to join. That's all I'm saying. Is that really that objectionable?

We've already established you are extremely susceptible to propaganda and messaging and that you need your information spoon fed to you in that exact format, but in reality I dont care if it is, because we dont need or want you.

Even though the messaging you mention is a portion of the overall recruiting effort and represents only a handful of videos out of many, I will acknowledge some of it does exist. Gays are being targeted for recruitment among other demographics. I honestly don't give a shit because unlike you, they may actually have potential to provide value and service to their country.

If they serve they pulled off what you couldn't (wouldn't), and at base value are better people than you are.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Stay on track.

Where are the military recruiting campaigns pushing globalist open borders?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Those were your words. Messaging the government is using to promote certain values for recruitment.

17 years on AD next month, and I haven’t seen what you are talking about. Maybe you can show me?

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:59:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bye_Felicia] [#12]
Served with a dude during the Don't Ask, Don't Tell days. Queerer than a 3 dollar bill. Amazing Scout. Drank like a champ.

I'd take a brigade of that dudes clones to war.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bye_Felicia:
Served with a dude during the Don't Ask, Don't Tell days. Queerer than a 3 dollar bill. Amazing Scout. Drank like a champ.

I'd take a brigade of that dudes clones to war.
View Quote

In 19 years I think I've known maybe 5-6 of them. I'd say at least 4 of them I would consider amazing soldiers, which is a pretty high ratio for me.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#14]
All the military dudes showed up in cheerleader uniforms for the gang bang and started giving each other so many handies in the lobby that shit got gross.

I gotta score it:

PatriotAR15 at negative 17 points.

Team GloboHomo at negative 69 points.

Winner: PatriotAR15 on points.

Patriot, take your wrinkled ball sack and go home to enjoy your first ever win.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
View Quote

Slowly, so you don't cramp up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#16]

My criticism is about the messaging and values the government is trying to push and use as motivators to join the military. Values that are contrary to the US Constitution.

Pushing LGBTQWTFBBQ nonsense in recruitment videos, condemning anyone who believes in nationalism or national sovereignty, or anyone who supports the 2A or even free speech...

View Quote

If you'd stuck to criticizing the messaging in current recruiting ads you'd have found a receptive audience. Instead you've tried to turn your failure to join the military into a virtue and it hasn't really worked out. Keep going though, I'm sure you'll dig your way out of this hole.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I am interested in these videos of which you speak.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Naffenea:

View Quote

In 2021 the US Army published a recruitment video on Youtube that featured a young female soldier that had two moms. Thus invalidating 248 years of good Christian conservative US Army values. Because of this the US Army wants to kill us all.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Slowly, so you don't cramp up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Here is one.

US Army - Emma, The Calling #GOARMY (2021)

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/01/16/army-delists-calling-ads-making-them-harder-find-youtube-after-years-of-political-blowback.html
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:47:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SiVisPacem] [#21]

View Quote

Unlike you, my older brother and his husband have dedicated around 40 years, combined, to the United States Air Force.

You'll need to explain to me in small words how it's contrary to the Constitution for them to serve the Nation they both love.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
All the military dudes showed up in cheerleader uniforms for the gang bang and started giving each other so many handies in the lobby that shit got gross.

I gotta score it:

PatriotAR15 at negative 17 points.

Team GloboHomo at negative 69 points.

Winner: PatriotAR15 on points.

View Quote

Look. Schools almost out.
Who else am I supposed to push my globohomo agenda to?
I've got quotas to keep if I want my George Soros decoder ring.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:06:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#23]

View All Quotes

"Patriot" is just mad he wasn't good enough to get to order drone strikes on US civilians. He's surely advocated enough for his desire to come be a part of the team.

According to your defintion of "Patriot" its anyone who fights for the US government. Not someone who stands for certain principles. I bet if Joe Biden ordered the US military to fire drone strikes on Americans who refuse to turn in their guns or trans their kids... you'd call the drone pilots "True Patriots".

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#24]
That dang Emma video.  That thing that has kept so many gun board dudes awake at night.  

My son is towards the end of his first enlistment in the Army.  He’s in the 82nd and loves some of it and hates some of it, just like I did when I was in from 87-91 USN.  Just like my Dads service and my granddads service times.

Little has changed in the big picture and the military is not collapsing.

When we go visit him and meet his buddies we are impressed by these young GEN Z men that have volunteered to serve our country.  

He has great leaders and poor leaders.  Just like it ever was.

He is just as based now as he ever was.  He has not caught the gayz.  He drinks cusses and chases woman just like soldiers in Fayetteville always have.

He’s a better person now, more mature, in better physical condition than I ever was and extremely confident.

I’m happy with what the army has done for him just like my Dad was happy for what the navy did for me.

Calm down doomers.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Kilroytheknifesnob:
If it was my call, I’d increase standards and pay, shrinking the Army even more. Why do we need a massive Army again? It’s not supposed to be a jobs program.

If general officers want pay closer to civilians, then they’ll have to produce results or be fired. Not sure much of the current crop would stick around to enjoy the higher paychecks.
View Quote

I'd go much further. We are not supposed to have a Standing Army. All of Active Duty would be gone.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:11:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:20:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeJGA] [#27]

View Quote

I don't  give a fuck if someone is LGBTXYZ as long as they are willing to put their life on the line for this country. There have been LGBTXYZs in our military since the American Revolution.   Most just kept it on the down low,
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:26:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#28]
Originally Posted By Phil_Billy:

I'd go much further. We are not supposed to have a Standing Army. All of Active Duty would be gone.
View Quote

That’s a myth https://history.army.mil/html/forcestruc/lineages/branches/inf/0003in.htm

The Founding Fathers kept the 3rd infantry regiment since 1784. It is the oldest Army unit that continues service today.

I don’t know where you guys get this Foundimg Fathers were anti military, anti war and anti “interventionist” as most of you seem to prefer to call it.
It wasn’t just Thomas Jefferson with the Barbary Wars  but other Founding Fathers like James Madison and John Adams expanding the military and getting us involved in foreign wars

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1801-1829/barbary-wars

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

If you guys want to argue it would be better today to do those things, that’s your prerogative and feel free to make that case but it’s a fallacy to lend yourselves some kind of legitimacy by tying those views to the Founding Fathers.

https://oldguard.mdw.army.mil/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:57:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#29]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:02:29 AM EDT
[#30]

George Washington would disband the active duty, leaving only the reserves.
View All Quotes

The reserve components should be disbanded.

George Washington would disband the active duty, leaving only the reserves.

This, it amazing how many of you "Patriots" support a standing Army.

The Founders warned us of this.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:07:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

Nope.  The Army learned it's lesson with contractors.  On a very small scale, sure, but they aren't going to contract out UAS defense.

You should forsee a significant movement of AC strength into the USAR.

The DoD is going to have a SERIOUS come-to-jesus with Congress once 2033 and a 20% across-the-board cut in SS checks hits about 65 million voters is no longer in the "kick the can" timeframe.  I expect by 2030 you'll see a serious shift of Army and Air Force units into the reserves.  I don;t know what the fuck the Navy's going to do.  It's not like you're going to park a carrier group and only drive it around one weekend a month, but no way the Army and AF will take it up the keister without the Navy taking it as well.  USMC already has a good footprint with 3 active divisions and 1 reserve; they'll just switch the ratio.  The Army, I expect will just push the entirety of their CS/CSS footprint into the USAR and regionally align so unit drills/AT can be leveraged to support CA unit training events.  The Army has now gone 0-2 with the roundout brigade and associate unit concepts, so I think it will be a wholesale shift of capabilities and not blended Divisions/Brigades/etc.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwr6:
Originally Posted By NDHojo:
Private contractors I forsee in the future.

Nope.  The Army learned it's lesson with contractors.  On a very small scale, sure, but they aren't going to contract out UAS defense.

You should forsee a significant movement of AC strength into the USAR.

The DoD is going to have a SERIOUS come-to-jesus with Congress once 2033 and a 20% across-the-board cut in SS checks hits about 65 million voters is no longer in the "kick the can" timeframe.  I expect by 2030 you'll see a serious shift of Army and Air Force units into the reserves.  I don;t know what the fuck the Navy's going to do.  It's not like you're going to park a carrier group and only drive it around one weekend a month, but no way the Army and AF will take it up the keister without the Navy taking it as well.  USMC already has a good footprint with 3 active divisions and 1 reserve; they'll just switch the ratio.  The Army, I expect will just push the entirety of their CS/CSS footprint into the USAR and regionally align so unit drills/AT can be leveraged to support CA unit training events.  The Army has now gone 0-2 with the roundout brigade and associate unit concepts, so I think it will be a wholesale shift of capabilities and not blended Divisions/Brigades/etc.  

All Guard and Reserve Units have a fulltime mission and full time staff.

I was an Air Reserve Technician for 15 years before transfering to another Government Agency.

We might be in uniform but we are still technically "civilians" and paid as such Monday - Friday.

To put things in perspective my Unit had 1200 people of which around 400 were fulltime employees.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:18:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#32]

View Quote

Founding Fathers like John Adams? Founding Fathers like Jefferson and Madison who got us involved in 2  overseas wars?

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/early-american-stances-size-and-role-military-and-its-effects-war-1812

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:19:40 AM EDT
[#33]
In what manner, can I reasonably resist whats happening in the country? Attend protests? Write my congressmen? Call congressmen? Spread the message to people in my circle? I've done some of that. I could have done more. I should do more.  I'm more than open to suggestions of what CAN be done.

View Quote

All good options. Live the values you want to see, don't just whine on Internet forums. If half the people who have opposed this stuff actually spoke up and took action, rather than yelling at the television with a beer in hand, things would be a bit better.

Specific example: I'm awful sick of large public companies being used to push various social agendas on customers and employees, so I got together with a few like-minded friends and started a business that 1) does none of that, 2) represents defiance against globalist corporatism by simply existing and 3) will allow our people to support their families without compromising their values. We're not individually significant but if a million people across the country did the same, it sure would be.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:13:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Phil_Billy] [#34]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:
That's a lot of rationalization for one person in a single post!

I had to go look up black pill because I don't spend enough time on the interweb.  Holy shit, what kind of slack jawed faggot would claim to have taken the black pill?  

Just to remove your "I'm too old to join now" excuse, the current age limits are:
Air force: 42
Navy: 41
Army: 39 with waiver to 45

Nobody gives a shit about your "injury".  You use it as a scapegoat to deflect accountability for your own decisions.  You'll sleep better if you improve your self awareness.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Morgan321:
I tried to join.......... I was depressed at the time because....... I really wanted to join................ They literally dropped me like a hot potato.............. MEPS people basically scared me .......................

Even if I wasn't blackpilled.......
That's a lot of rationalization for one person in a single post!

I had to go look up black pill because I don't spend enough time on the interweb.  Holy shit, what kind of slack jawed faggot would claim to have taken the black pill?  
The "black pill" generally refers to a set of beliefs mostly held by incel communities, which include biological determinism, fatalism, and defeatism for unattractive people.

Should I join now? I dont even think they take people in at 40.

You dont understand the nature of my injury.

Just to remove your "I'm too old to join now" excuse, the current age limits are:
Air force: 42
Navy: 41
Army: 39 with waiver to 45

Nobody gives a shit about your "injury".  You use it as a scapegoat to deflect accountability for your own decisions.  You'll sleep better if you improve your self awareness.

Apparently now the MRA is 65? Had no idea it got changed from 60. I'm 45 trying to imagine running around a track like a jack ass at 60 is unfathomable.

That being said watching grown men purse swing especially those who have been or are currently in the Military is embarrassing. Glad I'm retiring in 2025.

Also bragging about importing Afghans is not becoming.

And telling someone to lie to join the Military. If you are one of those guys who has a waiver for your PT Test I don't want you in my Military. If you can't pass a basic fitness test without "cheating" there is no way I can trust you in combat.

It also speaks a lot about your character and the core values you are supposed to uphold.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:24:17 AM EDT
[#35]
To be a counterpoint, you don't have to be apart of the military to be a patriot.

Everyone doesn't have to be a starter motor or flywheel.

If you want you could join the TXSG. It's not part of the US military but it does good work down on the border and also does superb disaster relief for Texans.

Go be active in your community and vocal about pro-American causes.

Fight tax increases.

Some of the founding fathers were never in the military but yet they made the greatest nation on earth.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:46:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

That’s a myth https://history.army.mil/html/forcestruc/lineages/branches/inf/0003in.htm

The Founding Fathers kept the 3rd infantry regiment since 1784. It is the oldest Army unit that continues service today.

I don’t know where you guys get this Foundimg Fathers were anti military, anti war and anti “interventionist” as most of you seem to prefer to call it.
It wasn’t just Thomas Jefferson with the Barbary Wars  but other Founding Fathers like James Madison and John Adams expanding the military and getting us involved in foreign wars

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4165_jpeg-3214740.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4166_jpeg-3214741.JPG

If you guys want to argue it would be better today to do those things, that’s your prerogative and feel free to make that case but it’s a fallacy to lend yourselves some kind of legitimacy by tying those views to the Founding Fathers.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4164_jpeg-3214735.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4165_jpeg-3214740.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4166_jpeg-3214741.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4164_jpeg-3214735.JPG

They meant only to raise an Army in times of war. Even  Washington who is a professional soldier, spoke out about having a Standing Army in times of peace and the dangers of it.

From: George Washington, Sentiments on a Peace Establishment

Altho' a large standing Army in time of Peace hath ever been considered dangerous to the liberties of a Country, yet a few Troops, under certain circumstances, are not only safe, but indispensably necessary. Fortunately for us our relative situation requires but few. The same circumstances which so effectually retarded, and in the end conspired to defeat the attempts of Britain to subdue us, will now powerfully tend to render us secure. Our distance from the European States in a great degree frees us of apprehension, from their numerous regular forces and the Insults and dangers which are to be dreaded from their Ambition.

You can litterally Google what the Founders had to say about a Standing Army and they echo my sentimates.

I'm not saying we don't need an Army just not in its current state.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:50:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Phil_Billy] [#37]

Founding Fathers like John Adams? Founding Fathers like Jefferson and Madison who got us involved in 2  wars?

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/early-american-stances-size-and-role-military-and-its-effects-war-1812

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4173_jpeg-3214752.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4174_jpeg-3214753.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4175_jpeg-3214754.JPG

See above reply. There are numerous others of the Founders who echo the same sentiments. I'm not about to spend a lot of time Googling it to get a bunch of quotes. You should of learned this in History class.

Most times I agree with you, but you are wrong on this.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

In 2021 the US Army published a recruitment video on Youtube that featured a young female soldier that had two moms. Thus invalidating 248 years of good Christian conservative US Army values. Because of this the US Army wants to kill us all.
View Quote

Decline either happens slowly or all the sudden, either way there is always a starting point.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:05:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

But in all fairness, you could have fixed him.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:
I would have joined but I would have probably punched my drill instructor.

But in all fairness, you could have fixed him.

It’s the circle of life.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:09:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#40]

See above reply. There are numerous others of the Founders who echo the same sentiments. I'm not about to spend a lot of time Googling it to get a bunch of quotes. You should of learned this in History class.

Most times I agree with you, but you are wrong on this.
View Quote

There’s nothing to agree or disagree with me on.

It’s history and fact. I’ve posted links so unless you’re disputing the legitimacy of those links I’ve already established President Adams, Jefferson and Madison did not conform to your description. Jefferson started out opposed to a standing Army and involvement in foreign wars but when he became President he got us involved in a war overseas against Muslims in North Africa. Even George Washington did not disband the active duty regular Army 3rd infantry regiment.

The third infantry regiment was never disbanded by any of the Founding Fathers - George Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison all could have done it but none did.

There was an active duty Army in the Founding Fathers timeline after the Revolutionary war ended. They did not disband the active duty regular Army, Navy or Marines after the British conceded defeat and acknowledged the Republic in 1783.

Post links to the contrary if you’re denying this as historical fact
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#41]
TLDR

If it can't be conveyed in 3-5, 1 is optimal, intelligent/understandable, the originator/writer has no clue. There might be the real problem....
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:20:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#42]

They meant only to raise an Army in times of war. Even  Washington who is a professional soldier, spoke out about having a Standing Army in times of peace and the dangers of it.

Altho' a large standing Army in time of Peace hath ever been considered dangerous to the liberties of a Country, yet a few Troops, under certain circumstances, are not only safe, but indispensably necessary. Fortunately for us our relative situation requires but few. The same circumstances which so effectually retarded, and in the end conspired to defeat the attempts of Britain to subdue us, will now powerfully tend to render us secure. Our distance from the European States in a great degree frees us of apprehension, from their numerous regular forces and the Insults and dangers which are to be dreaded from their Ambition.

You can litterally Google what the Founders had to say about a Standing Army and they echo my sentimates.

View Quote

I’m not “saying anything” you’re arguing a position, I’m merely citing the historical record.

President Washington’s statements and writings are all good and well but when George Washington had the opportunity, authority and power to do so, neither he nor Congress deactivated nor disbanded the active duty Army https://armyhistory.org/first-american-regiment/

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://jtfncr.mdw.army.mil/oldguard/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

All Guard and Reserve Units have a fulltime mission and full time staff.

I was an Air Reserve Technician for 15 years before transfering to another Government Agency.

Good thing your high moral virtue is untouched because the founders said "Army" instead of "Air Force".

The "poophole loophole" of the Founder's intent. Smart.

Glad I'm retiring in 2025.

I have a feeling you aren't the only one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Your quote says that a standing army is indispensably necessary. That's the opposite of "We were not supposed to have a Standing Army."
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Your quote says that a standing army is indispensably necessary. That's the opposite of "We were not supposed to have a Standing Army."
View Quote

General Washington was the origin of the military saying “never stand if you can sit (etc, et al).”

That’s why we aren’t supposed to have “a standing army.”

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#46]

I’m not “saying anything” you’re arguing a position, I’m merely citing the historical record.

President Washington’s statements and writings are all good and well but when George Washington had the opportunity, authority and power to do so, neither he nor Congress deactivated nor disbanded the active duty Army https://armyhistory.org/first-american-regiment/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4184_jpeg-3214793.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4185_jpeg-3214794.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4186_jpeg-3214795.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4187_jpeg-3214796.JPG

https://jtfncr.mdw.army.mil/oldguard/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_4188_jpeg-3214799.JPG
View Quote

The founders believed in suffrage so they also believed in all the inevitable gay stuff it leads to.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

The founders believed in suffrage so they also believed in all the inevitable gay stuff it leads to.
View Quote

Powdered wigs and frilly shirts will do that

Seinfeld: The Puffy Shirt (Clip) | TBS
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#49]
You guys are mean and part of why our government is more of a threat than China and Russia.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#50]
You guys are mean and part of why our government is more of a threat than China and Russia.
View Quote

Decline of Senior Officer Integrity

This is actually what worries me the most, I think at the lower levels there are a lot of people in the military for the right things however at the senior levels I’m not so sure about that.

The root cause of that problem is the  pipeline for GOFOs insures that they get a massive amount of indoctrination from the progressives.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top